Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It wouldn't be a Thorsby comic without a series of escalating lies and excuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Oh hey we found the plot. Neat.

I am really looking forward to learning what the deal is with these super evil names. It better be Thorsby as heck. Maybe this is a land where the evil scheming fantasy villain won and then they just sort of made an actual country out of things.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Libluini posted:

I'm betting on Trixie's fiancée being the killer. Maybe her uncle is just so loving rich she couldn't help herself and is now using Trixie as the perfect alibi. Being rich after her uncle keels over fought against being together with Trixie, and love lost. The ancient story.

I think you're probably right. It also conveniently gets her out of the way so that the implied future romance with Klara can begin.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I was hoping the misunderstanding between Trixie and Audrey would continue longer, as there would be a lot of potential for Thorsby shenanigans, but I'm sure there'll be many zany situations anyway.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

IT BEGINS

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

If you zoom in and try to read the very tiny text, the first few lines of the necromancer article actually have to do with the headline, and then he just gives up and writes nonsense for the rest of the paper.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

That felt like a bit of a cop-out, but he did kinda write himself into a corner there.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Lyndon probably still has his spell. He didn't kill anyone, after all.

Nah, he still enabled the mind mugger to kill someone. It's like when he lost his powers after he trapped that monster with a conjured wall and Audrey killed it.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Pacifism magic only breaks if you harm somebody with your magic. Lyndon's knowledge of magic contributed to the harm, but the actual magic was being done by Lyndon-mugger.

I stand corrected. The rules on pacifist magic are confusing sometimes.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

They're absolutely going to get screwed over by an actual hallucination at some point. Maybe one of them will hallucinate the parrot, or even hallucinate switching with the parrot.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

xiw posted:

Oh my god those are anti-sleep-spell devices on their wrists

They should’ve set those up so that they were hidden - that way they could bait Lyndon into casting a sleep spell, which would set the device off and cause him to lose all his magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

vyelkin posted:

imo the definitive Thorsby comic ranking is:

Someone else did it so now I have to make one too

For me:

1) Trixie: All around great with very few low points. Great characters, great story, good mix of standalone episodic adventures and more important greater plot stuff stuff surrounding it. Also it has noted best character Zoozo Zlen, who in retrospect doesn’t seem like the kind of person to just club someone to death in the street for stealing a purse but Thorsby apparently doesn’t plan in detail so I guess I’ll let it slide. It’s also straightforward with a relatively simple premise and gets going pretty quick, making it an excellent place for people unfamiliar to Thorsby to start.

2) Hitmen: to be honest, my gut was to place this higher because of all the great moments I remember, but it’s been years. I think if I were to reread the whole thing I would probably find I’d forgotten some parts I didn’t like or find that the good parts weren’t quite as good as I remember. This, it receives the silver medal.

3). Lies, Sisters and Wives: a great farce that does what it needs to and doesn’t overstay it’s welcome. It’s what Thorsby is good at, so having a short comic just entirely about that kind of nonsense works well. I feel like it could be very easily adapted to a short play or film.

4). Accidental Space Spy: Space Spy just kind of feels... eh. It’s got some great individual arcs, but the overall plot tying them together is pretty weak and it has a lot of points I really didn’t enjoy.

5) Transdimensional Brain Chip: I don’t really like the characters and the premise lost me after it started going into the religion-virus direction. It seems like it appealed to people who aren’t me a bit more, but why would I ever care about the opinion of someone who isn’t me?