Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ah, solving a problem by making it more complex. The standard attitude of any Thorsbian protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the scrotum monster that's walking on its tongue. One of the stupidest/weirdest Thorsbian critter.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I don't think it's over yet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That would be pretty funny. "You'll die killed by the ghost baboon I just summoned."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So Klara saw Trixie kill her, Trixie saw Audrey kill her, Audrey saw Lynton kill her, and presumably Lynton is going to see Klara kill him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/85/

If anyone touched the closet, it was not on-panel.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Carrasco posted:

The first we see of it is the page before, and Klara does indeed mention moving it--using a lever mechanism, so I'm not sure if that counts. She was the one to suggest they touch the scepter, which seems to be an effective way of getting them all to kill each other.

She only mentions pulling a lever that opened a hatch. I don't see any reason to assume this moved the closet. Notably I don't see the trace of a mechanism that would allow to slide the closet over and off the hatch.

Also I'm still skeptical about the whole demon guardian thing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They're so close to figuring that out that "demon" story is bullshit...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Seems like the situation is sufficiently set up for something really absurd to happen for page 100.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So she thought the demon had been triggered already and so she could safely steal the content of the closet.

I think the lesson here is that possessing people with a murder demon is not a good idea for a safety system. A slumber demon is probably a better idea, really. Though I'm still surprised the demon was actually real in the end.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Killing someone with his spell is a precondition to him getting a different spell, and it'd be boring and definitely un-Thorsbyish if he kept the same spell throughout the story, so he's gonna rack up quite the bodycount by the end of the story.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BiggerJ posted:

I wonder how many vice presidents they're going to burn through.

That was my thought as well.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Well Manicured Man posted:

I briefly forgot what thread this was and thought this post was about American politics for a second :smith:

The difference with American politics is that the vice president will somehow be killed as a result of saying something homophobic.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Eeevil posted:

So wait, if he's willing to murder people to eliminate his political opponents, why didn't he start with, you know, his political opponents?

He's not that dumb. If Trixie is killed, then the suspects are Trixie's opponents -- that include him. But if someone that Trixie publicly threatened is killed, then he's not a suspect, but Trixie is.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So the paralysis should wear off just as she starts stabbing him, causing a shout of pain to be heard by everyone.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sanford posted:

Edit: look at them arms!

If the arms were drawn with realistic proportions she couldn't lift the statuette above her head...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/199
Blue mugger looks to be smart enough to call Lyndon on his bullshit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Silver Snail posted:

Why would a mind mugger want to be president?

It's a lot easier to meet the smartest people when you're president.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/211

Just posting the link since other people didn't. Lyndon is really happy about getting imprisoned so as to be executed later.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pistol_Pete posted:

Lol if she goes to the King and demands why he never told her about her twin sister and the King's all like: "HOW did you find out about THAT?!"

Knowing Thorsby, that's probably what's going to happen.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/224

I was expecting some weird alien customs and Lyndon not managing to emulate it convincingly; but this works even better.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It wouldn't be a Thorsby story if the characters were capable of being tactful.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/230

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hopefully there will be a situation where they will have to use him as a bungee rope.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/251

Based on the latest issue, I'd say it's not so much that she surrounds herself with crazy people, but that she drives people insane with hallucinogenic foodstuff so that the impossible ones can help her.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/254

"No, I prefer the mystery."

The impossible ones made a mistake though; you don't bind people with their hands in front of them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Thorsby is the best.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Impossible Ones we had seen before were pretty tame, all things considered.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I'm the flying skull car.

A 2CV, nice.

I'm the bouncing ball bear.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

habituallyred posted:

Didn't Rock Paper Shotgun have an article on the adventure game Thorsby made? Also this seems like a setup for possessing the Carniroos. Or forgetting that Trixie's body is just lying there.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/oyvind-thorsby/

The only thing about Thorsby here is this paragraph:

quote:

Then there are more extreme approaches. Øyvind Thorsby disliked the pacing effects of EXAMINE so much that he wrote a couple of games that got rid of it entirely, including Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, which you are supposed to play only once, in order to make sure you take its puzzles and pacing seriously. (I lost. I am not supposed to ever play again. The Yeti Robot Zombies defeated me.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Lone Badger posted:

Severed heads aren't impossible. They're quite common actually.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

davidspackage posted:

You know... the plan worked, you could let Audrey kill them now.

The plan only worked because they actually don't want to let Audrey kill the witch.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No.
Ah.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mister Olympus posted:

I would pay good money for a thorsby monster manual

I have one.

quote:

"The Ultimate Creature Manual" by Arthur Hippoman. According to the back it contains information about every single monster in the world, and how to defend yourself against them. It is suspiciously thin.

>read 1
On the front is a badly drawn picture of three monsters running away from a man who is holding a copy of the book over his head.

>read 2
So, you have spotted a monster. How many legs does it have?
None: read page 3
One: read page 35
Two: read page 36
Three: read page 62
Four: read page 63
Six: read page 86
Eight: read page 87
Forty eight billion and five: read page 90
It varies: read page 91

>read 3
Which of the following body parts does it have?
Fins: read page 4
Branches: read page 8
Tentacles: read page 11
Arms: read page 14
None of the above: read page 29

>read 4
What kind of eyes does it have?
Ugly and yellow with black pupils: read page 5
Ugly and red with black pupils: read page 6
Ugly and white with no pupils: read page 7

>read 5
It is a Gnuga Fish. The large female Gnuga Fish will form in its mouth a surprisingly strong rope made from a sticky secretion created by glands in its throat. The much smaller male Gnuga Fish will then swim backwards into the female's mouth, where the rope will be attached to its tail. The female will then spit the male with great force onto land. If the male hits any creature it will bite. The male Gnuga Fish has a tremendous bite, its teeth accounts for half its body weight, and its jaw muscles for most of the other half. The female will then suck the rope, the male and the prey back into the ocean. If you see the male Gnuga Fish shoot towards you, your best chance is in hitting it back into the water with a frying pan or similar. If you do get bitten, you will not be able to remove the teeth or cut the strong rope. Instead you must pull the female Gnuga onto land before you are pulled into the water. On land the female cannot eat you, and both fish will die after a few hours. The dead male will fall off after a week or two.

>read 91
Why does the number of legs vary?
It keeps losing legs and growing new ones: read page 92
It's entire body keeps changing: read page 93
It depends on what creature it is possessing: read page 94

>read 94
It is a Demon. Almost impossible to kill, but if one possesses you often, just point out to it someone with a better body than yourself. The easiest way of communicating with your demon is writing a letter that you carry with you at all times until you get possessed. If you can find nobody with a better body, stop taking so good care of your own. Be warned that if you are a naturally happy person a demon might become addicted to you, and will use your body almost constantly. If this happens persuade it to join Possessors Anonymous.

>read 95
Other books by the same author:
The Ultimate Trap Manual: Learn all about spotting and avoiding lethal traps.
The Ultimate Magic Manual: Learn all about avoiding dangerous spells and curses.
The Otter Lover's Cookbook: 5000 delicious recipes involving otters.
How to Destroy a Golem: The definite work on golem destruction.

Coming soon:
The Super Ultimate Monster Manual: An even more complete guide to monsters.
The Ultimate Volcano Manual: Learn all about how to avoid those pesky burning mountains.
I, a Tender Flower: The moving novel of a young woman's discovery of her own sexuality and her troubled feelings concerning her lesbianism.

>read 96
The back of the book reads:
The Ultimate Creature Manual by Arthur Hippoman. This book contains information about every single monster in the world, and how to defend yourself against them. It is as easy to consult in the midst of action and treasure hunting, as it is delightful to browse in the comforts of your own home. The writer is himself an experienced hero, and has been involved in such adventures as the quest for the golden fleas, the raid of the city of wisdom, and the case of the missing shoe.

"Pretty darn good!"
Peter Robinson, famous adventurer

"A terribly (...) good (...) book."
Belinda Snuffthroat, Swashbuckler's Periodical

"Best book ever!"
Dorris Hippoman

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They should find a relatively fresh zombie animal, kill it, and bring it to artist to eat. Once the artist is sate, they can let it return to normal gravity and be on its way; if it's not hungry and not threatened it should just want to return to its territory.

But whatever is going to happen is going to be a lot Thorsbyer than that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jon Joe posted:

Protect the artist from what, though?

From going back out and falling into the sky, for example.

And potentially from zombies.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Man, Spigot really took the Jerk City move hard.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Klara just needs to catch the doorway or the frog statue with her feet. Or the next floor window, maybe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's a convenient tree Klara can hang from so Trixie has both hands free to go all slaughteraxe on the zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's no way this plan will fail.