Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah, as per this explanation. Which is too bad, because Audrey would be able to go back to get that super-expensive metal.

Also, they wouldn't be about to die horribly by madness worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Oh whatever, you're just mad because your castle got destroyed in a way that didn't also kill everyone in a giant madness worm rampage.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So I think we can say "called it".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

MAYOR WAS BEAR

Also, this is totally gonna happen in Audrey's tavern...

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Also, that which nobody in the vicinity is interested in putting down.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Maybe they can convince giant Grover there to run for president.

e X posted:

I am a little bit confused, why did they plan to create another candidate, I thought the Old Lady was going to be the second decoy?

I don't think anyone, even the old lady, was buying that just standing next to an open manhole counted as an act of superb heroism.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Well, I wasn't expecting something like that.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Also, that politics would be better if politicians had to go dungeon crawling for funds.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

At least Trixie and Uncle Juju can bond over their taste in wine.

Although knowing Thorsby there's going to be some mix-up where the snake gets milked and its venom ends up in the wine glass somehow, and before you know it half the cast is piled up unconscious in various closets while the other half run around making excuses to the Inquisition.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I was expecting the Inquisition to be some kind of terrifying holiday. It didn't occur to me that's just what they call the debates, but it makes perfect sense.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

theironjef posted:

Uncle Juju has the third question. Gotta be.

Well, fourth.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I don't think Lyndon's a likely suspect, since he was specifically named as an accessory to the murder. Plus he would probably be less surprised to find the body there. I'd bet on Barbara Everdark being behind it, probably after yelling at the vice president.

All we can know for certain is that the snake whose venom just knocks you out is going to play a major role in this murder mystery slash comedy of errors. Possibly the technically illegal wine, too.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Alternatively: the police already caught the real murderer and know the whole story, but they're going to use that snake with the knock-out venom on her before she can even explain.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Here we go!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

I was hoping the misunderstanding between Trixie and Audrey would continue longer, as there would be a lot of potential for Thorsby shenanigans, but I'm sure there'll be many zany situations anyway.

That's what I thought would happen, it's cool he can mess with the expectations he created like that though.

Speaking of hijinks, there's the snake! It only knocks people unconscious, but he's gonna die somehow anyway.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

She's not evil, she just laughs that way.

This VP's about to get the worst death yet. Buried alive or fed into a woodchipper or something.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So close.

Considering the first arc turned into Pokemon, I guess this one just turned into Yu-Gi-Oh.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

HBar posted:

Hank should have just kept Eliza-ing. I'm starting to wonder if Hank will die too (maybe while trying to bluff his way through snake-handling), and then they have to deal with an investigation into Julius' death while still trying to hide the real Julius' death.

Actually that would be a tidy way to wrap this all up. Everyone will think Julius is dead, so they don't have to worry about keeping up the charade long term.

But it would mean losing Hank Genocide, and that's unacceptable.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"This looks like the end for good old Hank!" is the kind of thing I would say if I were good old Hank.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

At least he lived a relatively long and possibly happy life.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

No wonder Trixie's going into politics, she's a goddamn Machiavellian mastermind.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

My money's on Klara just throwing the snake at him.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's only two corpses, Audrey. That's one of the smallest amounts of corpses you can have.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I don't know why they're so worried, at this point killing vice presidents is basically the Diabolican national sport.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

That poor zookeeper is going to get the blame for everything.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Here we go.

Note that all this is taking place while the cops are still looking for them.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Quest...complete?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Oh yeah, Trixie is homeless after all this huh.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I really want to see Audrey's version of the "if you hurt my sister" speech.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Lyndon, Audrey is indeed the best, but what you're doing here is inevitably going to end in disaster. You are going to be creating an illusion and get distracted by Audrey, and then you're going to have to deal with the fallout of creating a naked Audrey illusion in front of her.

His beer didn't turn into a naked woman when Audrey started yelling about strippers, so he's probably fine.

...no, who am I kidding, that is exactly what will happen. And then Audrey just laughs her rear end off at him.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Maybe mindless undead perform all manual labor in Diabolica.

So the necromancers are striking because they have to get it all done with a skeleton crew.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I was going to say that can't possibly be right, but then I realized the last few "Uncle Juju" strips were all about who's sleeping with/wants to sleep with who, so maybe it was setting that up.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

My first thought was "this is some guy trapped in the cave who has survived by pretending to be nuts so the mind muggers don't want him."

That seemed appropriately Thorsbyesque.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I dunno, that's basically just a smug way of saying "lighting people on fire isn't very reliable if you need them alive".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Heh, the design on that blue guy.

"Okay Audrey, the power is yours."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Only Hank Genocide can save them now.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

That was just sad, Trixie.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'm suspicious of this guy. Partly because he makes all these wild claims and even Klara hasn't heard of his species, but mostly because he's Elf Hobo Captain Planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Man, the party's not in a great position here. Lyndon doesn't have his spells, Audrey doesn't have her sword, and Klara doesn't have any knowledge of this species.

And even worse, she lost her hat.