Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This has promise. I don't know if it'll be as good as Hitmen for Destiny, but it's gotta be better than the disappointing ending of Accidental Space Spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm a big fan of their flag being four hands backstabbing each other.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I agree. His hair is awesome.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The true power of the Scepter of Death is revealed :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Carrasco posted:

She's like the protagonist from Hitmen for Destiny, except she starts off bloodthirsty and murderous and just happened to be born in a world where you can make a living that way.

e: Also the fact that there's a crowbar next to a rune-covered axe on the wall there is another one of those "high fantasy with t-shirts" things that I can't wait to see the explanation for.
It's for opening things with. Obviously.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Don't see that every day."

That's just understated enough that I am worried there's an actual Candymancer running around or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"I am glad we solved the mystery before anyone was hurt."

"My arm is broken."

:lol:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"IT'S A loving WIZARD!" accurately sums up why I love Thorsby so much.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh no, not Julius Saunamassacre :ohdear:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"So if anybody asks you to help them kill some dude called Julius Saunamassacre, you should say no."

I love Thorsby.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Man, is he really going to get rid of the Scepter that quickly? I hope it comes back. It's great.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Barbara is right. We will have to arrange for somebody else to insult the homosexuals.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pvt.Scott posted:

As far as anyone can tell, the darkbadgrimdark names are part of an as-yet unrevealed setting detail. My money is on a Dark Overlord who conquered the world and then fast forward a thousand years or so.
I don't know, I'm kind of hoping for "that's just how names work in this world" with no explanation ever given.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's completely impossible to take any panel with the coat of arms visible in its background seriously.

That loving :downs: face on the knight holding the head aloft :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"It's a good thing cops are stupid."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm pretty sure there's an entire article for each of the two on the left, not just lorem ipsum. Looks like it, at least. My vision's pretty bad, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I was hoping the twist would be that Lyndon was gay and had created illusionary sexy male strippers.

But I'll take this incoming farce.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want to know what necromancers are striking from doing. Do they have city jobs?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mind mugger will steal Lyndon, use spell to create illusions (probably sexy ones), end up killing itself somehow, Lyndon loses the spell and also has to talk fast to get himself out of hot water.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/190

Lyndon totally trying to get monster-tentacle-laid. But also I think Audrey is likeliest to come up with a ridiculous plan to save them all, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The handyman is great and I hope we get a real handyman at some point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"That was traumatic."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RandomFerret posted:

It really does bother me how much he looks like Captain Planet, because I'm pretty sure it was 100% accidental
Yeah, there's no way that Thorsby did that on purpose but it's uncanny.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So hey to you creatures :v:

Dude sounds like Tommy Wiseau in my head for some reason.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It will be very tragic! "He wasted most of his life in a bathroom," people will say.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I choose to believe that the Holy Rod of Mirmormir actually dispels illusions as well as ghosts.

(but Lyndon still lost the spell and we'll never be able to tell the difference)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What are you talking about? Just an average everyday Planeteer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
GOOD. KEEP FEELING BAD.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, actually, I think it'll be anyone but him. Dr. Slanderlord has to take a look at his head because a weird thing happened, it's a natural way to get them in the door, but then while they're in there someone says or does something farcical...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I hope it's just a stick with a star on it (but she is also an Impossible Magician despite not having an actual impossible wand)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/239

I'm torn between "BONDRIX DOMINASAR" and "maybe they were ninjas" as my favorite part of this.

And I also hope it comes up that you can't cast plausible deniability magic on someone who's actively paying attention to you. Maybe have Lyndon stretch out his arm and poke a dude from behind so she can whammy him. Or have everyone start shouting and pointing and doing Thorsby things. This could be good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It also is the most coherent use of Thorsby's dislike of religion, because it's literally a meme virus rather than the abstract concept of religion that's the actual issue.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/244

On the one hand, they're generically insane inmates.

...on the other the one guy specifically writing THE CLOUDS ARE WATCHING while we're discussing possible witnesses to plausible magic could be foreshadowing. (but it probably isn't. but it could be)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Whybird posted:

So I can't help but think straight to a certain story by Poe.
Well, here's some confirmation for you today.

Not entirely, though. Samantha herself might just be making the best of a bad situation.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The birds keep getting more and more conspicuous.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like his nipples.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oh man the way the impossible one talks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cant cook creole bream posted:

How would you know for certain that a drug wore off?

What they need to do is to convince Samantha that this plan is logical and well thought out and that she might be way more sane than she assumes.
How can she see the impossible ones? Does she have to be fundamentally uncertain about her own magic? I feel like you're onto the actual solution here.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nigel and Ninja are close enough that we can give the credit to whoever guessed the parrot was also a ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

last panel made me laugh