Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

super sweet best pal posted:

Shove Zoozo's spare hat on his head so he can't see where he is when he dies. Maybe gag him as well?

That still tells him that his current plan failed and he needs to do something else.

I like the idea of tricking him into thinking he's in a simulation so he kills himself trying to send a message, although it's easier said than done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

The Lone Badger posted:

That's a very bold ontological statement to make. They're as real as we are.
Look, we can all agree that teleporters (which work by creating a perfect duplicate of the target at the destination and then destroying the original) are perfectly ethical. Clearly, this means that destroying someone is okay as long as there's a good enough duplicate running around. So, by extension, we can conclude that using the scepter is fine, because the universe that gets created and destroyed is basically just a copy of this one with less astronomy. No ethical quandaries here.

This also means that ordering a sim into the pool and then deleting the ladder is okay, but only if you modeled the sim on someone you know. Ethics is complicated sometimes.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Mr. Steak posted:

... a perfect simulation where an unfeeling audrey and unfeeling lyndon, along with an emotionless rest of the world, all act identically to if they had real emotions, even though they dont. their feelings are only the result of predicted atomic movements in their brains

Dang. I’m glad my emotions are real and not just the result of atoms moving in my brain.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Yeti Robot Zombies was forgettable (literally, in that I beat it years ago but cannot remember anything about it) but Adventurer’s Consumer Guide is great.

It’s a text adventure about needing to test out some new adventuring tools for the magazine you write for, all of which technically work as advertised. Things play out about how you’d expect given Thorsby is the writer. It has a great sense of humor and the puzzles are very fair and well made. Definitely give it a look if you like Thorsby’s work.