Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Libluini posted:

Or living beings don't count as weapons and nothing will happen.

How quickly we forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I can't stop laughing, I love this comic so much.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
It would be pretty bad storytelling to be in a simulation at this point, you'd have to leave out some pretty critical things happening offscreen. I think that Thorsby knows better, especially after what is possibly the best payoff for a seemingly unbeatable antagonist I've ever seen.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
At this point the entire Skyggmerian strike team is pretty much done for, and the simulated universes didn't show that Barbara or anyone else was going to get him if this plan fails.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
There's nobody left at this point other than a confused Jouster that can't get it's lower half to do what it wants and a very sticky and angry vice-president, and we all know how things usually go for vice-presidents.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Thorsby has no qualms ending things in a few strips after the climax. Space Spy ended like 2 strips after averting nuclear war and convincing Dunkirk that it'd be too much of a pain in the rear end to bring them back to the ship.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't really get how people think Brain Chip isn't a happy ending. The creation of a god who exists solely to make humanity more successful and happy at the expense of... what exactly? The humanity of a single person, the personal fulfillment of another, and our ability to elect people to start wars, commit genocide and destroy the planet for us?

Not exactly a tragedy in my books.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Creating a functioning biosphere is probably the most difficult thing that we could ever theoretically accomplish in real life. It wouldn't destroy suspension of disbelief for it to already be happening in the end of the comic, but it's a good choice to show the idea that god hasn't quite finished her work in the universe by the end of the comic and that there are still things to be done and problems in the world that she can't just fix immediately and permanently with the snap of her fingers.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
If the sceptre had the processing power to keep universes running forever then it wouldn't have to stop simulating an area of 5 light years around itself.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
awww happy ending for the impossible one that died in the simulation

And for pretty much everyone. Even the headlings! very sweet :)

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I mean the names are just the product of a D&D/fantasy world that progressed far enough socially to form nations and democracies and poo poo. Surnames don't just go away, even if they're "Genocide" or "Slaughteraxe". Chances are Trixie is just descendant from some dude who did a lot of slaughtering. With an axe.

Anyways even Barbara gets a happy ending! I can't loving believe this comic.

I love it so much.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I think you guys might be forgetting that Klara has the same expression on her face no matter what she's doing or how she's feeling (except for the last panel when she's posing for a portrait).

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

JustaDamnFool posted:

Yeah, didnt Klara have a big moment about how she struggles to outwardly express emotion?

I don't think so, I think everyone just knows she's like that and doesn't mind it that much.

I mean it's probably easier to read a human who doesn't emote than most of the other races they coexist with fairly happily.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Hey hey hey, it's everyone's favorite pathetic creature turned athletic inventor :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

super sweet best pal posted:

Thorsby was right. We've got that coronavirus running around and no universal healthcare to keep it in check.

Malachite fever is what I think of when I see one of those articles about how like 90% of Americans go to work sick and like half never go to the doctor because they can't afford it, with literally no mention of how none of these people have any choice in the matter.