Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

He's probably just saving the really good spells for when he needs them-- or he already learned all the good ones and screwed it up, losing the chance forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

It's entirely possible that Lyndon learned a spell recently that has an odd side effect on the behavior of the scepter, or some other magic is augmenting/twisting how it works.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

The plot, it thickens.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

So the entire "kidnap and isolate" strategy is just to make sure that anyone else touching the scepter can't learn anything useful and stop the war/plague?

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

Predictions!

1) The next simulation run(s) will focus on Lyndon finding a way to efficiently convey information to his real self via magic or an artifact.

2) Future simulation runs will get a lot easier when it turns out pacifism magic has a loophole where simulated beings are not real and cannot, therefore, be harmed.

(I'm not sure on the spoiler tags but I saw other people doing it for speculation so I guess it's if someone doesn't want to see potential answers and try solving the puzzle 100% on their own).

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

Simulated people are as real as non-simulated people and anyone who suggests otherwise is just itching for an excuse to commit atrocities.

To be fair I wasn't expecting Lyndon to have the idea.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

The real question is how many times she is going to touch the scepter in the next minute just to practice killing everything.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Last panel of the last comic: the stars go out.

Oh wait, so, the scepter can include a simulation within itself, but only one level deep? And it unloads everything on you, not just your own perspective, so Lyndon's going to be standing there overwhelmed and get got by the shadow ape?

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

I was assuming that the first simulation would be higher quality and provide more complete information (as that would be the whole point of the scepter) and that only the second layer simulations were limited. I didn't base this on anything except what would make an easier to wrap up ending though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004

Thorsby is running an RPG on twitter.