Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Terror Sweat posted:

literally all his comics are just an excuse to do another wacky farce. the man loves em

and come up with crazy evolutionary explanations for why animals are the way they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
the editor: heh okay maybe just a lil farce here, just a lil ol noises off style farce

Oyvin: crams a nuclear reactor into the farce machine and then runs it up to 700trillion on the scale of 1 to 10

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
pacifist magic is such an awesome plot device

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/307

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh my god this page suuuuuuuuucks

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Okay see I was going to say this is all horseshit because the sceptre was broken, but now I get it. The sceptre being broken is what you always experience when you touch the sceptre as it drops you into death-timeline; we just always saw the end result before because we stayed in reality instead of death-timeline.

I still don't think that's what Oyvind is doing, but it's a pretty cool mechanic.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hahaha holy poo poo the thread got it right

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah I think we're in reality, not a simulation - what the thread got right was that people do use the sceptre to try to tell the future, but I think there's something else that we're not guessing that explains the vanishing stars that just happens to be an event that is going to happen no matter what the sceptre says.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hm that is a good point - the dude who kept killing himself in his simulations could have been killing himself at pre-determined times so that's why the stars always went out on the same date, but this time he's in Lyndon's simulation so the stars have gone out on a different date.

But it'd be a pretty bad predictor of how someone dies if that variable keeps getting tossed into the simulation. It seems like it'd really throw people off and make them act weirdly.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
It is me thorsby. You are all wrong and I hate you all.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think thorsby originally had a plan for why the stars vanished in the simulation but realised it doesn't actually make sense so he's just going with "I don't know why, but the simulation is just imperfect"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
New comic

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/391

simulations do not work in simulations - also it looks like the simulated ambassador isn't afraid to die, he just wants to make sure Lyndon doesn't get any useful information

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

RandomFerret posted:

So she's a pacifist mage too, right? All her spells have been defensive and I don't remember her actually hurting anybody

Yeah after this last strip I think it's definitely confirmed she's a pacifist... though didn't she send a jouster after the crew earlier?

Then again, in the simulation, maybe she's become a pacifist?

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/405

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol Thorsby. Dude almost had me.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I saw the new Rick and Morty, I thought they were readin a little Thorsby, but their death crystals aren't clever enough to create a simulation.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The epilogue has begun!

What a journey it's been!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
A classic Thorsby ending leaving you just missing all of the characters and seeing none of their flaws fixed