Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I live in Paris and you can guess what my wall looks like at the moment.

There is this one image that is making the rounds at the moment, containing a little text that basically says that France incarnates everything religious fundies hate, blablabla, the text is not the point here.

The fun thing is
1) the quote is attributed to the New York Times, a pretty respectable institution
2) gratuitous water mark of... someone ?
3) shared from a page that has nothing to do with either and
4) the little text at the bottom saying that this was published in the NYT before correcting itself to say that it's actually just a comment on an article :v:

And then the bonus, right below that post on my timeline was...

Hmmm, terrible cropping and artifacting, how I've missed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

goose fleet posted:

????????????

Times have been hard on Temmie.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yep. If there's anything that religious fanatics hate, it's bread.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fathis Munk posted:

How are the people of Paris in ANY way responsible for this tragedy? Many French people are outraged by their government allowing the influx of extremists that caused this attack. This is a distasteful and extremely poorly thought out comment on the situation.

Pull your head from your posterior
The people have everything to do with what happened
They allowed these animals into their midst
Now
Grow up
Stop talking
Pay attention
And
Let the adults talk

CommonShore posted:

Right. Tell me, Buzz (Did your ma really name you that, or did you come up with it all by yourself?) How many French people do you know personally that gave their personal seal of approval to allow Islamic immigrants into the country? The U.S. doesn't deny citizenship based on faith. There are Muslims living in this country. Does that make us as individual citizens responsible for the savagery they commit?

Go ahead and gently caress right off. You're probably one of the fascist cunts that makes a point to order "freedom" fries at Mickey Dee's.

When the people fail to control their Government, as INTENDED, yes, it is the people's fault that it has gotten to this point, In Paris, AND HERE. As one single person, I cannot make much difference, however, if I join with thousands of others, my voice will be heard and our actions noticed. We have a nation of people who are either afraid or complacent and so does France. Until the PEOPLE STAND THE gently caress UP and tell their Government that they are DONE, NOTHING will change. NOTHING.

Thinky Whale posted:

Yeah we have so much wonderful diversity, approximately 470 white people have died just this year because of it.

The USA is not only NEXT, we are already INVOLVED. 10,000 of the jihadists are ALREADY in New Orleans as of last week. Hope you have already toured New Orleans because it will be a cesspool in six months, I'm predicting!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pull your head from your posterior
The people have everything to do with what happened
They allowed these animals into their midst
Now
Grow up
Stop talking
Pay attention
And
Let the adults talk

When the people fail to control their Government, as INTENDED, yes, it is the people's fault that it has gotten to this point, In Paris, AND HERE. As one single person, I cannot make much difference, however, if I join with thousands of others, my voice will be heard and our actions noticed. We have a nation of people who are either afraid or complacent and so does France. Until the PEOPLE STAND THE gently caress UP and tell their Government that they are DONE, NOTHING will change. NOTHING.

The USA is not only NEXT, we are already INVOLVED. 10,000 of the jihadists are ALREADY in New Orleans as of last week. Hope you have already toured New Orleans because it will be a cesspool in six months, I'm predicting!

:aaaaa:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

CommonShore posted:

I just read that bo declared December "National Muslim Appreciation Month". Can you think of anything that is more insulting to all other religions that hold December sacred? Yeah, especially Christians. You pos bo, rot in hell.

Traitor. And should be treated as such. Him and his husband "michelle"

There is nothing to "appreciate" with those ANIMALS.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Traitor. And should be treated as such. Him and his husband "michelle"

There is nothing to "appreciate" with those ANIMALS.

:staredog: I -DID- read that

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
You should report Babylon for posting such horrible things

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

10,000 jihadis are in NAWLINS right now planning Katrina 2!

That's just such an oddly specific city. Why not a city on the border? Why not NY, or LA?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Well they know that if they hit Nawlins' the response from the US Gov. will be long!

On second thoughts, why don't they invade Detroit?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

Well they know that if they hit Nawlins' the response from the US Gov. will be long!

On second thoughts, why don't they invade Detroit?

We already have Dearborn, and yes people have already said we should kill all the Muslims there as a precautionary measure.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

change my name posted:

10,000 jihadis are in NAWLINS right now planning Katrina 2!

That's just such an oddly specific city. Why not a city on the border? Why not NY, or LA?

Well, it would probably be easier to get in via the ports, and maybe the ports in New Orleans are even less guarded?

Why am I even bothering with logic?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

They know that if they take out our gumbo reserves, the rest of the US will fold within a month.

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

:rolleyes:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

If we don't force everyone to accept Christianity, actually, quite the contrary considering religion has been taken out of everything - then why are we forcing everyone to accept isIam?

Sorry, not going to happen. You'd just as soon ask me to support satanism. The only difference between the two is that satanists aren't as sadistic.

Put a bullet in my head before i would accept Islam or forced to accept it.

Minchin Dupree posted:

Why do Atheists protest Christianity but not Islam?? Even those who believe in nothing have a double standard it seems.

Because they know Christ is the living God weather they tell you or not. It is a spiritual warfare and Satan will never attack himself per Islam....that and Islam are the same.

I know several and they have candidly admitted to me they go after Christians because they are afraid of what Muslims would do to them.

its easy, aithiest and liberals and homosexuals are bigots... sorry for the label but it's the truth

The video was produced by a faction of Hillary Clinton. I am talking about the kids with the racist profanity vent. This is the registrant and person behind that video per their dot. com.

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Name: luke montgomery
Organization:
Mailing Address: PO Box 10472, Columbus Ohio 43201 United States
Phone: +1.3235225530
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email: politicalsmartass@gmail.com
Admin Contact
Organization:
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Tech Contact
Organization:
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
At this point, lottery of Babylon feels like an important part of this thread and losing him/her would be a terrible blow. :nallears:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Klaus88 posted:

At this point, lottery of Babylon feels like an important part of this thread and losing him/her would be a terrible blow. :nallears:

This is stockholm syndrome, Klaus. There are professionals you can talk to, to help you.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

I've been pretty lucky to have no horrible stuff about the french attacks or muslims on my feed, but has anyone else had a poo poo ton of people saying "Nobody's talking about Lebanon/all these other places that were attacked!"
Is there going to be this flood of "Why do you only care about that thing? What about all these other things?" every time a tragedy happens?

Just let people be sad, guys. Don't try and make a point out of it.

Corley posted:

This dumb poo poo should be illegal to post before December.

From first page but actually yeah, that "holiday tree" is what Christmas looks like for me. Thanks for being southern-hemisphere inclusive, person who made this image! :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mods aren't so sure about keeping this thread around, so if you want it to live you might want to tone it down a little, LoB.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Laverna posted:

I've been pretty lucky to have no horrible stuff about the french attacks or muslims on my feed, but has anyone else had a poo poo ton of people saying "Nobody's talking about Lebanon/all these other places that were attacked!"
Is there going to be this flood of "Why do you only care about that thing? What about all these other things?" every time a tragedy happens?

I already have people asking why Facebook didn't provide profile picture changes when the Malaysian airlines planes went down

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mods aren't so sure about keeping this thread around, so if you want it to live you might want to tone it down a little, LoB.

Oh no, this is my favourite thread! :ohdear:

If it goes I will change my fb picture for it RIP

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

My feed has always been surprisingly ok for having grown up in SC, but this just popped up because a guy I knew in college commented on it. I clicked, because my friends who comment on things tend to be the sensible ones, but nope. He's the comment shown on the screenshot. I didn't even bother looking at the rest.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:cheers:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am posting in this thread to simply get somthing off my chest.

I have a friend that is going full dungeons & dragon lawful neutral on facebook. If it's a law somewhere, no matter the morality of it, he is supporting it, en mass.

:cripes: 30's make some people go gently caress all bonkers.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

meiram posted:

My feed has always been surprisingly ok for having grown up in SC, but this just popped up because a guy I knew in college commented on it. I clicked, because my friends who comment on things tend to be the sensible ones, but nope. He's the comment shown on the screenshot. I didn't even bother looking at the rest.

Just accept that people from South Carolina will find a way to be disappointing, especially when it comes to their opinions. It makes visiting home a little bit easier. :smith: :hf: :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Laverna posted:

This has basically been my whole feed. I made a huge ranting status about it that appears to have gone over well so maybe that will die down. I'll definitely take it over "kill all the Muslims!" though.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Did you know that Japan does not allow the cult of death to be permanent residents, to rent apartments or to even speak arabic?
Only time I might ever say this, but, we need to be more like Japan...

We should do the same.

And everyone there contributes to society.

I know, I know. LoB posts are the literal dregs of Social media. But seriously, this is the most hilarious poo poo I've read about another country ever. And the University of Japan? Like, the equivalent of AIU*? I'm supposed to take that poo poo seriously. Ok, email guy/lady, I believe u.

*Probably not as bad, but apparently "International University of Japan" exists and is a private institution

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:smith:

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Nov 16, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Practical Demon posted:

I think it mostly boils down to the them being white thing.

Everyone knows the Irish are actually moon worshipping pagan bog-monkey men of savage Scythian ancestry who are as uncivilized as wild injuns.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://i.imgur.com/nl7nRMX.jpg

This has been making the rounds on my facebook, though because people i know are going "what the gently caress???" because they have some crazy relative who posted it seriously. Being insanely stubborn is this great American trait it seems, like invading a country and shooting all its people if they look at US soldiers cockeyed in responses to terrorists attacks has worked so well over the last 15 years, it will work again this time!

One of the best was "my gun nut brother who has failed to get into the Army three times because he fails their psychological tests because he literally tells everyone he wants to join up to shoot Muslims because he has the same mentality of the Door Gunner in Full Metal Jacket shared this."

Thing is, if the gun was replaced by a first aid kit or something else that's you know, humanitarian, it would be a fine cartoon, but because its YEA AMERICAN loving GONNA KICK rear end!!!! it feels insensitive. Also paired with a lot of "bet you wished you joined us in invading Iraq now right Frenchies?".

I wish the post was still around because another person had an argument break out between two people one who was all gung ho for more invasions of brown people and the other who went all Alex Jones "This didn't happen, false flag/it happened because the totally not Jew Jew rulers of the world wanted it to happen" and it was hilarious until it straight up turned racist in a scary way.

Re: Social Media is bad art, the dumb thing about those is they are always suggesting "Put down the phone and talk to people!" because that always is a treat. You start talking to a random person on the bus and everyone loves that. I love some guy who carries with him a miasma of weed and booze telling me about his life philosophy, or why music sucks today, or 9/11 truth or a million other topics i'd rather not discuss with total strangers. And you know what, edgy hipster artist who probably lives of their parents, when I'm staring at my phone, i'm talking to people, so i'm not being anti-social, i'm not just being social with random strangers I encounter during the day. Though obviously there are times where looking at your phone is rude, but no more rude than pulling out a book and starting to read it at the table or anything like that.

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!
I don't know if anyone else got this but I'm being flooded with "What about this OTHER tragedy" posts scolding people for being sad over Paris. I noticed that one of my friends posted about the Al Shabab attack on Garissa U. in Kenya...which happened last April. Then when I was browsing BBC I saw that their account of the Kenya attack was something like 3rd on their currently trending articles. Which indicates to me that so many people saw a friend erroneously posting it (You racists only care about attacks on white people etc) then jumped on that bandwagon themselves that they pushed it almost to the top of that list. Not great.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

I'm the subtle outline of the confederate flag, and the comic sans used solely for the source URL

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:yeah:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

VoteTedJameson posted:

I don't know if anyone else got this but I'm being flooded with "What about this OTHER tragedy" posts scolding people for being sad over Paris.

Interestingly I see those reactions even on my mostly French Facebook. Though so far my friends haven't ventured too far into scolding yet.

An image that resumed the whole thing pretty well :

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

VoteTedJameson posted:

I don't know if anyone else got this but I'm being flooded with "What about this OTHER tragedy" posts scolding people for being sad over Paris. I noticed that one of my friends posted about the Al Shabab attack on Garissa U. in Kenya...which happened last April. Then when I was browsing BBC I saw that their account of the Kenya attack was something like 3rd on their currently trending articles. Which indicates to me that so many people saw a friend erroneously posting it (You racists only care about attacks on white people etc) then jumped on that bandwagon themselves that they pushed it almost to the top of that list. Not great.

Yeah, I mentioned this just above.

It's actually gone from a day or two of nothing but those posts to no mention of any of the tragedies, people seem to have completely moved on.
I also didn't see anyone mention any of the other attacks outside of the context of "Why do you care about France more than these?" That kind of made the message seem a bit, I dunno, insincere?

I've actually had someone apologise about posting the Kenya thing, probably after someone told them off for posting old articles to push false social agendas.
I'm sure they just didn't pay attention to the date but surely if you cared that much about something you'd check that.

Fathis Munk posted:

Interestingly I see those reactions even on my mostly French Facebook. Though so far my friends haven't ventured too far into scolding yet.

An image that resumed the whole thing pretty well :

Yup, exactly this.

I am a bit sad that this is going to happen every time anything happens.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Dear nerds, you inability to view anything unless it's through the lens of the media you consume and complete tone-deafness is what makes people want to stuff you into lockers and give you swirlies, you insufferable cunts.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

At least pick a more somber picture to use in tribute man.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why is it that the most vocal racists have the most access to computers and are the most active on social media? My facebook feed has been flooded by morons and I take the time when I see them in real life to tell them what an idiot they sound like. Because apparently Canada is letting an ISIS army cross into our country without background checks or something.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Arcsquad12 posted:

Why is it that the most vocal racists have the most access to computers and are the most active on social media? My facebook feed has been flooded by morons and I take the time when I see them in real life to tell them what an idiot they sound like. Because apparently Canada is letting an ISIS army cross into our country without background checks or something.

A lot of the those racists are "generally nice and pleasant people." They're polite towards the people they meet, who are almost always white, and only show their true colors when there's a safe excuse to do so (i.e. a terrorist attack or a particularly disruptive/distructive protest). If someone does accuse them of racism, there's a good chance they'll counter with a story of that one time they, commendably, treated a relevant minority as a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Rondette posted:

At least pick a more somber picture to use in tribute man.

On that note:

That was his profile picture before the attack, but goddamn, maybe not the best one to show compassion to the victims with.