Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Henchman of Santa posted:

You think that person would listen to Obama?

What? No, it seems like exactly the sort of thing that would piss them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A fun Facebook gimmick would be to respond to any angry right wing post with something along the lines of "what? That's not what Obama said happened" and act totally incredulous that Obama could ever be wrong. You know, like the type of liberals they think exist

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

This is great. :allears:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Postal Parcel posted:

Note: not an IoSM

this dude rules

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

SUCH INSIGHT. NO ONE WHO HAS CHANGED THEIR PROFILE PICTURE HAS THIS OPINION. NO ONE.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Took me a second. Holy poo poo that's amazing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bleughmacaroni posted:

D'aww, I wish there was a thread full of feel good things like this. :3:

I miss Titanic Man. :sigh:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I miss Titanic Man. :sigh:

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Fireman-man ought to have fulfilled his dreams by now, right? Right?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh good. Time to go terrible social media post spelunking

That was fast.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh good. Time to go terrible social media post spelunking

That was fast.

It was both international mens day and international toilet day yesterday (today for slow countries) so that may help explain why it was posted.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Let me ask you this. You are a boat Captain. Your boat holds 50 passengers and you have 45 onboard. You receive a distress call from a boat that has been intentionally sunk by someone onboard. The person responsible is not known. You arrive on scene and find 15 people in the water. As a boat Captain your first responsibility is to protect your boat and your passengers You cannot bring everyone in the water onboard because you will overload the boat. You can bring 5 people but you run the risk of bringing the saboteur onboard, again, endangering your boat and people already on board. You can vet the survivors to try to keep the saboteur from coming onboard but there still is risk. You realize you can provide life saving assistance. You can provide a line and flotation material. Then they can be returned to the point of origin. My point being the US can provide assistance without bringing possible terrorists to the mainland. The optimal goal would be to resolve the issue in their country and re-patriot them to their country. As we have seen in Paris, a very small number of individuals intent on killing can create a lot of damage in a very short period of time. So what do you do??

I think we need to help our own country out first we have many starving kids vets ext. We brought refugees into the state/country before and it's hasn't gone well . these people are walking / riding around in brand new cars cell phones name brAnd clothing I can go on and on. But instead we should be giving that free home that free food free clothing to our vets and use that money that these Somali are wasiting on our homelss and help our own people. This country is crumbling because of our president who clearly don't care about the US but cares more about these people over seas.....sorry for the book just a thought lol.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
I don't recall seeing a whole lot of uproar over the state of homeless vets in America until the discussion turned to Syrian refugees.

just a thought lol.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

BrainMeats posted:

I don't recall seeing a whole lot of uproar over the state of homeless vets in America until the discussion turned to Syrian refugees.

just a thought lol.

I bought a support our troops bumper sticker what do you want from me

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BrainMeats posted:

just a thought lol.

Yeah, I've had variations of this pop up pretty much every day for the past few weeks.

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Nov 19, 2015

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

We brought refugees into the state/country before and it's hasn't gone well . these people are walking / riding around in brand new cars cell phones name brAnd clothing I can go on and on.

How is that not going well? Isn't that the point? :(

Do these people expect the refugees to come to these new countries and live in the same conditions that they left behind?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
They're not supposed to be doing better than me.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Laverna posted:

How is that not going well? Isn't that the point? :(

Do these people expect the refugees to come to these new countries and live in the same conditions that they left behind?

They should live in an arena where they constantly cry great tears of joy and wring their hands and clutch their new bibles and say thank you thank you while we sit on high and wave American flags and throw pennies at them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, I've had variations of this pop up pretty much every day for the past few weeks.

And I'm totally sure that they would agree to raising taxes or relocating military funding to provide free housing and medical care for veterans.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Picnic Princess posted:

And I'm totally sure that they would agree to raising taxes or relocating military funding to provide free housing and medical care for veterans.

The same people who are staunchly right who voted in a Senate that blocked a hefty Veterans bill last year.

But gently caress brown people and gently caress obummber, amirite?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My aunt's FB friends continue to enrage me:

"If the article that I'm basing my entire opinion on lied then that is on them and nothing to do with me!"

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

A friend linked me to this picture her RA shared on FB.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HAHA.

"Write Amen If You Belive That Jesus Is Always On Your Side"

Everyone is replying unironically.

The massive and fast "Amen" replies always amuse me, is like "Gotta write Amen as fast as possible before baby Jesus sees me!!"

Edit: Censored some of the names...

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Nov 20, 2015

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Funktastic posted:

Look out Wonder Woman, he's stronger than heroine. :ohdear:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funktastic posted:

Haha totally thought this was going to be "my parents abused me and this is why I'm now on drugs" story but no they loved being beaten and degraded and want it to happen to more people

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Funktastic posted:

Won't someone think of the poor souls in TYOOL 2015 who need their firewood chopped and clotheslines repaired?

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
Just got my first sighting in the wild of a friend of a friend posting the thing about "Allah, the moon god of Arabia." It feels like a rite of passage.

Though I have to say, I have some friends from when I worked at a tiny private Christian college, and 99% of them have been supportive of the refugees :unsmith:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Thinky Whale posted:

Just got my first sighting in the wild of a friend of a friend posting the thing about "Allah, the moon god of Arabia." It feels like a rite of passage.

Though I have to say, I have some friends from when I worked at a tiny private Christian college, and 99% of them have been supportive of the refugees :unsmith:

Drop "Christmas is a time of year where people set up nativity scenes to celebrate a Middle Eastern family searching for refuge" in there somewhere if you can manage to swing it around to xmaschat.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

Drop "Christmas is a time of year where people set up nativity scenes to celebrate a Middle Eastern family searching for refuge" in there somewhere if you can manage to swing it around to xmaschat.

I just totally nicked that

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Rondette posted:

I just totally nicked that

Good god, I can already hear the impotent screaming of thousands of bigots

"THAT WAS DIFFERENT BECAUSE JESUS WAS WHITE AND NOT AN AL KAYDA ISIS MOOSLIM"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Birb Katter posted:

Please counter with this.

For shits and giggles mis-credit that Obama quote to Ronald Regan.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

The half-joking response I've seen to that is "it seemed to turn out pretty well for everbody in the end in that story".

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Soviet Commubot posted:

The half-joking response I've seen to that is "it seemed to turn out pretty well for everbody in the end in that story".

Kind of funny since a lot of the refugees were also facing literal crucifixion.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Soviet Commubot posted:

Yes it did, someone gave them a place to stay.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would

History is a tough subject.

Both of these are from the same person, they're sort of charming in how weird they are.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pro strat for:
- killing wussy native americans for their land
- killing wussy mexicans for their land

Not so pro strat for:
- income inequality
- racism
- poor mental health care
- pretty much everything

Although I guess would kill more Mexicans and make a Southern United States of Schizophrenia or something. :shrug:

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

When the gently caress has there been a case where Americans had a chance to be refugees? If things were as screwed here as in Syria you can bet there would be plenty of American refugees.

Instead we've just helped create situations where people from other countries wind up as refugees.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Guilty Spork posted:

When the gently caress has there been a case where Americans had a chance to be refugees? If things were as screwed here as in Syria you can bet there would be plenty of American refugees.

Instead we've just helped create situations where people from other countries wind up as refugees.

I guess the South could have refugeed to the North during the Civil War.

Although honestly, Black flight out of the South after the Civil War looked a lot like refugee migration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Except, like, half of the original settlers in the seventeenth century, who were like, loving refugees. So America was founded by refugees.

And the underground railroad, was people refugeeing out of America, to Canada.

And the Mormons repeatedly fled American territories, to Utah and parts of British Columbia.

And I'm pretty sure that quite a few Japanese would have gone refugee from the states in the 1940s if they hadn't been put into prison camps.

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Nov 20, 2015