Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Guilty Spork posted:

When the gently caress has there been a case where Americans had a chance to be refugees? If things were as screwed here as in Syria you can bet there would be plenty of American refugees.

Well I mean you have things like the Northern Railroad, if that counts (it does for my money). I would say fleeing slavery counts as being a refugee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would

"REGUFEES"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Vic Boss posted:

"REGUFEES"

You don't see those any where in the world, but especially not in America.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone I know on FB posted this

http://i.imgur.com/4B93h9s.jpg
Look at the time stamps. 5 months between begging for boobs.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So how long until all the anti-GMO scaremongering about the newly approved GMO salmon?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've already seen stuff about the salmon.

With regards to American refugees, what about all the oppressed Americans supposedly fleeing to Canada after every election? Do they count?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

goose fleet posted:

So how long until all the anti-GMO scaremongering about the newly approved GMO salmon?

You should counter that wild salmon stocks are near extinction levels, so if you want your artisan sushi, you're going to have to go without salmon or accept the GMO.

also

http://i.imgur.com/uMr8izR.jpg

Lets put a literal war criminal in charge of the military! And this is pretty much a recipe for WW3 where the entire world aligns against the US.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

twistedmentat posted:

Lets put a literal war criminal in charge of the military!

HAve we ever not had a war criminal in charge of the military? :confused:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Have we ever not had a war criminal in charge of the country

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiberius Thyben posted:

HAve we ever not had a war criminal in charge of the military? :confused:

Yea, but Allen West was a hands on war criminal. He directly was involved with War Crimes. It would be like Kissinger piloting a b-52 over Cambodia.

The best was the person who shared it had comments like "Yea, Palin's not the best but she's hot!" :suicide:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pussy rear end refugees, why don't they just suplex the terrorists, like I, a real Ametican, would

Every once in a while someone dusts off their gun and takes a crack at fixing America's educational system.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Desk Lamp posted:

Every once in a while someone dusts off their gun and takes a crack at fixing America's educational system.

:eyepop:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Guilty Spork posted:

When the gently caress has there been a case where Americans had a chance to be refugees? If things were as screwed here as in Syria you can bet there would be plenty of American refugees.

Instead we've just helped create situations where people from other countries wind up as refugees.

Please, we've got pussy rear end bitches threatening to piss off to Canada if Obama is elected/if the ACA passes/if homos start gettin' married. We wouldn't last ten minutes under a terrorist regime. We lose our loving minds if they're out of pumpkin spice at Starbucks.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Nice fantasy circus team, dudes gonna win the pool for sure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skaw posted:

Nice fantasy circus team, dudes gonna win the pool for sure.

Who's the AG? I don't recognize him among the other mental patients in the image.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

There are Americans that are medical refugees. People that moved to other countries with real healthcare systems. Since they have a pre-existing condition it's basically impossible for them to get insurance or afford their treatments back home. Returning them to the states would literally be a death sentence.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Dr_Amazing posted:

There are Americans that are medical refugees. People that moved to other countries with real healthcare systems. Since they have a pre-existing condition it's basically impossible for them to get insurance or afford their treatments back home. Returning them to the states would literally be a death sentence.

Pfft they're not real Americans, a REAL American would tough out that "illness", or they'd fix it themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zl6MrAqrs

:911:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Thin Privilege posted:

Pfft they're not real Americans, a REAL American would tough out that "illness", or they'd fix it themselves

with a gun?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

twistedmentat posted:

Who's the AG? I don't recognize him among the other mental patients in the image.

Trey Gowdy, Chariman of the Select Committee on the Benghazi Attacks. I fail to see why having a man who's biggest duty found no evidence being put in one of the highest legal positions in the country would be a bad thing.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

A week or so ago someone on here mentioned International Men's Day and I was hoping some stuff would come up.
But the only thing I've seen relating to it is this http://i.imgur.com/v09FmND.jpg

I guess there's nothing because nobody actually cares about a Men's Day, they just want to complain when there's a Women's Day. :(

at least the comic is pretty cute!
(when I first saw it on facebook all the comments were along the lines of "Ugh, who let the feminists in", but that's the closest I've got to IoSM)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It's almost like every single day of the year is Men's Day

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I don't know about you guys, but if I ever find a red panda in my yard I'm keeping it. :colbert:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

goose fleet posted:

It's almost like every single day of the year is Men's Day

Men's Day is Wednesday.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zl6MrAqrs

:911:

It's like they're proud of not having access to quality health care

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lol that kid doesn't even live in america any more because of how crazy people were about him

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lol that kid doesn't even live in america any more because of how crazy people were about him

Wait another country took him in? And their going to let him, an American child, in to they're schools? Where they're children are? Maybe they should watch the NEWS and they'll see what American children do to schools.......

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
First google result for "bomb alarm clock":
http://www.amazon.com/Novelty-Defusable-Alarm-Clock-Bomb-like/dp/B00C587QUM

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

AtomD posted:

Wait another country took him in? And their going to let him, an American child, in to they're schools? Where they're children are? Maybe they should watch the NEWS and they'll see what American children do to schools.......

Don't worry, he's going to an American university in Qatar. :fsmug:

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh good. Time to go terrible social media post spelunking

That was fast.

I particularly like the fact that one of the characters has a neckbeard.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

It's true, the idea that the future could possibly be worse than the past is exclusively a 21st century idea.

Also, what is that supposed to be? Nuclear wasteland? Because that specific fear has been going on since the cold war.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Actually people in the 90s saw the future like

or maybe

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I have a few friends on Facebook pretty much circle-jerking off to how absolutely amazing Putin is. These are friends who live in Canada and the USA. It's kind of weird to see. They usually post some comment from Obama about compassion or some such bullshit and then one from Putin saying something like if Muslims came to his country they wouldn't be allowed to practice religion or how the proper response to terrorism is to level a country, and my friends would ask why their president can't be more like Putin. It's kind of bizaare to see people idol-worshipping Putin outside of Russia.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Madkal posted:

I have a few friends on Facebook pretty much circle-jerking off to how absolutely amazing Putin is. These are friends who live in Canada and the USA. It's kind of weird to see. They usually post some comment from Obama about compassion or some such bullshit and then one from Putin saying something like if Muslims came to his country they wouldn't be allowed to practice religion or how the proper response to terrorism is to level a country, and my friends would ask why their president can't be more like Putin. It's kind of bizaare to see people idol-worshipping Putin outside of Russia.
For all their screeching of free speech and American exceptionalism, parts of the right wing in this country deep down want America to be a dictatorship so long as said dictator is white enough and Christian. Hence all the Putin love even though he's not a good person at all.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

trapped mouse posted:

It's true, the idea that the future could possibly be worse than the past is exclusively a 21st century idea.

Also, what is that supposed to be? Nuclear wasteland? Because that specific fear has been going on since the cold war.

Ask them if they ever saw Terminator 2, then let them check the release date on IMDB? I thought most apocalyptic B movies were from the early 90s or so starring Christopher Lambert or something.

Anyway, content: guess the comments inbetween:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Madkal posted:

Whatever one wishes to call it - Cultural Marxism, Political Correctness, Neo-Progressivism, Social Justice, feminism - the effect is an entire generation divested of their capacity for independent and rational thinking.

A clearer example of social engineering one will not encounter.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

trapped mouse posted:

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.”
-George Orwell, 1949

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Putin: noted attacker of ISIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

trapped mouse posted:

There's something maybe worth noting about the fact that we don't have a lot of optimistic sci-fi right now that isn't a franchise that's been going since the 70s or earlier, but this is the most hilariously incorrect 90s nostalgia I've ever seen. The 90s were a fairly happy time overall, sure, but sci-fi was where a lot of its bleaker stuff went.