Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

The Saddest Rhino posted:

wow made me think

Someone's watched that one TV face-stealing episode of Doctor Who too many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Eponine posted:

I'm so mad that someone spells their name as Jeph.

My best friend dated Jeph Jacques like a million years ago and says he's a really good dude, just waaaaaaaaaay too beholden to his fans at this point, making QC basically Tumblr: The Comic

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Who is telling these people they need to be PC anyway

Does someone like call them up or do they send a letter via registered mail or is it an online thing like a change.org petition

I can only assume it's a passive-aggressive plea for his long-suffering kids to stop sighing and pinching the bridge of their nose every time Are Hero opens his mouth at Thanksgiving and/or posting "Dad stop being racist" on his facebook posts about Muslims

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No, dad. Stop hitting the Like button on these things. :(

It's almost like racists don't know the difference between countries. Nah. That couldn't be possible. All brown countries are the same and equally Mooslim, right?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

This reminds me of a article i read about people in debt and how they got out of debt. It was about a couple who's combined income was around $175k Canadian a year, she was a dentist and he killed people will bullshit cures (Homeopath) . They were around 300k in debt because they not only owned an home in an upscale Vancouver neighbourhood but also owned a condo in Fort Meyers Florida that they lived in from Jan to March, shutting their businesses down.

Somehow this was an cautionary tale, becuase everyone who's in debt just did dumb things like buy a half million dollar condo when they were still paying off a 2 million dollar house, and removed 3 months worth of income from their budget just so they wouldn't be cold. There was also a story about a guy in Calgary who had an mini rink build into the basement of his mcManson and refused to not use it all year around, causing his power bills to be astronomical. People always act like this is what all the people who are in debt are from. It's not they're in debt from just trying to live, or schooling or anything that's just life. Nope its because they spend their money on expensive luxuries.

I mean, there are people who do, but you know they are far from the representation of the majority of people in debt. It's always their fault, not someone elses! You don't want to be poor? Go get a better job! Don't have the skills to get a better job? Go back to school! and it becomes an endless cycle of blaming people.

Been a while since we drug this out, I think it's about that time.

The pouty faces just made the original that much more insufferable.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Cross-posting from the D&D version of this thread: My friend (who, like much of this thread, has a massive schadenfreude-boner for politics on facebook) posted this from one of those Cop Block pages yesterday.

Apparently copblock pages are to sovcits what the word "gun" in a D&D thread is to LeJackal.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

What's a "dindu athlete"?

"I dindu nothin'". Apparently the new fancy way to avoid saying the N-word while still blowing a dogwhistle so loud you can hear it from space.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Jews are basically religious rules lawyers though, so I imagine they spend more time trying to convince each other and/or God of why X is okay to pray for.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Is there even a single woman in that entire conversation? My eyes started to cross after the 4th image or so. Jesus loving christ. :catstare:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

Definitely Dave Sim (if you want to read his creepy nonsense about women, here you go), maybe the other people as well.

Note: The site I linked above is pro-Sim, commending him on his misogyny, so it's not a "SJW attack."

The constant Capitalization of Specific Words makes the whole thing sound like a profoundly schizophrenic or autistic manifesto. Or an Enhydra lutris post.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Soviet Commubot posted:

This was posted unironically.

The Military.

Five entire women. And at least three of them are certifiably nuts. That's sure...uh...something.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'll fully admit i've said a few of those things but i've never said "yonder" but the part that bugs me about this picture is that it's not consistance which side the "translation" is on!

I'm the misspelling of "y'all"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I confronted a Muslim Christian woman yesterday in Tulsa. I asked her to explain Brussels the Oklahoma City bombing. She said "Nothing to do with me." A mealy mouthed reply.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

Who Knew that inflamed hair follicles are cause by gluten intolerance and not by avoiding the shower for 3 months??

That actually looks like (pretty severe) keratosis pilaris, which is just an ordinary skin disorder which is not in any way caused by gluten. :sigh: Source: my daughter and I both have it.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Decrepus posted:

Have you tried showering? I stumbled upon this sagacious advice in this very thread.

Well drat, I was thinking the buildup of dirt would help it, maybe this "showering" thing is a good idea!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

What he's trying to say is that the wolf is someone who will pretend to be nice and friendly so they can hurt you.

Counterpoint:

:colbert:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

At this point dude needs to seriously just post "I DON'T LIKE BLACK PEOPLE" because that's some serious deliberate misunderstanding of history. :sigh:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

constantIllusion posted:

At least the stolen valor military man in this one is in the Army and not a Marine.

Why do white conservatives consistently pass around false stories where their wives and daughters are raped by blacks, transwomen, and now Syrian refugees? If I were a white woman, I'd be insulted that people were subjugating minorities out of "concern" for my "safety."

My veteran-turned-truck-driver friend (an extremely specific but completely valid demographic who more often than not turn into right-wing shitheads) posted this one and has a tendency to post anything ARE TROOPS without bothering to fact-check or even notice if it's stupid, so there's a couple of us that have started either calling him out or just posting "quit posting this poo poo" every time he does it. To his credit, he's a good dude that will almost always admit he's wrong once presented with actual arguments against whatever kneejerk reactionary poo poo he posted, so really it's more "oh god, what do we have to call Izzy out on today" than "goddammit Izzy get off my facebook feed". Progress!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's similar to the "I hate other girls, I just want to be one of the guys" mentality. It doesn't necessarily mean that, it's just people being people and trying to escape or recover from a lovely friendship or similar at the time. The difference is you don't see women in their 40s+ saying they hate other women generally. I mean I'm sure it exists but not to the same extent

I was one of those "I HATE GIRLS" girls from like 15-25 or so but that was mostly bailing at full speed from an all-girls Catholic school after sophomore year and taking a hard right into "90% of my best friends are guys (and they all want to sleep with me because duh, they're teenagers)" territory. Rebellion against being forced to associate with nothing but girls + being a dumb hormonal Young Person obsessed with sex.

Then I had an actual good relationship and good friendships with some women and calmed the gently caress down and don't bitch about other women anymore because I'm 35 and too old for petty bullshit. Unfortunately I do know quite a few 35+ women who are still in the "other women are catty and petty and stupid" mentality, but they're the minority. It's not that they don't exist, it's that they never grew up and realized that "other women" aren't a hivemind composed of makeup and mall trips.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I skip most of his posts because they're too long to bother reading. :shrug:

Me too, but largely because my eyes start to glaze over about a paragraph in and I need to go have an advil.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Project loving Runway, which is an at least marginally legitimate show if incredibly stupid on a lot of levels, had an entire Mary Kay makeup studio this season. And multi-thousand dollar Mary Kay prizes. And said the name Mary Kay like eighty times an episode. Let's go to the MARY KAY MAKEUP STUDIO, MARY KAY is such a great brand! Someone must have gotten suckered into that poo poo because there's no way Mary Kay offered of their own free will to give up a single penny.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

oldpainless posted:

But then again, she makes 80,000 a year being a Beachbody coach so what do I know.

(minus the 60,000 she spends on "having a full inventory (which she will never sell)", "business expenses", gas, business cards, posters, flyers, banners, bumper stickers, cards, T-shirts, "prizes", seminars, DVDs, meetings, clothing for meetings, daycare during "parties", party supplies, and snickers bars to help her swallow the fact that her life is a lie)

She'll be rich any day now!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

At least she has a good catte. :3:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Tiggum posted:

So, what, you're a normal person? Here's the article.

Christ, I'm so sick of this introvert/extrovert poo poo. The Venn diagram of "people who loudly proclaim/brag about their introversion on the internet" and "people with undiagnosed Asperger's" is basically a single circle.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Asperger's has not actually been a thing for three years now, as of the DSM-V in May '13 :v:

I know. :v: I'm a 'sperg and I just think it's more fun to say, and more evocative of that particular flavor of autism than just saying "mild autism". The 'sperg has a connotation of "relatively normal person who just can't stop loving talking sometimes, probably has a couple of weird obsessions, and has trouble getting jokes" while if you say you're autistic you have to have a whole conversation about exactly how autistic you are with people who don't actually know anything about autism.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I DONT CARE I DONT CARE READ ALL ABOUT HOW I DONT CARE

I've gotten to the point of just replying in image macros/appropriate comics when these come up from the few people on my feed that feel the need to state how much they REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT POKEMON YOU GUYS GOD SHUT UP. It's very internet of me but I just don't feel like wasting words on them.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Blizzard banned a whole lot of Overwatch hackers and boy are they pissed.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

BANS FOR THE BAN GOD
BOTS FOR THE BOT THRONE

20 years since Diablo 1 launched and botter tears have never lost their delicious salty sweetness. :3: The only thing better is Freeper tears and that's only because that's like...real life and not vidya games.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Panfilo posted:

So what causes this? Loneliness?

Loneliness and lack of proper social development as preteens/teenagers (and probably some autism). My brother has...I guess the internet would call it a tulpa, but I've always just said "imaginary friend", that he created out of whole cloth when he was hopelessly lonely and first discovering girls at around 13-14. She served as best friend, imaginary girlfriend and his "purpose" in life when he had none of the above, and for whatever reason, he never grew out of it. He didn't tell me about her until a few years later, and she was so cemented in his mind and his personality at that point that even the thought of getting rid of her made him panic, since he didn't know who to be without her. Largely because of her (and being kind of an enormous nerd in general) he didn't have a real girlfriend until 26, and even at 31 now he's still clinging to the vestiges of her because he doesn't know how else to find meaning in his life. I'm one of two people in the world that know how deep the rabbit hole has gotten with her, most people just think he's dorky as poo poo and draws a lot of pictures of the same girl. I suspect his case isn't unique at all; a lot of these kind of kids end up putting their "tulpa"/ideal woman/imaginary friend on such an enormous pedestal that real life and real relationships fall by the wayside. It's really depressing if you think about it for too long.

e: for reference, he's possibly somewhere on the Asperger's end of the spectrum and a functioning alcoholic but otherwise incredibly smart, has a pretty normal if nerdy circle of friends, and isn't terribly unfortunate-looking, so we're not talking someone with major mental disorders or anything.

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 03:51 on Aug 27, 2016

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Idiots on Social Media: Take your meds and read a book please Tony

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

MizPiz posted:

That tweet is supposed to be a joke, right? I'm almost certain it is, but I've expected less from people and have been let down.

Look into your heart, you know the answer. :allears:

yes, most likely

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I only watched some of the early ones, and although I think they weren't very good, they were miles ahead of anything I've seen a university lecturer do, because university lecturers absolutely suck at presentation. Lectures are the worst. They are boring to sit through no matter how interesting you find the subject, because no one ever teaches lecturers how to effectively present their material.

What does that even mean?

I watched some of her videos back when she was first gaining notoriety and that was my big problem with them. What she says is so basic and uncontroversial that I find her videos completely pointless to watch because I feel like it's someone spending ten minutes trying to convince me that the sky is blue. I loving know, why are you doing this?

If you get nothing from Anita's videos you are probably not the target audience. It's not really preaching to the choir, it's presenting an incredibly simplified version of "hey idk if you knew but the sky is blue" to people that will scream on twitter that the sky is, in fact, red, and anyone trying to tell them otherwise is an islamocommienazi.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

That was my thought too - he's definitely insane enough but I don't remember a drat thing about the Sarah Zero guy's politics or personality since that was like a decade ago.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Somebody stumbled on the loose stair again. There should really be a sign. :smith:

That one actually took me a second before I thought to look at the poster, since it was fairly innocuous to start off. LoB sits happily atop his blood throne. :black101:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Thatim posted:

His last tweet is also that he hopes that everyone at blizzard gets shot.

Gamers.

I can almost guarantee this gentleman got a visit from his friendly neighborhood police department, Blizz does not take threats lightly, even non-credible ones. :allears:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Saw this one with Iron Maiden from a couple of people as well. It's probably one of the less annoying "lol crowd size" memes going around, at least.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

robotsinmyhead posted:

I can only think of one time where someone was really pissed off when The Eagles came on the radio.

Was he a fan of White Russians?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

And now for a bit of simpler, more innocent IOSM:

Both people are white, female and old enough to drink.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

We apologise for the fault in the subtitlesheadline. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitlesheadline.

:golfclap:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm just so tired of all these info wars.

We have always been at war with info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

He reminds me ever so slightly of Mike Sacco/Captain Corduroy and I can't unsee it. :( Sorry Mike.