Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

This one is halfway legit, because only Vegeta can defeat Goku (Vegeta is legit Goku is horseshit fight me nerds)

I think you meant to quote a different tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

Yes. Yes I did. One of the tweets on that page was about Dragon Ball. Or I was in the wrong thread somehow.

It's been a long day.

Yes, one of the other ones was about how Naruto would beat Goku. But not that one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Here's an oldy.
https://twitter.com/fart/status/972237339190747136

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Have some more beautiful content you loving nerds

Same.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's a stan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh. Is that a thing now?

Yeah, it just means extreme fan.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

What do you imagine the tattoo itself cost?

It depends on the size, but almost certainly less than it would cost to remove, given tattoo artists don't need medical degrees or expensive lasers. Also I'm pretty sure every single tattoo that exists takes less time to put on than take off.

Plus if one of his former Nazi friends was a tattoo artist it may have been free or at a significantly reduced price. If he was genuinely peer pressured into it part of the pressure may have been the group saying "look we'll pay for it"

Still wouldn't date the dude.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know this is shooting fish in the barrel, but
https://twitter.com/InnerPartisan/status/972900256437465088

Edit: I didn't notice his own reply to himself in the second picture. Oh wow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ularg posted:

I don't understand how he keeps managing to do this.

He started as a "rational atheist" and for "some reason" the only people who gave a poo poo about what he said were neo-nazis or neo-nazi aligned, and he doesn't want to admit that or confront the possible reasons that neo-nazis like what he says.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I can't stop
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/972812882059636736

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ularg posted:

Yea but Elon Musk wants busses but automated so he can put someone out of their job. This is important to him.

As opposed to Uber, which just want busses that are driven by "independent contractors" instead of unionized employees.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dave Grool posted:

I think the best take on it I read was something like "public transportation but you don't have to see poor people"

Every single tech bro innovation is "I want to live in a vibrant, bustling metropolis without interacting with people outside my immediate social group, especially if they are poor."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sf.eater.com/platform/amp/2017/9/13/16302424/ex-googlers-bodega-startup-replace-corner-stores

All the convenience of a corner store without having to talk to someone who might have English as a second language.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The reasons busses stop running at a certain hour is because you fuckers won't fund public transit. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

I'm Canadian and I know about Wounded Knee, but I have an excuse not to, because it's not my country's history.

But then, Canada isn't always much better at glossing over horrific bits of history. I think I was twenty before I learned about Japanese internment camps.

History shouldn't be a lesson in patriotism and awesome your nation is.

Canada had internment camps too?

My schools were decent about not glossing over America's crimes. Knew about internment, Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee, pox ridden blankets, Emmett Till (I think they showed us the picture of his body when I was like 10).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Also unskilled jobs. And every other category of person.

Plenty of say, truck drivers, have really dumb opinions, but they don't use that as a reason to believe them. They'll say something like "If you watch this guys youtube video you'll see why you don't have to pay income tax," not, "As a truck driver I'm intimately familiar with tax law and maritime flags."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Prism posted:

Yeah, that. Meanwhile, people with jobs that require a lot of education (or who are in education) use it as an example to show how smart they are, as if being a highly educated and talented neurosurgeon made you an expert economist or something.

Don't be silly, being a talented neurosurgeon makes you an expert on urban housing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Did he get that job because he's a doctor, or because he is black? Everyone knows blacks are experts on urban.

I'm almost positive he got the job because Trump promised him a cabinet position first and then when it came time to pick one Trump saw the word urban and said, "yeah, that'll do."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HappyKitty posted:

And hey, let's not forget starlight tours, because the polite Canadian way for police to murder oppressed minorities is not to shoot them (most of the time), but to cart them to the edge of town and let them die from exposure :canada:

I had to look that up, and jesus, where you people fall behind the US in volume of racially motivated police violence, you sure make up in style.

Edit: For content, here's a grammar joke
https://twitter.com/SortaBad/status/968010454738944001

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/RosieMarx/status/973607212936454145

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BLACKMESSlAH/status/973792918757629953

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

What ??? ??

It's a poem about how cyberstalking is actually the truest form of love if you think about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Biplane posted:

He looks like he was repeatedly smashed in the head with a hammer.

https://twitter.com/BLACKMESSlAH/status/973795847296217093

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/973946510306979842

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/973980017481920517

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just love trashing someone for "floppy ankles."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/974033596263686144

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

If it's true that Rowling vetoed Spielberg from directing the Harry Potter films, my opinion of her has just gone up a bit.

Chris Columbus isn't exactly an upgrade.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

Is Don Quixote ever going to get made?

I think I heard they finished shooting it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised to read a news article about how the van carrying all the negatives exploded.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The Venn diagram of people who extol the virtues of Atlas Shrugged and people who have actually read Atlas Shrugged all the way through has to be hilarious to look at.

At least Chris Columbus didn't want to cast Haley Joel Osment as Harry.

He was too old when the first Harry Potter was made, if Spielberg directed it, it wouldn't have been him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

jivjov posted:

My aunt just shared this...time to get into a family argument!

Texting while driving is dangerous, which is why it's against the law in most (all?) states.

Fake Edit: Content:
https://twitter.com/GNCordova/status/974299410581655552

This can't be real, can it? Snapchat didn't actually have a poll about whether or not Rihanna had it coming?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

I'm not surprised that there's iron in cornflakes. This lady is going on like it's a bad thing and that somehow CORNFLAKES are ferromagnetic enough to be attracted to magnets. Iron is an important dietary factor so you don't get anemia.

When I was a kid, showing me how you could use a magnet to move cornflakes around would be a good way to get me to eat them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

Some day, I will have a full set of cast iron pots. In the meantime, my ancient frying pan will have to do.

I recall once meeting an old lady who told me that there was no way she'd buy cast iron anything because iron would get into your food and then you'd get iron poisoning.

Pretty sure she mixed that up with Teflon.

That's hilarious because my mom bought me a cast iron pan because she was worried about my Teflon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

i think scratching increases the toxic fumes

My pans look like poo poo, so that's probably a valid concern then.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Volcott posted:

Hey.

I saw Hotel Rwanda. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Same, but replace Hotel Rwanda with Ace Ventura 2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

I plan on getting black out drunk on Saturday regardless of Saint Patties day.

As a serious drinker I don't drink on St Patrick's, it's loving amateur hour of drinking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Just lol if you're a modern parent without Netflix

I'd just show them those weird Elsa/Spider-Man videos on youtube.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of "drat Millennials" :bahgawd:, my high school friend posted this on Facebook:

https://imgur.com/XhbRk0M

He and I are both in our early 30s. I thought that qualified us as Millennials (not trying to start a derail on that issue), but I guess you don't have to be old in chronological age to be old in spirit.

People who are currently in high-school or younger aren't millenials.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

You posted:

No girls or non-whites present. What a peculiar thing.

Also, since when did we start asking kids how to run a country?

Those kids are obviously horrible, but I'm pretty sure they're the minority of their generation, and honestly given how lovely people over the age of 50 are at running this country I don't think teenagers could do much worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HE DID NOTHING WRONG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/975069042477293569