Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The thing about Canadian politeness is partly true. I've not seen other groups apologize for their foot being stepped on.

I'm sorry that you haven't met the English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

It's possible it was shared as an intent to make fun of men who claim to be abused, but my personal interpretation of it is that the poster of the rant is an idiot on social media for being gross and stigmatizing about BPD, which is definitely not a sudden switch that gets flipped to become an abuser but a trauma-response condition, the most frequent symptom of which is a lack of trust and faith in interpersonal relationships. I guess just imagine it as any other mental illness in that situation. If somebody said their g

I think the way he describes BPD is stigmatizing and unhelpful, but I feel like the general goon opinion is probably more in line with a belief that he is wrong in describing his perceived abuse or that it seems like he is clearly underplaying his role in the situation. It's also possible he's an idiot for giving a great amount of detail about his own life and about the life of another person because he disagrees vaguely with the Huffington Post. I find that idiotic. One day somebody is going to write a publish a memoir and it will start "Three years ago, there was a meme on the front page of Imgur about domestic violence..."

I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact he's Brianna Wu's husband.