Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Somehow that's worse.

Anyway, right now I have some smokers trying to argue with me that discarded butts don't cause fires and it's all a conspiracy. Even after I posted a video of a firefighter starting a grassfire with a cigarette as a public service announcement. I guess BIG FIRE is trying to stifle are freedoms! :downs:

Do they mean unlit cigarette butts? Or...how do they think fire works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Eh! Frank posted:

lyk dis if u cry evrytime

Why are times and words like "tomorrow" and "tonight" underlined?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Chuck and I are in the same boat, then. Also, why would anyone hack his Twitter? That's not very nice.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't know what Effective Altruism is, and I thought I knew how form letters work, but I guess I don't know that either!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I guess I haven't been keeping up with Chuck Woolery since "Love Connection." In the 80s. Apparently he is like this all the time now. Weird. Also, "Love Connection" is back now with the Bravo guy. I think he's Jewish, too. Wonder how Chuck feels about that.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Elizabethan Error posted:

attached a SS in case he deletes it

I am not trying to be rude or anything, but this is funny to me. I appreciate it.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Why did he hire a bartender without seeing if he could make drinks to his specifications first? Or maybe telling him , "This is a gross Manhattan. Here, I'll show you how to make one."

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This one made me think, really. It doesn't really make sense that she would have money to buy a crib but not enough to buy a pregnancy test. They sell those at the dollar store. So I guess it's fake/funny, like that one lady who kept posting about her abortion way back when. But then I was thinking...I bet there is some sort of site or sites like that. "Think you're pregnant? Embarrassed to let anyone know? Our FREE, DISCRETE service requires no tests, no doctor visits, and results will be e-mailed to you within the hour. GUARANTEED."

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

queserasera posted:

Oh drat, I've never wanted a name change before and in 5 pages I get two. Mods, please be kind. The Purring Jew or Sentient Yelp Review. And the one that isn't for me, please bestow on someone deserving.

:catstare: but with a yarmulka

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Who is Mimi?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

What sort of protocol is this?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

What does buttereggs mean?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Very much so. The one Trumpite FB friend I have told me I was "virtue signaling" by saying that the president being nonchalant when talking to the widow of a dead soldier was disrespectful. It's a whole new vocabulary that's been introduced to these dimwits that they use interchangeably to mean "I don't like what you're saying."

I'm still not sure what that means, virtue signaling. Is it when you are pretending to care about about something? What if you actually care about it? "You're just doing doubleplus fake moral semaphore."

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Thank you for all of these explanations, sincerely.
I had a cat came from Louisiana after Katrina, and I called him an evacucat. Was I virtue signaling? Am I doing it now?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This person is a hoot. He starts out saying he's glad his daughter isn't in Girl Scouts, then finishes with "Funny how you only hear about these organizations is when they do something like this. You never hear anything good that they do."

Dog bites man isn't a news story. Man bites dog is. Girl Scouts doing good isn't a news story, either...

Here's the statement from Girl Scouts:
http://www.girlscouts.org/en/raising-girls/happy-and-healthy/happy/what-is-consent.html

Organization hell-bent on destroying the very fabric of America posted:

Give your girl the space to decide when and how she wants to show affection. Of course, many children may naturally want to hug and kiss family members, friends, and neighbors, and that’s lovely—but if your daughter is reticent, don’t force her. Of course, this doesn’t give her license to be rude! There are many other ways to show appreciation, thankfulness, and love that don’t require physical contact. Saying how much she’s missed someone or thank you with a smile, a high-five, or even an air kiss are all ways she can express herself, and it’s important that she knows she gets to choose which feels most comfortable to her.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Thank you for explaining the Veritas thing. Thought it had something to do with the Verrit Twitter thing. Maybe it does? :tinfoil:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't know much about Twitter, but can't you make an account and pretend to be anyone you want?
Maybe some of these people just do that to rile other people up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Kevin DuBrow posted:

https://www.facebook.com/TheAmericanChristGeorgeWashington/

The person running this page literally worships the founding fathers as divine figures. Divided on whether it’s an art piece.

I didn't learn until well out of school about the mural in the Capitol building.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apotheosis_of_Washington

Someone was telling me lots of people once viewed Washington as a divine figure, and I was like, "Whaaat?"

Wikipedia posted:

The Apotheosis of Washington depicts George Washington sitting amongst the heavens in an exalted manner, or in literal terms, ascending and becoming a god (apotheosis). Washington, the first U.S. president and commander-in-chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War, is allegorically represented, surrounded by figures from classical mythology. Washington is draped in purple, a royal color, with a rainbow arch at his feet, flanked by the goddess Victoria (draped in green, using a horn) to his left and the Goddess of Liberty to his right. Liberty wears a red Phrygian cap, symbolizing emancipation, from a Roman tradition where sons leaving the home and/or slaves being emancipated would be given a red cap. She holds a fasces in her right hand and an open book in the other.

I remembered thinking that was pretty crazy, but also that I could see people deifying the founder of the country, but also thinking it was a bit weird to put in a government building. I don't know. There's probably stuff like this all over, right?

This guy should sell some denture key chains, too, if he doesn't already.