Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Terrorist attacks are triggering, I don't like knowing the world has lovely people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Exclusive Facebook groups of people who think they're super enlightened make for the best fodder.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

Your Facebook friends don't have to have all of the dumb posting on your feed, Facebook wants in on the action!

Related!

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I don't know why, but this stuck out to me as the most idiotic thing in the Twitter Nice feed.

vvvv Edit: I guess that, and coupled with the fact that Disneyland Paris is nowhere near Nice, and he was there 20 years ago.

Megera has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jul 15, 2016

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Rolo posted:

Is there a video?

Because holy poo poo.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e9z0e...k_092016_tds_81

It's all gold

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

He wasn't there.

One of the things for the North Dakota check-ins is to write "Stay safe" so that the police are confused as to whether they're really there or not.

So it's stupid, but not in the way that you think.

Megera has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Nov 2, 2016

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

The federal cost of security for one DAY at Trump Tower is the same as the yearly presidential salary.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Let's also say that tax brackets don't work like this image thinks it does.

Edit: they don't even use 23% tax for the first equation, they use 19%

Megera has a new favorite as of 01:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Nigel Tufnel posted:

About half of all the reviews on Amazon are like this. Why? Do you get fake internet points for saying 'I don't know'? Who has the time to answer questions that they don't know the answer to?!

I've started ignoring ratings for the most part because of idiots saying "Great product, and cheap! No complaints." Then they give it 3 or fewer stars.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Aramek posted:

Well, wizards usually are.

There was that tournament in the fourth movie where the competitors' loved ones were held underwater while unconscious as a goal for the competitors, and when Harry rescues the blue girl's sister because she couldn't finish, the blue girl thanks him profusely for saving her, meaning that no one bothered to use their magic to make sure they'd be OK. Wizards put four people's lives needlessly at risk because they're huge assholes.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
My parents are Republican and my sister-in-law's parents are too. They all voted for Trump but got into an argument about politics (I wish I knew what specifically) and they haven't spoken since December. :shrug:

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I’m FB friends with a high school friend’s mom who went through a divorce and is very religious and posts inspirational Jesus stuff and Minions memes a lot. She recently posted photos of herself having lost over 200 lbs and looking much happier since I saw her 10 years ago, and the joy I felt was worth the stupid memes. :unsmith:

For content:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616

Megera has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Nov 17, 2017

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I think that the point they want to make is that nonconsentual sexual contact is good for women and it helps them.

I'm friends with the artist, and someone asked him if the joke is how the Prince shouldn't have been considerate

He responded: "I intended the joke to examine how dark/creepy the premise of a celebrated children's fairy tale is."

Womp womp

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Guess the snowflake whose Twitter posts have been made private :allears:

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

robotsinmyhead posted:

Right outta the Fascism playbook isn't it? "There's no way these people could have a legitimate concern, so instead of arguing against them, let's just assume their not rational actors."

Saves a lot of time, mental energy, and it's not really possible to PROVE you're not getting paid by George Soros. They have nothing to lose here.

I had dinner with my mom after months of shunning her for being OK with child jails for brown kids. At the end, I asked if she was still on the Trump train, and she said "I don't see why I'd get off, my stocks have only gone up!" Also stuff about how only Dems bring up anything racial, etc. So when we parted, I refused to hug her goodbye 'cause it'd feel gross pretending everything is OK and she said "You're trying to force me to think like you, you're the real fascist." I'm surprised neither she nor my dad have invoked Soros's name yet.

Sorry to vent, I'm still despairing. :smith:

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Tetracube posted:

here's all the "leftist" "violence" in pastebin form if you don't want to read through a loving 700 tweet thread but still want to pick out your favorites

https://pastebin.com/nXyuNnLC

Are any ACTUALLY violence besides Scalise getting his balls shot off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

literally dying to say the n-word