Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mans posted:

it's kind of funny just how many people think bob dylan is dead.

i wonder if sometimes bob dylan wakes up, looks himself in the mirror and gets shocked that he's still alive.

I would be less surprised if he wasn't still putting albums out with some regularity. Like when an old musician or actor retires I get it (I assumed Sidney Poitier was dead for years) but don't people think they might have heard about Dylan dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

speaking of "MILLENNIALS!!!" a friend just linked me to the most amazing/tryhard article about how terrible this generation is http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#Ip29IWACltoXGkBz.99

the writer is also a TERF

I keep getting Rolling Stone in my feed as a sponsored page and for some reason it's the link is always to a two-year-old slideshow article of things millennials supposedly have never heard of. The image is usually either the show "Dinosaurs," which is from the 90s, or a goddamned floppy disk, which I was using in middle school all the way back in 2005.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The ignorance displayed here, just in the basic understanding of constitutional rights, is beyond reproach. The sheer stupidity and narrow minded approach of ridiculing and spreading discourse for people standing up for our rights is….do you realize the idiotic remarks and hateful comments ARE one of your constitutional rights you are using to voice that opinion…they are defending that as well…for you. That way, when you post these ignorant statements, your front door isn’t being kicked in, your dog being shot, and thrown into jail or the legal system making life extremely unpleasant….just for speaking your opinion.
Besides, based purely on the volcabulary and types of ignorance displayed…no one shaves or has hair on their balls yet. Just full of piss and vinegar.
Maybe you all should go hang out in a gun free zone for awhile and let us know how that works out for ya…

Do these people not work in gun free zones ever?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you ever pointed out how other countries speak English to these people, they'd just move the goalposts 180 degrees and say "if those other people can learn English, why don't Mexicans?!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is it Casey Anthony?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A girl I vaguely know made her tinder profile an obvious elaborate joke about being an Amish girl married to the church and it wound up on BroBible because people thought she was serious.
http://brobible.com/life/article/hot-amish-girl-joins-tinder-bio/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why is including a screenshot of a famous person's tweet and a hash tag supposed to signify that it's not trendy?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bleughmacaroni posted:

iPhone Conservative? I don't get the naming of this page.

Also what's with the
this is ____
____ is smart
be like _____ meme?

It's just popped up over the last few days for me and I don't get it :(

I don't know but I hid posts from that app and improved my day immensely.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/sultkin/status/691461040421343232

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Christo posted:

Do flat-earthers ever explain what the end game to all this supposed conspiracy is? Who's profiting from the round earth lie? Is it a just so a bunch of eggheads at NASA can laugh at the ignorant masses?

I've been trying to figure this out as well, but I'm more concerned how they handwave people flying west from the United States to Asia.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Are other message boards fair game to post here or is that considered bringing forums drama to SA?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is my punishment for continuing to post on GameFAQs (I only use their music boards, I swear!). This happened in a thread about B.o.B's flat earth+Holocaust denial song.

This is my first time taking screenshots and using imgur on an iPad so I apologize if anything is messed up. I believe the third and fourth images got switched.
http://imgur.com/a/Tz1Hu

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Worst Muslim posted:

In my community, people who don't hit their kids often end up with children who go "gently caress OFF DEBBIE IM 14 NOW I DON'T HAVE TO loving LISTEN TO YOU"

You mean normal teenagers?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Corley posted:

I'm a sophisticated special snowflake because I only like conventionally attractive women when they are in popular nerd poo poo.

No see Scarlett Johansson is just a nerd crush and totally not widely considered one of the most beautiful women alive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'll take smug liberals over hateful conservatives any day but there's one guy in my feed who does nothing but post articles from Salon/Huffington Post/The Raw Story/Daily Kos with comments like "#NuffSed," "No. poo poo." and "1000. Words." (if it's an image). If it's negative about Michigan in any way (since he grew up there) he writes "#PureMichigan" and if it involves Chicago gun violence (he lives in the suburbs) he writes "Thank you #RahmVoters!" Rarely does he actually provide any commentary beyond that or a quote from the article (in which case he says #BestBits). It is the most insufferable kind of posting in the world.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Hey Facebook, I need some advice. As you know, I live in an anarchist household, and so we do not call the police or believe in snitching at all (so don't recommend that we do). However, our downstairs neighbors are pretty obviously and clearly partaking in a lot of meth on the daily.

I don't care about this, it's their life and they're not cooking it or selling it so whatever, but recently they've started smoking a lot more and the smell is wafting into our apartment. I'm crazy sensitive to stuff like that and last night the smell was so intense that I got a huge migraine and couldn't sleep for hours. I can't deal with this being a regular thing, especially not now that school is starting.

What should we do if we don't snitch, can't talk to them (they are literally always high and they don't know that we don't snitch so I'm worried they would think we were threatening them), and have zero options?

This makes me think of that Onion article, Libertarian Reluctantly Calls Fire Department

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

Holy poo poo! When will you guys hurry up and pick someone? It's been like a year and you still haven't even gotten through the pre-election bullshit. When do actually know who's president?

One of the parties still hasn't even narrowed it down from like 12.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I didn't read the article but just gander at this sentence

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I really just know his Freaks and Geeks character.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh Hell No posted:

So I spotted this bit of crazy on one of those Facebook side bar news things (something about Mary Lou Lord bashing Courtney Love), and decided to look down the rabbit hole.

edit: She also claims to be Kathleen Hanna's cousin and that she was married to Joan Jett in the '90s. I'm almost jealous of her delusions.

Idiots on Social Media: Psychotic Kurt Cobain stalked me for the family oil fortunes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kiebland posted:

I honestly kind of feel bad for this person, but at the same time, this is a really weird hill to die on.

Mitch Albom is really melting down here, huh?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Switzerland posted:

meta-question: What's the app/extension/whatever that ppl are using to highlight individual usernames likesuchas in

?

Social Fixer

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

I tries turning my laptop upside down but I still couldn't read it. :iiam:

It's also backwards

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This person just followed me on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/tiffxiix/status/694579383386796032

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

I hate to break it to you, but that's a meme, so probably not written that way without some self-awareness.

If you read her profile (all 17 tweets of it), she doesn't seem like the memeing type.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Soviet Commubot posted:

I don't know how to embed tweets but he's really mad at Jewish people too.

You just copy and paste the url

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kiebland posted:

Pointing out the unoriginal joke every non-sports fan makes during the Super Bowl? A full-throttle attack on people alienated by sports.

I was blessed by a lack of sportsball and Superb Owl jokes this year, and I like to think it's because people like this are doing the lord's work.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

cash crab posted:

I need to be routinely reminded what a Grey Cup* is and can't remember if the Blue Jays are a hockey or a baseball team but that doesn't really impact my day-to-day. It's hardly alienating. On the other hand, I remember talking to my brother a while back and he lives in a super small town. He told me that some guys at work were talking about sports and one of his coworkers very sincerely called him a "loving human being" after my brother said he was more interested in Star Wars than professional sports, so maybe it's dependent on how aggressive other people are about knowing those sorts of things.

*: Is that what they win if they win the Superbowl? If I am right, I will be very proud of my own cultural literacy!

The Grey Cup is the Canadian Football League equivalent of the Super Bowl.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I thought the Stanley Cup was Canada's Super Bowl.

I'm terms of importance, maybe. There are also far more American teams in the NHL than Canadian ones. Canada hasn't brought home a cup in like 30 years.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I imagine they called him that less because he wasn't interested in sports and more because he specifically mentioned being more interested in Star Wars. Like, even if someone is more interested in Star Wars than sports, why in the world would you inform random people of that fact? Normal people would just say "nah I'm not that into football/sports."

That's still a really dumb reason to call someone a human being.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I always confuse people at work when sports comes up, tbh. I sit and listen intently like I know what they are saying(I actually have a fair amount of knowledge, growing up with 2 football player stepbrothers) but when anything is directed at me I give a response along the lines 'I dunno about sportsball!'

Calling hockey sportsball drives hockey fans even more nuts than it does football players, as a side note.

It's you, you're the idiot in social media life

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Here are some comments on an NPR article about the Somali suicide bomber that managed to get only himself killed aboard an airplane.

Wasn't that on a Somali plane?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

J Miracle posted:

Just only follow the Lions so whenever football comes up you can just say "Lions fan" and mime shooting yourself in the head with a handgun. This will never not be the appropriate response.

EDIT: In fact you don't actually even need to follow them just pretend that you do and do that you will be correct 100% of the time.

Lifelong Lions fan here, can confirm

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some more poo poo from other message boards. IMDb really deserves its own mock thread. This guy started private messaging me because I made fun of what turned out to be a tongue-in-cheek rant about Kanye West or something.

I just responded "Sane." Then I get this:

I ignore him for 8 days.

I said sorry, but I'm not interested in having a conversation with him.

I said that he came on way too strong, I have no idea who he is, and that he was trying way too hard to be interesting.

then two days later...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
to be fair I didn't think anyone outside of America liked Bruce Springsteen. But also Scarf is American, and therefore incorrect about him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Here's the thing about both of them... They wrote great songs, but holy poo poo do I hate to hear them perform them.

Other people perform their songs so much better than they do.

See also, Neil Young.

I'm regretting rooting for Clemson over Bama now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

budgieinspector posted:

Some people really have a bug up their asses about Beyonce:

Did they want Beyonce to also sing the anthem? I'm so confused

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bomani's mentions could be an IOSM thread of its own.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

And now, in the interests of Equal Time For Other Whackjobs...

Took me awhile to figure out the problem and then hoooooo boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone else sick to death of "Bernie Sanders' Dank Meme Stash"? I was able to hide shares from it, but not people liking it.

I like Bernie Sanders. I do not like peoples' political opinions being boiled down to meme form.