Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

theironjef posted:

I just finished a dismal two weeks as a BevMo assistant manager, and while they aren't very good at enforcing it, the chain's rule is "Card everyone, every time, no matter what they buy."

Since they're technically liquor stores they have to card kids buying anything since kids technically can't be in there without an adult (so we turned away kids buying energy drinks and root beer), and the cashiers will get in trouble if they use the "just punch in some year when the person is obvious" register option instead of the "scan the ID" one too many times in a week.

I was surprised when Total Wine carded my wife, even though I was the one carrying and paying for the liquor. I guess it's to help keep people from buying for minors but it seemed sort of silly that anyone even near the register had to be over 21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Isn't the whole point of IQ that it's supposed to average at 100? Like, the number isn't a representation of how many "smart points" you earned, it's where you fall on the curve of everyone in a population. How would the average be 98?

Am I thinking too much about this? I am the IoSM.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Scathach posted:

Anyway, content! A new Facebook thing making the rounds.

I asked the same thing when I was a kid. Only my parents knew I was talking about the weird, glow thing behind Jesus' head in all the pictures and didn't think I was seeing actual angelic glow amongst the parishioners.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
When my wife worked at a bank, a homeless man came in and told the teller "I'm robbing you, call the police". Guy had no weapons and just wanted to get off the street any way he could. An armed guard with a twitchy finger might have just shot the guy just in case, so even the most non-violent of robberies could end badly.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mince Pieface posted:

Who Knew that inflamed hair follicles are cause by gluten intolerance and not by avoiding the shower for 3 months??

My chicken skin is sadly genetic (though not as bad as that picture), and this article was brought to my attention. "You might be gluten intolerant!" Or I might just have a more common, minor skin condition, since I don't show any other symptoms. But yes, expect stuff like this to increase self-diagnosed gluten intolerance.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I didn't know Sean Connery had a social media account.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Laurenz posted:

a lot of people have a hard-on for WW2 for some reason.

It's the last time there was a war of that style with a clear enemy no one has much contention about. So basically it's an easy war to go with because it was super clear who the "bad guys" were and what would happen if they weren't stopped. You can't do that with any recent military actions because the political issues get a lot messier.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What are you willing to bet the father would identify as a 90's kid?

:( I already know that one Dad. You make me watch that instead of my cartoons.

:argh: 90s cartoons are so much better, that's why.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Exactly how would this work out legally?

As stated, the server won't claim the income because no one claims all their tips. And in the unlikely event a waiter/waitress is audited to the extent that the IRS is requesting bank statements (which would be a complete waste of time because it'll cost the government more in employee salaries to audit and process than would be collected in unpaid tax unless the "gift" was like $10,000) and assuming the person actually deposited the money, the conversation would go as follows:

"What is this deposit?"
"Oh, that's not taxable. It was a gift."
"We'll need contact information, a gift letter, and possibly verification of the funds."
"I have a card the guy left with the check."
"Oh it was from someone you waited on. Good luck proving that it wasn't a tip."

Seriously, there's a million ways the IRS would not give a poo poo before this guy's "taxation is theft" dogma would come into play.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
My dad isn't a reader, but my mom got him to read Harry Potter for the first movie by having him read it exclusively on the toilet.

He now refers to it as "Harry Potty" because that is the most dad thing ever.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
9/11 terrorists killed thousands of people without any guns, just planes. Now if everyone on that plane had their own plane this wouldn't have happened.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

The mysterious handled bag, quite literally one of the earliest pieces of material culture, likely predating our own drat species of Homo, is evidence that all cultures shared contact with ancient guiding beings.

The proof has been staring us in the face all along. UFO = Up to Forty % Off. Even the aliens were in the pocket of Big Corporate.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Arya stopped going to school when she was 8 years old I doubt she's even literate right now. She's just a sociopath that enjoys stabbing old men.

Don't kinkshame.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Be careful, this is a vampire trick. Always be skeptical of strange gods at your doorstep.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

9gag continues on with the war against anything that challenges the status quo of the 90's.

If someone is giving you money based on the number of genders, why wouldn't you happily agree to a hundred more for free cash?

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Forgive my Canadian ignorance but... isn't there already a wall? This is something I was confused about from the beginning.

Certain parts of the border have a smaller wall, mostly when on a major road crossing the border so that anyone entering or leaving that way has to go through some sort of checkpoint. Large stretches of land in the middle of nowhere do not because who the gently caress is going to build a wall and then patrol it hundreds of miles from anyone else.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I want to thank this thread for doing a civic duty. I was at Kohl's this morning and someone had put an index card into a Christmas mug with "#PIZZAGATE" written on it. Thanks to seeing that idiocy in here I was able to keep that mess out of my search history. Don't know what they hoped to accomplish leaving that at a Kohl's of all places.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

My grandpa served in WW2 in the Navy. He maintained the ship's library and never saw any action. I wish I got paid to read books on a boat :(

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Or there's the always entertaining:

"Why won't ladies like what I like?"
"I like that stuff."
"You're lying!"

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

yelp reviewers are the most passive aggressive "Im going to speak to your manager" bitches ever.

No. Some of us do things like review a local pool hall with just the text of “Ya Got Trouble” and no other criticism. It’s still being an idiot on social media, just a different kind of idiot.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Did they have a stroke? Did I have a stroke? :psyduck:

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Little do they know all NFL players are currently looping the nathional anthem in their homes whilst kneeling. It’s the only thing that brings them joy anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I’ll be honest, I used to use the FBI fitness exam as a sort of benchmark when I was trying to get back into shape, just so I had a defined goal in mind.

Don’t really need an app though, it’s not very complicated.