Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Minchin Dupree posted:

:downs: "A tragedy?! Oh boy, time to blame MOSLEMS."

Of course. And while we are at it, let's kick out all those loving Irish Catholics.

Is everyone in the UK conveniently forgetting the decades of being terrified of going into major towns and city centres, constantly thinking the IRA would blow us all to kingdom come?

That might have just been me and almost everyone in our town though, after it got bombed by the IRA.

Nobody even suggested for a moment that we get rid of every Irish immigrant, because that would have been ridiculous. At least, I don't THINK anybody did.

*is one generation removed from an Irish catholic immigrant, like probably a large bulk of the UK born within 15 miles of a major port*

Note that I'm aware that you couldn't get rid of IRA terrorism via this method, as actual British citizens were causing this. However, given the mentality of "kick em all out", types, I doubt they would have considered that. I think it's more likely that the IRA terrorism was blamed on the IRA and not Irish Catholics as a whole because they are white, all speak English and their religion is so similar to ours that it would have been harder to attribute stupid poo poo to it.

Sing like a girl has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Cat people.

Original question was posted in response to a video made by somebody in Europe, of a cat sitting amongst pouches of cat food. In Europe, you can buy cat food in pouches. In the USA, you can not.

"Wth kind of cat food is that? Lol."

Queue this massive 100+ post argument on the merits of high quality cat food vs the actual cat food in the video.(European equivalent of Whiskas.) Mudslinging about people who strip for a living is included.

Can't comment on the age of people responding, but it costs $1200+ to buy a Sphynx cat so presumably they aren't children. Which simply boggles my mind.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

You most certainly can buy cat food in pouches in the US.

Never seen them in Florida where I live, not in supermarkets or petsmart anyway but in Europe they are in every supermarket, pet store, small grocery etc. As common as the cans.

I just figured this is why the original commenter was asking "wth cat food is that" - it doesn't actually matter what the reasoning was though. The poo poo slinging over pet food, the profile stalking and deciding that somebody is a stripper and then calling them a slut for it - over a loving argument over pet food brands is the reason I found this exchange pretty unfathomable.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Where in Florida, because I see it in the pet stores here. Its a luxury item, so its not everywhere, and usually isn't in with the cheap rear end friskies, but it can be had.

My wife buys them for our cats :qq:

West Palm Beach.

This is the common single serve cat food available across Europe, every brand has a pouch serving variant. This is a cheap American brand sold in individual meal pouches:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whiskas-Po...skas+individual

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

I'm well acquainted with that "six month visa." It'll be the same family visit visa I got for my husband so he could come and stay with me while I went through the US visa process. He could have come on the visa waiver program, but we did the family visit visa to ensure he'd be let into the country, after having been put through the wringer on a previous visit.

So why do the family visit visa and not do the full spousal visa, if he's not planning on emigrating to Thailand?

My guess is this guy isn't making enough to qualify for the spousal visa. You (the British citizen) have to be making £18.6K salary a year to qualify. It's been cited as a human rights violation given that over half the residents of the North can't pull off such a salary, and keeps being pulled up in the high court, then being once again approved. I'm guessing he has no beef with it, being against all immigration, but you can't keep bringing your spouse into the country for a six month stay then redoing it. They are going to say "no," at some point, and that's the point you should suddenly be lobbying for easier immigration.

I don't qualify, incidentally because of being self employed. America is enjoying my taxes instead I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Still inaccurate. This whole debacle has less to do with Jesus and more to do with the delusional paranoia of bogans thinking multiculturalism destroying the fabric of the country.

"Daaaaaad, where's the easter eggs?"

"We're not buying them because loving Muslims are whinging about the word Easter and trying to take it away from us and unAustralian cunts like Woolies and Cadburys are bowing down to them because they're loving pussies and the loving jobless Greenie cunts hate this country and want Sharia Law."

And there was me thinking that the actual reason "Easter" was removed from the packaging loving decades ago was because the religious types were mad about the commercialization of religious holidays.