Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr Christmas posted:

Exodus describes the Hebrew slaves making bricks, and people just assume it was the pyramids or some other huge monument. The pyramids were made of limestone, while the bricks the Hebrews made were fired clay bricks used for more mundane buildings.

And outside of the Bible and the Torah, there is zero actual evidence of Hewbrew slaves in Egypt.

Looks like someone forgot Minions were the cartoon of choice to voice bigoted opinions now. When confronted on what exactly "catering" means, the poster will respond with "Well, there are halal butchers around! Foot washing sinks! Sharia law! Obama! Ground Zero Mosque!" and other talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Busket Posket posted:

Must... shoehorn... Prince's death... into... every... political... issue...

I can only image people who post poo poo like this, and all the Crowders and other shithead pundits crowing about this endlessly go into public washrooms and stare at everyone while they piss or take a poo poo, and they assume that's how everyone acts so they don't want trans people doing it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yes, because people you don't like should die. Does anyone who post these ever think about what it is they're posting? Of course not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jollity Farm posted:

Obviously, since eagles don't have penises, they can go in the ladies' room all they please.

Bald Eagles actually have giant swinging dicks. Which is why they're endangered, they cannot fly with those mandingos swinging free.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

These kinds of things are posted by people who say "I'm not racist, I just hate people...and let me tell you about black people..."

I really cannot wait until some gun nut shoots a mannish woman thinking it was a transgendered person, and the worst part, they'll be a hero and get off.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Apr 27, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Probably better in the Dark Englightment thread, but a friend of a friend had the nerve to criticize VoxDay and was also guilty of being a woman with an opinion.

https://storify.com/NatalieZed/one-vox-day

I like this guy
https://twitter.com/PrisonerNo24601/status/731630581860028416?ref_src=twsrc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nuebot posted:

I love when they rant about things like video games and comics being "ruined" by women too. Because you know, it's not like some of the best comics have been written or drawn by women, or that women have worked in game development for as long as anyone else. Or that women have been consuming these things as long as they have inoffensively. Suddenly it's ruined because people are starting to get tired of all the lovely nerds online making lame rape jokes and being complete creeps. :shrug:

Things have gone from 100% for them, to 99% for them, and the loss of that has just incensed them. Women are there to produce content in silence and out of the way. the instantly they started to actually become visible they took it on an assault on the very fabric of the things they like. Like how has comics, video games, tabletop or ccgs been destroyed by women enjoying then and being involved with their creation or just enjoying them.

Though I honestly would love them to just once point out something that has been taken away from them because of women. Slightly changing Tracers pose in Overwatch does not count.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
drat, the post got deleted before I could screen cap it.

Anyways, some MRA shithead was complaining about Scarlet Witch not having her original costume in the movies because "Marvel is just making these to appeal to SJW nitwits" and when people were mocking him and yelling at him he is all "See, you're all angry at my truth bomb, so therefor my opinion is the right one". Because when someone is angry they're automatically wrong, and smug and calm means you automatically win.

I see that a lot really, people saying horrible bigoted poo poo acting like they are operating from calm logic and intelligence, while the emotional animals are just frothing at the mouth, but you see my ironclad logic of "most people in jail are black, so therefor blacks are more prone to be criminals" must be true. Oh look there you are yelling racist at me, but who's using facts here? "tips fedora, swirls untouched cheap bourbon in a glass and chomps on unlit cigar/vape rig that looks like a sonic screwdriver"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VoidBurger posted:

I simultaneously love and hate that kind of "arguing."

Yep, that exact cartoon was my response to his post. I love it too, because it's so loving perfect for these guys. "i'm logical like a Vulcan or Sheldon, so therefor I'm correct" is exactly what they want to be seen as.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even if you have a billion dollars because you created a game that is beloved by millions, you cannot escape being an idiot on social media.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Regalingualius posted:

Basically, he sold out Minecraft to Microsoft without letting anyone else on the dev team in on the wealth (or even guaranteeing that they'd still have a job)... And it turns out he's been miserable with his wealth ever since.

He literally is afraid to be around people in case someone tries to take advantage of him. Jesus christ dude, you could be the patron saint of kickstarter or something else that would benefit your community, but nope, gonna be afraid of people.

From what I've read about the rest of the devs, Microsoft has treated them a million times better than Notch ever did.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you're worried about being labeled a creep when you talk to women, you probably are a creep.

I love this list. this says "I was in high school in the late 90s/early 2000s, and therefor everything I liked then is the best'. It's also a list of the games that every annoying nerd loves, which makes sense because most annoying nerds are about that age.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BigglesSWE posted:

There 's no Total Annihilation on that list. Not a true gamer.

Or civilization, or any GTAs, or Day of the Tentacle, or a zillion other games. The instant you start insisting only X is a real thing, then you reveal yourself to be a fanatic.

I like how none of those women actually have any power but opinions, but we must rape and murder them because they say "maybe video games should be inclusive..." and "hey rape isn't funny".

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 03:11 on May 23, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I completely missed this but normally these articles tend to be "He never ate GMOs or got vaccinated, so therefor we all should do that!"

Byzantine posted:

2006 is such a weird cutoff point. Did something happen then?

A sonic game was released that was so bad even the sonic fetishists had to admit it was bad. (Sonic has never been good)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Googling shows http://sheekyforums.com/ which looks less like an actual site than the kind you put up with your domain squating.

Also it seems like it had something to do with memes and 4chan.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I should start a online university called University of Japan that gives degrees in poo poo anime nerds are into. Also Japan is a pretty loving racist country.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's not saying NWA talk about the new world order. He's praising Immortal Technique, who totally buys all that poo poo and also sucks.

Immortal Technique is the Queen of hip hop/Rap, nerds trot it out to show how meaningful and deep it is, but then doesn't get the money and respect Lil Wayne or Kanye gets.

CommonShore posted:

CBC had a report on the elbow thing and it found that more or less the only people who give a poo poo about it are pearl-clutching conservatives who already hate Trudeau.

Nothing quite as eye-roll inducing though as the person who goes :byodood: "Your story is taking up precious space on the internet" ("ok.")

Yea, it's pretty funny how lovely right wingers in this country are because they want to be the Republicans, so they use the same kind of techniques, but without a massive RWM industry to back them up, they just end up looking goofy. They also complained that Trudeau didn't go to the Fort Mac early enough, because going there when it was at its worst would have not caused any issues with the people trying to fight the fires. They cannot accept that a completely humorless, empty shell of a human being was defeated by someone people genuinely like.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I keep one of those big Marvel Essential volumes next to the toilet.

TotalLossBrain posted:

What the gently caress is everyone doing staring everyone else in the bathroom up and down?

Get in, take a piss, get out. It isn't a social hub, unless you're (R) in the House I guess.

The idea is that a pervert can go into a bathroom, molest their daughters, then come out and say "Its okay because I'm trans" and no one can touch them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SpliffClavin posted:

Don't judge me Mexican word of the Day

But don't you dare criticize the war he did die in as a pointless war waged based on false information that was more to prove neo-con ideas and to provide government contracts to cronies.

Immolat1on posted:

I want to agree with you, but bigotry knows no bounds. From the same FB page:

*shudders*

Jesus christ.

People honestly believe that "natural" food is just one thing, like a carrot is just a carrot, it's not made up of sugars, startches, glutens, acids and all the other stuff. It's only the bad food that Monsanto and all the doctors and scientists they've bought off is pushing on us that has ingredients.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-if-natural-products-came-with-a-list-of-ingredient-1503320184

Look at all those scary long complex names of things!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Me too. And she's redneck to the seams. This was just posted:

It's probably made the rounds (no pun intended), but, yep, this is her mindset.

Chris Kyle, shooting black people from heaven, and telling God he has 5 congressional medals of honour, for actions that happened in Canada, you wouldn't have heard of them.

So I shouldn't have commented on some dumb link on facebook, but I did on some clickbate article about how having Captain America say he was Hydra in a single panel with no contex or anything means that Marvel is showing its hatred for the Jewish community, I posted "I can understand people being upset and not liking Hydra Cap, but stop saying Marvel hates Jews because of it" and someone responded "Well, imagine that after saying 'Hail Hydra' He said "Hitler was right". Because you can just add completely unrelated words to anything and make it mean what ever you want.

I love Starbucks in the morning. 9/11 was an inside job
Going to see Arcade Fire tonight! Freemasons run the country

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's no more idiots of imgur thread, but this is just :stare: :gonk:

http://imgur.com/gallery/lubpQ

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who is Jill Stein and why is she everywhere all of a sudden?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat, so all the Bernie Bros switching to Stein are showing they care less about actual. real change, and more about being edgy contrarians.

The first thing I saw was "Uh ACTUALLY Hillary, Jill Stein is the first woman to win a primary" becuase winning the Green Party nomination is the same as winning the nomination from the current sitting presidents party.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's just so obvious that people hate Hillary on a personal level, and its 100% because there's been 25 years of right wing media saying how she's literally Hitler, even when she's running against Hitler.

I see on facebook people saying "Trump just says things to get votes, Hillary actually has a giant evil plans she's not talking about" when ever someone else posts about Trumps most recent massively racist comment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Otisburg posted:

Hey, uh, that's some really good D&D positing about what pragmatic, cool voters you are for supporting HRC in this, the IOSM thread. Good posts, enjoy reading them.

*Starts slowly reaching for the LoB-signal while maintaining eye contact.*

Yea, becuase social media is not a place where people discuss politics at all. Basically people are either being idiots because of the election or the Stanford rape case, and the election is way less depressing.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I keep seeing posts on Tumblr of people begging everyone to vote for Hillary now that is not going to get elected, often mentioning that the last time this happened Bush was elected. I don't know how much that is worth but at least some Bernie Bros (really? that's their name?) seem to know what they are doing.

But you see Hillary is worse, because there's all these scandals involving her that are totally not manufactured by the GOP machine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i like the comment "oh look its my dads facebook page"

Conservatives on twitter are never not a source of IOSM, but lucky Bruce Campbell is on the case!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lblitzer posted:

I wouldn't trust a woman named Grandma Useful Tip

She married to Grandpa Just the Tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ularg posted:

The best part about the bathroom debate is how it just largely disappeared when that news story about the kid falling into the zoo enclosure came out.

Which is awesome because it's another event where people who think things work like the do in movies saying "couldn't they have tranq'd the Gorilla?" not knowing that tranqs are not like in the movies, they can take time to take effect, and if you watch the tape the kid was in very real danger; the one shown on the news was heavily edited and make it look like the kid was being protected, they removed the part where it was dragging the kid around by its leg.