Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Let's dig our claws into this wretched, rotting cycle and tear the whole thing down. Let's take the Path of Destruction and rip everyone a new everything.

I changed my vote below, I hope that's okay?

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Actually I'm going to change my vote. I'm usually Raaargh Destroy in SMT games but I'm finding the thread arguments pretty compelling. I retract my previous choice for the Path of Creation.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm more than a little interested in seeing the road not taken afterwards too, but I think FrankZP said we're only getting one ending regardless.

Also I'm coming in at the end (having only found this LP a few days ago) to say that I really like the design/aesthetic/style etc of the game. I love Kaneko's weird fashion and demon design, even if everyone only wears lipstick on the top lip or something. Also, in a genre where the hero is generally bedecked in celestial angel armour and the demon blade of double-hell, I appreciate a protagonist who is equipped with 1) pants and 2) shoes, and basically nothing else but goes around beating gods to death with his fists. Also slowly pulsating flesh tattoos are great.

Unrelated: whenever our hero 'ingests' a Magatama, is he, like, eating it, or is he letting it chew into his eyeball again (Or at least that's how I always interpreted what happened in the very beginning of the game, it basically eats his face?). How does he get it back out.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FredMSloniker posted:

That's... actually pretty clever. Reminds me of the whole 'cannot be harmed by any weapon forged by man' bit from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which turned out not to be a prophecy but an evaluation... and man had forged much better weapons in the time since then.

Didn't they get him with a rocket launcher? To be fair I don't think that mass machine production counts as 'forged' anyway.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I really like this method of selection- you don't vote for the winning team, you just murder every other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Junpei posted:

For your next SMT game, will you be doing Strange Journey or 4?

Honesty I hope he steers past Strange Journey, Luisfe started that one in 2011 and only finished it last August. It nearly destroyed his will to live. However I also understand that 3DS emulation is... difficult and capture cards are hilariously expensive.
(Digital Devil SaGa?)

• Locked thread