Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hey all, whats with the German in the thread title.....

....:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Eventually RCR will review every car owned by AI posters.

I tried to get in contact with him while he was in Atlanta to see if he'd like to do the Audi 90, but couldn't reach him :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Is your buddies Audi Coupe Quattro still running the stock 7A NA?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MonkeyNutZ posted:

It's running a 2.6l 20V stroker and a close ratio trans from these guys http://eurospecsport.com/products/engines/5c-4v-new.htm along with an old KKK turbo with a custom made compressor stage, probably around 350hp with the current NASA spec inlet restriction. It's getting a BorgWarner EFR shortly which will drop the time to boost down to :magical: levels. I wish I had a better photo of the engine bay because the fabrication on the intercooler is completely insane, it's a crazy shape that I still can't quite wrap my head around.

Well, a PPPPPO did. After running 29 events the car changed hands a ton of times but hadn't raced since 2002. Nothing's seriously wrong with it but it'll need some work to get up to current NASA spec. At the very least it'll need a completely new DOM tube cage (currently chromoly) and it was let through tech at Sandblast just because of the race history behind the car. It was a bit of a scramble to get a new inlet restrictor machined the day before the race and at idle it was causing some nasty oil leakage from the compressor side piston rings. Since it'll be properly sized for the current level of inlet restriction, the new EFR shouldn't have any problems.

I would like to know more.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The Sandblast rally was amazing as usual, the friends I was crewing for pulled out an incredible 8th place out of 50 entrants in their second ever rally! At least three wheels are off the ground in this shot, possibly all four at one point. Despite stuff like this all I had to fix was an exhaust trying to fall off and a manifold to turbo stud backing out

:allears: That Audi.