Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Weird stuff with an Opel sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It may be because I was molested by a bricknose as a child but I am in love with your awful truck.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks for the tip on Bricknose master cylinder braces. One day I swear I'll have one.

Driveshafts are generally easy for hee haw shops unless you have a rear transaxle like an Alfa or Corvette and have to balance the shaft at a jillion rpm.

I can't imagine a flywheel balancer that can spin 6k can't spin 9k+. Maybe a rotary shop could help if not?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 1, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
More like Found On Road Rad.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That was the most realistic Seafoaming footage I've ever seen. It even has that little bit that I get every time where you're like "oh is that it :(" followed by "OH OH poo poo NO HERE IT COMES :) :aaa: :aaaaa:"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Nice Honda. You're building quite the fine collection now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man that is some nice bodywork dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Was it just water that ruined the old clock gasket?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Neat gauges! 5Hz would probably bug me eventually but it's better than my current Civic speedometer which updates at, uh, 0Hz.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Nice centre console. Are the clecos gonna stay?

That bear looks like a dick.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I would throw one of the POR15 fuel tank kits at it, maybe with a length of chain if you want to do some ghetto descaling.

Doesn't EFI require big baffles in the tank? I guess the Hydramat takes care of that problem.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Don't throw out OEM harness wire either. Hoard it for future projects! Hoard hoard hoard.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Always glad to see more progress on the Opel. Was the stock ECU mounted with rubber isolators? Some of them depend on that to keep the case from inadvertently providing a route to ground.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sweet tube, dude.

I'm always interested in paint knowledge.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Looking good dude. Can't wait to see it after blocking.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm enjoying the Neon love as much as the Opel love.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
What does the special SEM guide coat do that a cheap can of Home Depot black doesn't?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Hey, that looks really good. It'll be fantastic once you do the cut and buff.

I really want to do this the right non-spraybomb way one day.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Is the lap joined plate pair structural or just some sort of stiffening/deadening structure? You could use body adhesive because that poo poo is incredibly strong and will let you paint everything prior to mashing it together.

Plus it's like ghetto seam sealer to boot.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

Seriously? Pobst slummed a lemons race?

That’s loving amazing. :allears:

He spoke about one race here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6kWig5FgM

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm so happy this project is still going. Cool hog-ring trick, I will have to remember it the next time I decide to drive myself loving insane reupholster a seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I know on the Metros here, the first thing to rust out and total the car is the control arm mounting points on the body. There is no doubt in my mind that it is under-engineered.