Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Glad to see this project is back in action.
It is one of the many posts that inspired me to go after my own project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Post WW2 Japan had a lot of knowledge transfer with German car makers.
People still claim Nissan ripped off the Mercedes 300SL inline 6 and I do see it, but the truth of it all?
I imagine it all to be sort of like the Renault Nissan partnership.
That being said it is still an amazing stroke of luck with the splines on the trans.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
You should put this in the GRM Ultimate Track car once she's all done. :D
If the write ups are any indicator I can't wait for video.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

DJ Commie posted:

Get some dry ice, crush it, and put it inside the chassis behind the rockguards. It'll just chip off with soft taps as the adhesive is rendered ineffective by the cold, and the plastic rockguard shrinks faster than the steel and pops itself right off.

^ This ^ Freezing temps works wonders on sound deadening in the middle of winter.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Parts car? 94 Suzuki Swift GT... https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/6211447452.html

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

MonkeyNutZ posted:

.... I'm toying with the idea of making tubular control arms from scratch with a ton of adjustability built in.

So once that's out of the way, what's next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The other good news is that I stumbled into tons of spare Swift GTI engine parts which significantly speeds up my plans for more horsepower. A set of cams is already in Canada getting reground to a comically aggressive level and I have a lovely new EPROM on my desk ready to go as soon as I socket the ECU. Traveling for work more than usual recently so I still have some spares to dig into when I get back next weekend, I'll get a post together about all that jazz right after!

Sometimes these stories are the best. I once gave a phone number of someone selling a Z to a buddy.
The person selling the Z technically had 8 Z's for sale...