Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nice insight, but aren't you getting a bit distracted? :)

How much was the Insight if you don't mind? I was just looking at some here for fun and they start at like $8k for 200k km which seemed a bit ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

slothrop posted:

Always great to see more progress on your sweet Opel!

Agreed, great progress! As I might've mentioned before, I'm living a bit through MNZ here as my grandfather used to have a Manta (basically its spiritual successor) that was unfortunately lost to an employee and subsequently some shithead relative of his. However when visiting him again just now, I saw this one parked outside which made me seriously consider making an offer on it:

As far as I recall, it's exactly the same version, just red instead of green. Unfortunately I have nowhere to work on it, already have a Miata that I maintain myself on the street, and our stupid regulations make any kind of engine swaps extremely difficult. Still, it's probably running and in decent shape so ughh...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I never got to drive one unfortunately, but the first gen are definitely the best looking ones, especially black magic :black101:.

The B2 like that one look super 80s, which is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. After looking at it a bit closer, it's in decent but not perfect condition - there are some scratches and rust spots on the wheel arches and hood, but no sockington-grade disasters as far as I can tell. I'll probably leave a note to call me if he considers selling it. Even the biggest wrecks go for over two-three grand and I'll probably be able to do much better than that here. I could also take advantage of low labor costs and have as much stuff done to it here first, so this just might be my first project.

Rhyno posted:

those seats though.
drat right :swoon:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Oh god I'm a mechanical engineer, electrons are magic and I hate everything about this :shepicide:
Would you prefer if those were vacuum lines instead?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes please finish the GT and stop getting distracted by other awesome projects! This edging is getting well into Project Binky territory.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 24, 2017