Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Does the Insight drivetrain fit inside the Opel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

MonkeyNutZ posted:

They seem like a fairly awesome product, especially on an engine where screwing up the pan is easy. The whole engine capacity is 3.6 quarts of oil, I don't think I'd put one on something like my P71 or F250. Draining 5-7 quarts out of a 3/8" hole would take ages.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

A custom ordered set of Speedhut gauges with a copy of the old Opel logo! :homebrew:

Not only are they super low profile and a lot lighter than the original gauges, that GPS speedometer also solves my utter lack of a speedometer drive. It updates at 5Hz and can show 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, heading, altitude, top speed, and some other stuff.

The old gauge cluster had 20+ wire colors and was a nightmare to look at. These suckers all daisy chain together off a single power source, all I have to do is plug in the sensor wires and give the main connector 12v and they're done.

A quick mock up with some Cardboard Aided Design

and I have this set of badly centered, fairly sexy gauges. They're designed to have their threaded collars clamp down on a panel so I plan on adding a flange to each of the gauge holes to mount them properly.

Click for badly photoshopped removal of that white cardboard around the gauges

I was going to keep the original clock on the right but it looks a lot more out of place in person than I expected.

Oil pressure gauge instead?

How would the GPS spedo perform in an underground or tunnel situation? Is it just a matter of keeping up with traffic?