Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

sean10mm posted:

OK, I'll bite, what engine is that? :saddowns:

I don't know for sure either.
Looks like a suzuki and it's g13b to me, but can't be can it?
Were proper suzuki swifts even sold in the US?
E: I know the gm product/metro etc didn't have the g13b

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Hypnolobster posted:

Yeah, 74 Ranchero. It was hideously ugly

They'd look a lot better if they used the XA or XB falcon ute front.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Why isn't that cobra shifter just a short straight stick?

Also atomicthumbs, is that a cortina? Cortinas were like that unless they had the remote shifter and sports setup/seats/ console, (but I want to say not quite as bad)
E: My grandmothers mk2 440 seems to not have this part
or a console to cover that part anyway, so the shifter came up through the floor right under the dash like that above pic.
Late edit: I thought I was crazy and remembering wrong, but finally found a photo of a cortina that had a crappy shifter spot.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 10, 2016

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
This is still one of my fav AI threads.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Yes.
While I'm waiting for parts to come from USA for a BMW suspension rebuild, I'm about to start knocking back my falcon ute for a respray.
Show me how someone who knows what they're doing does it. I miss the old painting threads on AI, wasn't there a guy with a name something like uncle or skin or something?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Me too. I started trying to strip the falcon with what i had, but I gave up. It was a lovely 5" mains orbital sander and general purpose sanding disks. I've had them since I was tidying up a wood floor after drum sanding a long time ago, but they don't seem to do the job. The disks loose too much abrasiveness all too quickly even in 120 grit, and the sander I think is too slow.

I am going to try find the disks you used somehow in aussie, (I didn't notice them in the auto paints store I bought my primer, but I wasn't looking for them. and quick googling now only comes up with drill shank versions for $15ea)
I do have a 4" grinder somewhere, that may be better with a flap wheel? I dunno. Paint used to be much easier to remove in my older or repainted cars.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 6, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Thanks, now I know what to look for I've found the local auto parts store and local hardware store has them. What RPMs did you get with your speed controller?
I was looking to buy a bigger grinder with speed control but then I remembered I had an old ryobi 5" grinder with speed control in the garage. I had packed it away because the gearbox sounded stuffed. I knew it was a grease problem but when I tried to open it up ages ago the philips head screw were stuck and got rounded.
Anyway, just got it open with a hammer impact screwdriver and sure enough the gears were completely dry. I added thick grease to them and it sounds a hundred times better now, and it's variable speed goes down to about 6k rpm I think. It should make a quicker job of it compared to my regular 4" grinder with those pads you mentioned.
The grinder even comes with a velco rubber disc to attach sanding discs and came with a couple of them which might be handy for stubborn bits or finishing off after those other pads wear out.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 7, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Yeah, the weather sucks here too. It's winter in perth and that means just rain nearly every day. It rained all last week and only stopped for this weekend. I had to use this weekend for a suspension rebuild on my other car though.
I've got a garage to do the paint on the falcon, but it sucks with rubbing back with all the paint dust that would cover everything else in the garage, so I prefer to do it outside.
Tomorrow is the last rain free day then it's rain until next weekend, though not going to be as bad as your area going by the video. Last week here looked like that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I cringe at needing an access panel under the dash to change dizzy cap and wires. But everything else in the update post is amazing :swoon: Including the race start music and the nemesis randy coming through

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 1, 2018