Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Hydramat is amazing, my Charade's fuel cell was 4 expensive Holley self-sealing pickups put put together with F-Body in-tank fuel lines. I think it was around $150 in parts. Now you just buy a Hydramat and they fit even in small tank access holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Get some dry ice, crush it, and put it inside the chassis behind the rockguards. It'll just chip off with soft taps as the adhesive is rendered ineffective by the cold, and the plastic rockguard shrinks faster than the steel and pops itself right off.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Kaptainballistik posted:

I thought Sloppy mechanics had that kind of slovenly antics well documented?

I’m a fan of factory ecu’s as they are generally quite powerful.

Not an 80s Suzuki ECU. I don't even think they had an EPROM or any actual NVRAM, GM ECUs are completely re-writable including technically the OS itself.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

MonkeyNutZ posted:

We're running some bargain Maxsport RB3 hard compound tires, treadwear seems minimal except for the occasional sheared block from the sharp rocks and getting stuck in ruts out on stage, couldn't have asked for more grip.

60GB+ of in car footage to cut some clips together from tonight. Only thing that sticks out at me right now is the need for a separate multichannel audio recorder; the audio is currently terrible and our intercom has an audio out channel so it'd be really easy to get that synced with the video feed for the next event.

Holy crap those competition tires are cheap, I have my own huge rallycross course and have been looking for tires for my 323 GTX and getting tired (ha!) of $20 used tires that barely last an hour before I tear them open.

Also, if you have a a stereo input on your camera, you can get a stereo splitter to use an external amplified mic for one channel and pipe the intercom audio into another. Peltor and Terratrip stuff would need to probably have a potentiometer put in as they output line level and most cameras expect amplified mic level. I don't know what intercom you have, but I used to integrate intercoms for offroad racing and that was a semi-common thing to do.