Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Coredump posted:

Yeah I dunno if that Ford power steering pump is actually bad yet, that's just how they sound.*

Serious talk, that's how they sound with 20k on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MonkeyNutZ posted:

I paid a whopping $3200 for mine, it has full maintenance records and the main battery pack was replaced by a dealership in 2013. It should easily be good for another 150,000 miles on top of the 120k I bought it with. Friend of mine at work has a quarter million miles on his with an original battery pack.

One of my coworkers has a Prius that's still on the original battery. He doesn't know how many miles are on it, since the odometer stopped at 299,999 miles... a few years ago. :stonkhat: Most of his driving is highway.

Another coworker had an Insight that he bought used at 85k, but it had a new battery put in by the dealer immediately before buying it. He totaled it around 160k and claims the battery had gotten pretty weak. Same coworker now drives a Prius as well, and had to replace the battery around 120k (it's at 180k now, battery still seems fine).

The battery packs really do seem to be luck of the draw in terms of the originals holding up. Coworker who had the Insight/has a Prius now used the Insight for restaurant delivery, so it was 99% stop and go, which I would imagine puts a lot more wear on the battery than cruising.

I wouldn't mind a 5 speed Insight, or a manual CR-Z.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 14, 2016