Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You can't delete your characters in EVE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

basically the same way suicide ganking is done in eve but with the bonus of deleting chars with bad rep (against tos to do that in eve)

Doesn't stop it being done though, there was a data pull some time back that showed characters being remade 100+ times iirc

BadLlama posted:

You can't delete your characters in EVE?

You can but you aren't allowed to just to get around being a criminal (fixable in game by work or money, but if you don't you get killed by the police in "safe" space)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Sunber posted:

Doesn't stop it being done though, there was a data pull some time back that showed characters being remade 100+ times iirc

You can but you aren't allowed to just to get around being a criminal (fixable in game by work or money, but if you don't you get killed by the police in "safe" space)

my point wasnt about if eve players did or not, its that you can in ao and it would easily break the whole rep system they wasted effort on

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

my point wasnt about if eve players did or not, its that you can in ao and it would easily break the whole rep system they wasted effort on

Fair, having just watched the video though does it mean that the "kings lands" are the old yellow zones or that you can actually attack anyone anywhere not in a city now? Either way, it doesn't look like you'd need to recycle alts at all for this except i guess for the initial stunlock, you'd just need to "gank" on an alt as you wouldn't be able to enter cities after a while.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

challenge accepted!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

i watched the crime system video and read some of the other changes. its interesting and not good. the whole crime system can be exploited by recycling T4 alts who go slightly blue and gank solos wearing good gear for silver

basically the same way suicide ganking is done in eve but with the bonus of deleting chars with bad rep (against tos to do that in eve)

I am just SHOCKED that :si: implemented a system that was not well thought out and thoroughly tested.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Several people regrinding to T4 repeatedly to try to gank someone wearing T6.1000 does not seem worth it really. Unless the gear curve was also flattened a bunch again.

full disclaimer: I haven't bothered to watch the video

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kylra posted:

Several people regrinding to T4 repeatedly to try to gank someone wearing T6.1000 does not seem worth it really. Unless the gear curve was also flattened a bunch again.

full disclaimer: I haven't bothered to watch the video

supposedly all it takes to unlock t4 everything is getting to one node now. there is a huge thread by dworf bitching about people already riding wargs in 6 days so something tells me 'regrinding' to t4 isnt anything like we remember

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Sunber posted:

Fair, having just watched the video though does it mean that the "kings lands" are the old yellow zones or that you can actually attack anyone anywhere not in a city now? Either way, it doesn't look like you'd need to recycle alts at all for this except i guess for the initial stunlock, you'd just need to "gank" on an alt as you wouldn't be able to enter cities after a while.

i understood it to work like this

kill creatures, rocks or trees and you become good or blue. press the pvp flag button and you become neutral or grey. attack blues or greys and you lose rep or become red. do it enough and you cant fight stuff to go back blue.

since attacking a grey or a blue turns a grey or a blue to red, there isnt much to do to stop a known group of people who only fight reds or gank solo blues for cash on disposable alts

e: also the logout timer is too long to switch characters mid combat. you cant really 'stunlock' anyone for 60 seconds

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I was meaning just to stop them for long enough for a small group to rush in from off screen, but thinking about if flagging turns you red anyway so doesn't seem like there is much difference between being red and being flagged, unless you are using a blue, non-flagged character to lure people or something?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

supposedly all it takes to unlock t4 everything is getting to one node now. there is a huge thread by dworf bitching about people already riding wargs in 6 days so something tells me 'regrinding' to t4 isnt anything like we remember

I miss dworf posts. The pinnacle of Albion Online gameplay was a good Dworf Eonwe shithread

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Blazing Zero posted:

i understood it to work like this

kill creatures, rocks or trees and you become good or blue. press the pvp flag button and you become neutral or grey. attack blues or greys and you lose rep or become red. do it enough and you cant fight stuff to go back blue.

since attacking a grey or a blue turns a grey or a blue to red, there isnt much to do to stop a known group of people who only fight reds or gank solo blues for cash on disposable alts

e: also the logout timer is too long to switch characters mid combat. you cant really 'stunlock' anyone for 60 seconds

Yea... PvE = rep++. PvP = rep--. Flagging sets you to 0.

I guess it makes sense? The idea being discourage doing assholish things unless you're committed?

I'm sure it's exploitable in some way that will be discovered in short order.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

it looked to me that flagging gets rid of all your positive rep and turns you neutral (im calling it grey) like i said above. i guess what we dont know is if being flagged with neutral rep opens you to being attacked w/o rep penalty. if thats true then my idea wont work at all.

the scenario im envisioning is just staying flagged with neutral rep and only engaging those that attack us or targets of opportunity

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 22, 2016

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Even if you have to "grind" up to T4 with your alts, won't the new LP system allow you to buy in immediately? You'd make a new character, donate x silver or whatever, premium it, buy up to the min ganking gear level, revel in the spoils, sell loot for silver, delete character, repeat. Timing boss spawns on alt #1 a couple of times might even be enough to keep rolling in the clean alts for a while. Or not, who knows.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CubicalSucrose posted:

Even if you have to "grind" up to T4 with your alts, won't the new LP system allow you to buy in immediately? You'd make a new character, donate x silver or whatever, premium it, buy up to the min ganking gear level, revel in the spoils, sell loot for silver, delete character, repeat. Timing boss spawns on alt #1 a couple of times might even be enough to keep rolling in the clean alts for a while. Or not, who knows.

I'm sure if we can't figure out how to game it, someone will so that it gets abused to death

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
Why are we complaining about a system that benefits griefers again?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Suxpool posted:

Why are we complaining about a system that benefits griefers again?

Why are we complaining about a system that bercilak is going to inevitably scrap and change in 2 hours anyways?

FUKKEN
Dec 27, 2007
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
Many of these systems can be exploited by "just making more alts", which had a thread about it and nothing come out of it. No resolution...so go ahead and make alts. (they will probably ip limit it, good luck)

FireWhizzle posted:

I miss dworf posts. The pinnacle of Albion Online gameplay was a good Dworf Eonwe shithread

Good news, he is back and posting rant threads. Enjoy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FUKKEN posted:

Many of these systems can be exploited by "just making more alts", which had a thread about it and nothing come out of it. No resolution...so go ahead and make alts. (they will probably ip limit it, good luck)

Good news, he is back and posting rant threads. Enjoy.

How do designers in this day and age still think this is even in the same zip code as close to the idea of being on the same continent as a good idea? God drat that poo poo's dumb.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my friend forge is going to make a new op on tuesday

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
NOICE

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

okay okay okay oka yokay ok ok ok ok

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is :si: still in business for some reason?

Because AO is a crime against humanity and I'm pretty sure those are illegal. :smuggo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Is :si: still in business for some reason?

Because AO is a crime against humanity and I'm pretty sure those are illegal. :smuggo:

they are and while it is a miracle, the fact that forge will make a new op on tuesday, is not

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

Whoa.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

they are and while it is a miracle, the fact that forge will make a new op on tuesday, is not

sounds good, I'll be there! :toot:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

yeah all the changes are on their pre-beta-test-test? going on right now. i havent logged in to confirm any of it tho

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kimsemus posted:

sounds good, I'll be there! :toot:

please don't

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

please don't

too late, prepare for my honest and objective opinions about a bad game by a bad developer friend

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

too late, prepare for my honest and objective opinions about a bad game by a bad developer friend

:getin:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

gently caress yes

I was the biggest fan of coming back post wipe. At this point I'm playing rust and wishing I could be playing ark right now and thinking to my self albion .... nope. Chances are high I'll be there but lets see this new thread first, hell yeah.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

Aren't you still banned? Or was that from providing feedback only (lol)?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

Aren't you still banned? Or was that from providing feedback only (lol)?

I'm still banned for providing developer feedback in the development section of the forums. :lol:

Then they banned my login to the actual game 1 day after my 6 month refund window on PayPal closed :lol:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
hahah I thought they just banned your forum.. wtf.

RIP kimsemus

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

But you're buying in a new account, right???

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

But you're buying in a new account, right???

:iiam:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Watching as goons once again reach out to put their hands on the stove that is bad MMOs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Comrayn posted:

Watching as goons once again reach out to put their hands on the stove that is bad MMOs.
Again? My hand never left.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

all mmos, are bad friend comrayn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

all mmos, are bad friend comrayn