Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

dominoeffect posted:

Despite the fact that this is a short test, do any past players have some tips to share that they wish they knew before starting?

We're working on a series of guides to get people up to scratch for CBT quickly; for the stress test do whatever tickles your pickle, but for CBT, you should follow the guides (coming soon) to get to t3 quickly and specialize moving into t4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Green Knight posted:

Let me know if you guys need any additional information. I have some good contacts to the guy everyone is drinking beer with.
I laughed.

dominoeffect posted:

Despite the fact that this is a short test, do any past players have some tips to share that they wish they knew before starting?
Kill foxes to get leather to get through your t2 ranger crafting stuff if that's what you're inclined to do. You'll get skinning fame, ranger crafting fame AND adventuring fame to use gear, all from one node. It saves having to kill some bandits later.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
What happened with ArcheAge that has everyone so pissed?

With NWN there just wasn't much game. Every zone had the exact same tomb dungeon, usually twice. Each boss was "Avoid red circles, kill adds while your rogue slowly whittles down the bosses eight jillion HP"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Verbose posted:

With NWN there just wasn't much game. Every zone had the exact same tomb dungeon, usually twice. Each boss was "Avoid red circles, kill adds while your rogue slowly whittles down the bosses eight jillion HP"

Giving money for early access to a f2p game is a special kind of stupid no matter your income level and brings in some of the dumbest people. ArcheAge had those people also defending a pedophile.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Since our auth system mysteriously decided to stop letting people into the goon group on the offsite as soon as we made this OP, I'm having to do it manually in waves whenever I happen to look at it. It might take a little bit to get your access set up right, but you'll be able to see all the categories in less than 24h probably. If it takes longer than that post here and let me know.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Kylra posted:

Since our auth system mysteriously decided to stop letting people into the goon group on the offsite as soon as we made this OP, I'm having to do it manually in waves whenever I happen to look at it. It might take a little bit to get your access set up right, but you'll be able to see all the categories in less than 24h probably. If it takes longer than that post here and let me know.

I used the auth system about an hour ago and it was working. The link in the OP was bad, but if you stripped out the /login part it worked just fine.

Edit: Oh, nm... I see what you mean.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 12, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Verbose posted:

Archeage was a bad game, which wouldn't have been a problems as goons have enjoyed bad games.

The people leading Archeage goons were incompetent but that wouldn't have been a problem as deep down all goons are incompetent

Then people tried to defend/sweep under the rug the actions of a pedophile

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
All registered (last night) but no confirmation email received as of this morning.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Kylra posted:

Are you sending out invites to slack as well?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Stormgale posted:

Archeage was a bad game, which wouldn't have been a problems as goons have enjoyed bad games.

The people leading Archeage goons were incompetent but that wouldn't have been a problem as deep down all goons are incompetent

Wait Stormgale, part of that was you and me (leading archeage goons, not the pedophile ones)

Cmon man at least give us some credit

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Wait Stormgale, part of that was you and me (leading archeage goons, not the pedophile ones)

Cmon man at least give us some credit

I'm sorry to break it to you but I am really incompetent, like really bad at videogames.

Except maybe :darksouls:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I hope to be transporting trade packages on Donkey again with you, but in Albion. Lets keep it Archeage style (dying and losing them to Uran'Thul)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

I hope to be transporting trade packages on Donkey again with you, but in Albion. Lets keep it Archeage style (dying and losing them to Uran'Thul)

I actually never really lost any of my poo poo because none of archeage's risky runs were ever really worth it, which is something I hope this game fix's.

If you want in for the upcoming beta we are gonna see if rushing and maintaining some city shops is profitable.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 12, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Meh, as I learnt from Archeage, I'll probably just wait until it releases f2p and then buy a 30 day subscription on release, that way if it turns out to be not fun after a month like Archeage did, at least I'm only out the price of a sandwich rather than £50.

You know I'm good at making those monies though!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Finndo posted:

All registered (last night) but no confirmation email received as of this morning.
Check your spam. You're in the userlist, but the email is often getting tagged as spam.

I also sent another activation email just in case.

exser posted:

Are you sending out invites to slack as well?
Want to check something to make sure it won't break our longer term auth plans first before sending out manual invites. Maybe later today.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-

Stormgale posted:

Gotta tell you, wasn't what I was expecting.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
yay its back! must get cursed staff again.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

There's now a thread for requesting slack invites until the auth server is fixed up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I love the Hydra logo. I shall wear my Hydra pin with pride at all times while playing! Is that a grenade pin above the head? It's beautiful.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Verbose posted:

Gotta tell you, wasn't what I was expecting.

Find me on slack or mumble and i'll tell you the tale, it'll have twists and turns the likes you wouldn't believe.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Find me on slack or mumble and i'll tell you the tale, it'll have twists and turns the likes you wouldn't believe.

I'm down, when I get home from work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stormgale posted:

it'll have twists and turns the likes you wouldn't believe.

this is also the way to describe my penis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

this is also the way to describe my penis

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If it walks like a duck, pvps like a duck, and has a penis like a duck...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
I wonder if they have changed cursed staff much from the alpha back a while ago.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010

Kylra posted:

If it walks like a duck, pvps like a duck, and has a penis like a duck...

then it is a canadian goose with a micro penis.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'll take your word for it as I do not know birds all that well.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am happy to see a Ornithologist in the thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I am happy to see a Ornithologist in the thread

Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Trogdor_666 posted:

I wonder if they have changed cursed staff much from the alpha back a while ago.

It's a completely different item now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard.

oh word?

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
What does the curse staff do now? I hope you can still drain life. I love lifestealing casters in games.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Join today friends!

I do want to say that this game is shaping up to be quite a treat. Many of us have been playing since early Alpha builds, and the developer is very open to player feedback. Goons have helped to shape this game in a huge way and it's horrifyingly addictive -- there is something sublime about spending time gathering resources and crafting gear, then using it to slay pubbies and take their stuff.

Trogdor_666 posted:

What does the curse staff do now? I hope you can still drain life. I love lifestealing casters in games.

Right now, it's magic damage plus DoT, no healing mechanic. However the Battle Axe has a pretty absurd heal mechanic.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is this one server for them all and usernames are important like in eve? Also if I reserve a username at the end of beta test will I have it in live or can someone take it?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Trogdor_666 posted:

It's a bomb over 8s that deals dmg based on stacks of an instacast with 3s cd

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Holyshoot posted:

Is this one server for them all and usernames are important like in eve? Also if I reserve a username at the end of beta test will I have it in live or can someone take it?

Yes, it is one unified server exactly like EVE. I'm not sure about username reservation but there has been talk about it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Everyone will be on one server. There is no account based messaging. All your characters are treated separately.

I dunno if there's going to be name reservations.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Is the new curse staff powerful? The previous one was kinda weak but the draining was fun.

Also this game is amazing i recommend everyone play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kylra posted:

Everyone will be on one server. There is no account based messaging. All your characters are treated separately.

I dunno if there's going to be name reservations.

Last alpha using your early start to reserve a "well known figure" was grounds for your character being deleted and the real person getting the name. So don't impersonate someone. Talk on the forums using the name and you should be good in keeping your claim. Screen shots in this thread might also be proof of intent to use the same name again.

• Locked thread