Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Pessimist
Apr 18, 2007
I worked in insurance for a little while and I'm not claiming expert knowledge but I have two pieces of advice. First always call your insurance company when a provider tells you some crazy stuff like this. Providers are surprisingly terrible at billing things correctly. Most of my time in insurance was spent reviewing claims for insurance plan members and fighting with providers to get the claims re-billed correctly so the insurance would cover it as it should. Providers also have a habit of billing for things that are not the plan member's problem and trying to claim the plan member has to pay for it. This sounds like it might fall under that umbrella a bit.

Second it's been awhile but if you call your insurance company ask them about this as it is directly related to pregnancy and pre-natal care the Women's Mandate from the health care reform package should be absorbing some of these costs I'd think.

I can't say for sure you'll come out of this any better off then you are now but you have nothing to lose by calling up your insurance company and asking at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread