Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Mitt Romney might allow himself to be begged to run for President one more time because the old rich white men in charge of the GOP are terrified that they won't be able to Stump the Trump or Arson the Carson.

Get your freshest power cells out and update all your software. Bring forth your most perfect-height trees and your lemonest, wettest, goodest beverages. Now, more than ever, it is time to :mitt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
surely by now they can retire Romney 2.0 for one of the third iteration models. tripp, scamp, flurmp, higby, they're all still kicking around aren't they?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

skaboomizzy posted:

Mitt Romney might allow himself to be begged to run for President one more time because the old rich white men in charge of the GOP are terrified that they won't be able to Stump the Trump or Arson the Carson.

Get your freshest power cells out and update all your software. Bring forth your most perfect-height trees and your lemonest, wettest, goodest beverages. Now, more than ever, it is time to :mitt:

They won't be able to ruse the Cruz either.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
He'd have to jab the Jeb for the 'sensible moderate without JFK-esque looks' position

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

He'd have to jab the Jeb for the 'sensible moderate without JFK-esque looks' position

Jeb looks like he has spina bifida

Mitt is a golden god next to that tortoise.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

Issue: Romney wouldn't be the only hispanic in the race.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I can't let myself believe this. I need to keep my hopes that we'll get to see Trump rail against Romney as low as possible to avoid inevitable crushing disappointment.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

This is sick

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wait I thought "once a loser always a loser" was going to apply here for sure. It's not like anyone's forgot how much of a silly robot he acted as either in 2012.

Incidentally I was looking up info on him and apparently he has claimed his favorite novel is Battlefield Earth; makes me wonder what his opinion on Scientology is, also what he thought of the movie.

fake e: :lol: he changed it to Twilight what a hopeless dweeb.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
A rickety old RomneyBot, sent forward from the past to save Reince Priebus from more advanced and human-like machines.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FizFashizzle posted:

Rubio seems like the best contender in terms of appearances. he's got way more youthful energy than Jeb~ and ROMNEY combined.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 23, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

It's funny how when "youthful" or "younger generation" is mentioned in conjunction with the campaign, everyone thinks of Rubio even though he and Cruz are the same age: 44.

cause despite his all-consuming thirst for precious water, rubio doesn't look like a middle-school kid tried to scuplt a muppet out of old clay and then accidentally left it in the backseat of his mom's car for the entire weekend. cruz looks like his entire corprus is suffering from erosion in some kind of weird time-lapse pictoral

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Mitt's qualities:

-Foreign-born

-Robotic

-Money

Mitigated by:

-Canadians this cycle

-Jeb!

-MARCO

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Boehner should fuckin run

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Romney is a bland rich robot and yet still manages to be more appealing than any other Republican candidate this cycle.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Would Mitt Romney kill baby Hitler?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

this underlines how unqualified he is for the 2016 campaign. he might as well be mckinley sitting on his front porch or jefferson loving his human property. its a new era of politics

or should i say....... poolitics

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Samuel Clemens posted:

In Mexico?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Mitt Romney SHOULD run again. WTF was he thinking being scared off by JEB! ??? The big donors who have been hesitant to jump to Rubio would have bailed on JEB! for Romney a couple of months ago.

I'd vote for him.

Trump is the only Alpha dog in this race. Let's pit 2 against one another and see who survives and mauls the other.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Its going to happen.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i really dont think the republican primary electorate would rally behind a loser but the only empirical evidence i can pretend supports my hypothesis is their refusal to re-embrace santorum or huckabee and that's not a strong argument

i think intuitively it seems fairly clear that romney, who pissed off the actual republican voters so much the first time around, wouldn't make it as a retread

and if that supposition is given it seems fairly clear that if the gop establishment were to actually follow through on this bullshit they'd be revealed to be so hilariously out of touch that even the events of 2015 wouldn't have prepared us for the reality of their inanity

but now im just making GBS threads out of my fingertips onto the forum

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

i really dont think the republican primary electorate would rally behind a loser but the only empirical evidence i can pretend supports my hypothesis is their refusal to re-embrace santorum or huckabee and that's not a strong argument

i think intuitively it seems fairly clear that romney, who pissed off the actual republican voters so much the first time around, wouldn't make it as a retread

and if that supposition is given it seems fairly clear that if the gop establishment were to actually follow through on this bullshit they'd be revealed to be so hilariously out of touch that even the events of 2015 wouldn't have prepared us for the reality of their inanity

but now im just making GBS threads out of my fingertips onto the forum

Definite "loser"

In politics, losers are the ones who cannot afford to brand themselves as a winner

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's far too late, obviously, but it's a fun hypothetical. It'd really shake the race up.

If you want a pro-Romney point, "only" three filing deadlines have passed and Romney wasn't going to win South Carolina, Alabama, and Arkansas anyway. New Hampshire's filing deadline is a week from today, though, and that'd be a must-win for him, so if Romney really did let himself get committed, it'd have to be by next Friday.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'd vote for him.

In a general election between Hillary and Romney, Hillary wins 99 times out of 100. The other 1 time is if she somehow died while campaigning.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Patter Song posted:

It's far too late, obviously, but it's a fun hypothetical. It'd really shake the race up.

If you want a pro-Romney point, "only" three filing deadlines have passed and Romney wasn't going to win South Carolina, Alabama, and Arkansas anyway. New Hampshire's filing deadline is a week from today, though, and that'd be a must-win for him, so if Romney really did let himself get committed, it'd have to be by next Friday.

I don't see The Mittster sullying himself with primaries. He'll just wait for that magical brokered convention.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

when the presidential election comes around ima write in a vote for the Smoke Filled Room

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Harald posted:

Boehner should fuckin run

i just want him to do the debates drunk

not sorta-kinda like Randy was last debate, but blatantly slurring words, leaning on the podium, and straight-up pulling a flask out to take a hit every now and then.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don't think Romney can beat Biden

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

skaboomizzy posted:

Can't Stump the Trump
Can't Arson the Carson
Can't Ruse the Cruz
Can only Stall the Paul

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Skeesix posted:

Can't Stump the Trump
Can't Arson the Carson
Can't Ruse the Cruz
Can only Stall the Paul

Can't bullshit Mitt

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Can't push Jeb! Bush.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 23, 2016

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
Can't Smush the Bush

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

lambeth posted:

Can't Smush the Bush

Can't ebb the Jeb!.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Can't pillory the Hillary.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jewel Repetition posted:

Can't pillory the Hillary.

You can, however, pill the Hill.

Just ask Ted Cruz.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Can't reprimand the Sand.