Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Can't elect Bobby Jindal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

Can't elect Bobby Jindal

Can't swindle the Jindal

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

can't hush the Piyush

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can't maul the Paul
Can't trick the Kasich
Can't patina the Fiorina
Can't gently caress the Huck
Can't twist the Christ
Can't copy the Pataki
Can't slam the Graham
Can't gore the Gilmore

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You can't afford the romney

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Can't Ill the Hill.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You can parry the Perry
You can walk on the Walker
You can chafe the Chafee
You can ebb the Webb
You can lessen the Lessig

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you can douche the larouche

why doesn't he run for president any more?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
every night i sacrifice a black ram to the gods of the howling underworld in hopes that mitt romney will return to us

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a dead silence falls over the GOP convention as mitt romney rises up through a trap door in the stage. his smile is glossy, like the face of a man asphyxiated under plastic. his eyes dead and flat. "my friends," he says, "it is time." the exits slam shut and lock and the lights blow out one by one.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Wanamingo posted:

Can't maul the Paul
Can't trick the Kasich
Can't patina the Fiorina
Can't gently caress the Huck
Can't twist the Christ
Can't copy the Pataki
Can't slam the Graham
Can't gore the Gilmore

Can't swindle the Jindal

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Can't make this premise funny

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

you can douche the larouche

why doesn't he run for president any more?

He's 93 so he's probably satisfied just being a weirdo cult leader by now

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Samuel Clemens posted:

Would Mitt Romney kill baby Hitler?
Hitler. Baby. Bad.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who knew mitt was this much of a misandrist

quote:

The West must stop the insanity of welcoming hundreds of thousands of people from the Middle East without knowing who exactly they are. Women, children and the elderly, perhaps, but not thousands upon thousands of single young men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/11/15/mitt-romney-obama-must-wage-war-on-the-islamic-state-not-merely-harass-it/

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he just wants a harem full of those hot, hot displaced refugee arab women

there are communities of his co-religionists that could facilitate this goal

im just sayin

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

he just wants a harem full of those hot, hot displaced refugee arab women

More like a binder full of them

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In 2012, my presidential campaign was as successful as Mitt’s.

Neither of us achieved the presidency, but at least I didn’t waste millions of dollars and a year of my time in the pursuit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:mitt: entering the race now would be the most beautiful thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Rubio seems like the best contender in terms of appearances. he's got way more youthful energy than Jeb~ and ROMNEY combined.

That's because Rubio has a baby face and much like all millennials has crippling, horrific debt that will sink him eventually.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if mitt holds donald trump down and shaves off his hair he will def snag the gop nom

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Mr. Pumroy posted:

if mitt holds donald trump down and shaves off his hair he will def snag the gop nom

i think the difference is that romney is 100% without question the quintessential establishment candidate. last cycle that seemed to be important because the base wasn't 100% rallying around bachman or perry or shucky ducky or space cowboy or whomever, so having romney be the stoic old white guy was basically the signal that he should win the nomination.

this cycle though, the wheels have flown off the clown car and trump and carson have jumped it over the edge of the ravine and are laughing manically through the free-fall. the base is actively rejecting the establishment candidates they're "supposed" to pick, and i don't think even a last minute romney pick at a brokered convention would change the fact that people have no enthusiasm for him. if anything i could see a brokered romney pick serve as proof to the base that their masters no longer give a poo poo what the base wants, and it could split the party, or at least severly discourage R voter turnout.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

That's because Rubio has a baby face and much like all millennials has crippling, horrific debt that will sink him eventually.

Not if party credit cards have anything to do about it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the rnc is already carrying water for mitt

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

homeless poster posted:

i think the difference is that romney is 100% without question the quintessential establishment candidate. last cycle that seemed to be important because the base wasn't 100% rallying around bachman or perry or shucky ducky or space cowboy or whomever, so having romney be the stoic old white guy was basically the signal that he should win the nomination.

this cycle though, the wheels have flown off the clown car and trump and carson have jumped it over the edge of the ravine and are laughing manically through the free-fall. the base is actively rejecting the establishment candidates they're "supposed" to pick, and i don't think even a last minute romney pick at a brokered convention would change the fact that people have no enthusiasm for him. if anything i could see a brokered romney pick serve as proof to the base that their masters no longer give a poo poo what the base wants, and it could split the party, or at least severly discourage R voter turnout.

im just saying that he needs to show that he is as much a violent vicious sociopath as i imagine he is. in my dreams. my erotic dreams.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

trump should eviscerate them for that poo poo

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Pinterest Mom posted:

jeez the MRA rhetoric is getting pretty strong.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

im just saying that he needs to show that he is as much a violent vicious sociopath as i imagine he is. in my dreams. my erotic dreams.

"Is that Ivana Trump over there? Jeez, Willard, I mean Mitt, what are you thinking? Why would Ivana be at the Republican National Convention?"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

who is the enemy?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

My Imaginary GF posted:

who is the enemy?

he aint a bitchboy
he'll walk through the hills
and beat down a rich boy

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Pumroy posted:

he aint a bitchboy
he'll walk through the hills
and beat down a rich boy

after he rides the elevator
sharing his '76 Chevelle

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hear he is going to announce he no longer belongs to the cult of Mormonism and is a born again Christian.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

homeless poster posted:

The party is on a drunken bender right now but they'll sober up eventually and when they do, ol'mitt will be there, willing to take them back.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

katlington posted:

The party is on a drunken bender right now but they'll sober up eventually and when they do, ol'mitt will be there, willing to take them back.

Sorry, Ted Cruz already used the designated driver analogy. Mitt is somehow even more square than that.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can't quit the Mitt

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 23, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/if-donald-trump-is-the-problem-mitt-romney-isnt-the-solution/

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

(To the tune of the old Nickelodeon theme) Mitt-Mitt Mitt Mitt, Ma-Mitt Mitt Mitt, Mitt's my pre-si-deeeeent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the piles of sun-bleached bones are all the right height

• Locked thread