Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

a dead silence falls over the GOP convention as mitt romney rises up through a trap door in the stage. his smile is glossy, like the face of a man asphyxiated under plastic. his eyes dead and flat. "my friends," he says, "it is time." the exits slam shut and lock and the lights blow out one by one.

Starring Mark Strong in a wig.

Mr.48 has issued a correction as of 12:52 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I can feel it in my water. Its going to happen.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Oops

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

katlington posted:

I can feel it in my water. Its going to happen.

Ann? Is that you?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Another Romney/Clinton primary that will surely give way to a more fulfilling, hilarious general election campaign.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Mitt Romney - old rich out of touch white dude. Enjoys horse dancing, driving Cadillacs and friends with NASCAR team owners. Net worth: $250 million

Donald Trump - owns a gold plated jet, skyscrapers, golf courses. Can self fund 2 presidential campaigns and still be a billionare. Man of the people and beloved by blue collar workers.
Net worth: between 4 and 10 billion

Clearly we need Mitt in 2016 to stump the trump.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
how would mitt even compete with Trump? jesus christ that debate would be a fuckin' slaughter like watching Lebron dunk on a literal baby. (Please let this happen)

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Nastier Nate posted:

Mitt Romney... Net worth: $250 million

This number seemed astonishingly, unbelievably low to me given his track record... I didn't obsess about the primaries four years ago, so maybe this is old news to everyone here who did, but this is an interesting article on the topic from 2012: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...7057_story.html

My guess is he was above 1bn when his stakes in the funds in 2012 were realized, and even higher today after four years of market growth. Conservative/J-curve PE valuations would make it easy to fabricate a much lower net worth than he really had. Crazy to think that he was trying to pretend he was less wealthy, versus Trump's numbers fluctuating by billions depending on his mood today :psyduck:

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

thethreeman posted:

This number seemed astonishingly, unbelievably low to me given his track record... I didn't obsess about the primaries four years ago, so maybe this is old news to everyone here who did, but this is an interesting article on the topic from 2012: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...7057_story.html

My guess is he was above 1bn when his stakes in the funds in 2012 were realized, and even higher today after four years of market growth. Conservative/J-curve PE valuations would make it easy to fabricate a much lower net worth than he really had. Crazy to think that he was trying to pretend he was less wealthy, versus Trump's numbers fluctuating by billions depending on his mood today :psyduck:

Mitt Romney was trying to look less like a ridiculously wealthy and privileged member of the elite and failed miserably as every aspect of his personality showed that he was, lower reported wealth regardless.

Trump is trying to look like an insanely rich cultist of mammon who glories in how much wealth he possesses. He is being a lot more successful for the same reason mitt failed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i can only imagine a race between trump and romney would end with trump getting hacked to death with a fire axe while romney screams about restaurant reservations

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Romney turns up to the convention wearing a raincoat and a smile.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

i can only imagine a race between trump and romney would end with trump getting hacked to death with a fire axe while romney screams about restaurant reservations

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

UrbicaMortis posted:

Mitt Romney was trying to look less like a ridiculously wealthy and privileged member of the elite and failed miserably as every aspect of his personality showed that he was, lower reported wealth regardless.

My favorite part was when he was called out for having a car elevator and his comeback was “real estate is expensive in Malibu, so I need an underground garage and a car elevator to make the most of it”.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Platystemon posted:

My favorite part was when he was called out for having a car elevator and his comeback was “real estate is expensive in Malibu, so I need an underground garage and a car elevator to make the most of it”.

I can't believe they thought he had a chance. :allears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I said at the time that Romney should have just owned the car lift and said something to the effect of “I will make America so prosperous that every man can afford a car lift”.

Trump is proving me right.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
excuse me the car elevator was in la jolla, not malibu

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if theres one thing i cant stand its people misrepresenting my man the romster

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Can this stop being posted. It's a photoshop. Yeah it's really dumb of his campaign to have some children wear t-shirts that arranged a certain way spelled money. Just like it was really dumb of the white house to have Michelle Obama hold a white sign with a hash tag on it to be easy manipulated by anyone.

For any non believers http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/money.asp

Bloody Queef has issued a correction as of 21:20 on Nov 21, 2015

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mitt Romney has a normal, American family, the kind that has five kids.

(Not those kids, but in a staggering coincidence, he really does have five sons.)

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Nov 21, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Bloody Queef posted:

Can this stop being posted. It's a photoshop. Yeah it's really dumb of his campaign to have some children wear t-shirts that arranged a certain way spelled money. Just like it was really dumb of the white house to have Michelle Obama hold a white sign with a hash tag on it to be easy manipulated by anyone.

Yeah but R-Money is a sick rear end street name that Romney should have just owned while he was, um, what's the term, letting the dogs out?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Who? Who?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bloody Queef posted:

lol

Yeah, presidential campaigns are all about the hard facts.

Now how about that birth certificate.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Lord of Pie posted:

lol

Yeah, presidential campaigns are all about the hard facts.

Now how about that birth certificate.

Birth certificate truthers are the worst thing to happen to the GOP since the tea party

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Thump! posted:

Yeah but R-Money is a sick rear end street name that Romney should have just owned while he was, um, what's the term, letting the dogs out?

someone made this in 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bloody Queef posted:

Shocking. I am shocked !

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

The Boston Globe's new New Hampshire poll stumped the Trump

Bush: 2.8%
Carson: 6.8%
Christie: 2.4%
Cruz: 6.8%
Fiorina: 2.6%
Graham: 0.2%
Huckabee: 0.4%
Kasich: 6.4%
Pataki: 0.4%
Paul: 2.2%
Rubio: 6.2%
Santorum: 0.0%
Trump: 14.6%
Romney: 31.0%
Other: 0.2%
Undecided: 17.0%

:it's happening:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zas posted:

Mitt! It connotes Desperation!

:mitt:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pinterest Mom posted:

the rnc is already carrying water for mitt

r-money lookin' old and busted

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Zas posted:

Oh my god they're putting polls out with Romney in them. I love this election so much.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump is already threatening to go third party. ROMENTUM

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Is it bad that the only thing I remember about Romney is the "Binders Fulla Women" thing?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Matthewtheman posted:

Is it bad that the only thing I remember about Romney is the "Binders Fulla Women" thing?

Not really, but "47% of America won't support me" was pretty good too.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Please Proceed was a magic moment

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i liked when obama explained to him why our 21st century navy is not a 19th century navy

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 23, 2016

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
additional cuts from the hit album Binders Fulla Women:
Lemon/Wet/Good
The Trees Are the Right Height Here
Who Let the Dogs Out? (Who? Who?)
Ryan Ryan Romney Romney
Great Friends (NASCAR Owners)
Pet Dog (The Car Roof Song)

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jan 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Xenophon posted:

Lemon/Wet/Good

When a guy who doesn't actually want to be president gets tired on the campaign trail:
“Get out and vote next year, this November, I mean!” said Romney, wiping beads of sweat off his brow. At one point, stopping to guzzle a glass of lemonade, Romney was asked how it tasted, to which he replied, "Lemon. Wet. Good."

• Locked thread