Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what the gently caress is migf doing back

is he at least less manic than he used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

jfc france (from europol)

Guillaume DaretVerified account
‏@GuillaumeDaret
1er tour #Présidentielle2017

#LePen: 28%
#Sarkozy: 23%
#Hollande: 21%
#Bayrou: 12%

Sondage @IfopOpinion pour @lyoncap

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

looks like another round of escroc pas facho for france lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kustomkarkommando posted:

god drat it i really hope sarko doesn't run

he's likely going to be in prison once elections get going but lol if he isn't this is going to be so loving sad

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

you'd think there would be some number of UMP/Républicain centrists who would go to Bayrou rather than stick with The Blue Goblin there, but evidently not

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rollofthedice posted:

All I know about French politics is that they suck and are terrible. Everyone's an rear end in a top hat, and Marine Le Pen's the rear end in a top hat of assholes. The only people who vote are assholes who like the assholes, and everyone else is just too depressed by rampant corruption to bother.

This has been my report on French politics.

uh the last presidential election had roughly 80% turnout in both rounds, french politics actually have a significant mass base still

this is also part of how the FN has become so big, along with the french electoral system letting them say "look how unfairly marginalised we are abloobloobloo"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kant liked really bad racist jokes

as in, they were really bad and also racist, not that i imagine they were particularly racist for their time

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

megachain partisanism is v. sad imo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

visceril posted:

🚨IT'S FREAKY FRIDAY!!!!🚨

Freaky topic for the week: what's some weird, non-sexual thing you do that you hope no one IRL finds out about?

help affiliated groups try to do useless student politics apparently

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Luigi Thirty posted:

what is the objectively correct opinion w/r/t jenners of any variety

I know trans people mad that the attention sets unrealistic expectations about transitioning or something

who even cares, for real

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

well this is a bummer

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so the new thing about xenopohbic dogshits is that they do not understand what a state of emergency/exception is, right

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

This all happened because you doubted la pen

lol my friends there aren't responding and i'm getting wigged out despite it being in the middle of the night

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

poo poo, the chyron on cnn also says they've heard more explosions?

there's going to be total chaos for a while yet, nobody knows anything and there's wild speculation. some car could've crashed and been reported as another attack, for instance

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

How many of them where fans of hard rock

at least one that i know of

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Berke Negri posted:

are they like yesssss they closed the borderssssss

of course

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

dunno if the current government can survive this, hollande is going to have to do some rearrangements at the very least

two high-profile terrorist attacks under his watch is also not going to do wonders for his electability, one should think

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rollofthedice posted:

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has condemned the "despicable terrorist attacks" carried out in Paris.

"He demands the immediate release of the numerous individuals reportedly being held hostage in the Bataclan theatre," his spokesman said in a statement.

hah!

what's he supposed to say

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

well that's macabre

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

over a hundred would make is very bad

tbh the apparent complete breakdown in normal security operations and the dismal failure of intelligence to prevent seven or eight separate, co-ordinated attacks across one of the major metropolises of europe makes this very bad to begin with imo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

I'm still waiting on a solid timeline to be produced cause it still looks like it may have been a moving run and gun culminating in the theatre

well let's hope so, though that does not really make it much better

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

what does it mean that the border is closed? no one can get into paris or is this a refugee thing?

probably, all foreign flights and trains are suspended, border stations are closed &c

not likely to have much to do with refugees, this is probably to hinder any accomplices trying to escape in the chaos

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I thought of that too and it makes sense that France is doing it, but is Belgium doing it to stop people from entering?

probably on the reasoning that it's better to be safe than sorry

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHi5apc1lQ

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Badger of Basra posted:

based on the facebook group name they probably started the fire

reading on it, they do seem like a rather distasteful bunch

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

My Imaginary GF posted:

You have to give props to Germans: they not only killed Europe's most populous minority group, but also killed the empires which kept a lid on terrorism, thereby killing America's progressive strain and resulting in the death of progressive Europe at the hands of mismanagement of security policy implementation.

migf

die

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nintendo Kid posted:

reminder that boon is the guy who claims that he does "tom clancy stuff" in the navy as justification for claiming north korea is a real threat

also apparently so ignorant of french history he doesn't know why france might consider itself to have a special connection to the concept of human rights

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

CommieGIR posted:

Oh good, Boon has returned with PROOF of the radicalization of refugees. Gotta turn them back now France, they are all just terrorist seeds waiting to explode.

should never have let him get away from the whole "well refugees don't actually have rights" thing he was running, this is going to be much more of a hassle to shoot down

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTukY9fV9Y

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Poland arent taken in any refugees cause terrorism

also 'cos of their new, awful government

i always get taken aback somewhat at how awful polish politics are - most polish people you meet elsewhere are fairly level-headed, sensible people

then you remember that they are elsewhere and not, in fact, in poland

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

to a certain extent, one can understand that Eastern Europe is all "wait gently caress you guys this is your problem" re: the refugee crisis - they're much poorer, and countries like poland don't feel like they need to answer for the crimes of europe in the relevant regions - but it's a deeply irrational choice, given the depopulation these countries are undergoing and the excellent opportunity to import relatively young, fit people this crisis represents

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

also, fundamental human decency.

lol this is a terribly outmoded concept in modern politics where have you been the last thirty years

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cultivating a sense of human decency

this was a big mistake imo

decency will not pay the rent, even in professional ethics

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

There are some things we do not for their benefit to us, but because they are intrinsically good

this statement sounds ontologically problematic

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

I'm a moral non-naturalist so probably

this is probably the politest way to say "idgaf" i have seen in some time

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

aw i didn't get the bear hunting job :(

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

shame it looked incredibly fun

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Luigi Thirty posted:

Denmark's new policy re: refugees is to make them "pay" for their stay

This is accomplished by police now confiscating anything valuable from their luggage at gunpoint

to restate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTukY9fV9Y

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

That might actually be journalistic research failure/deliberate exaggregation. Task force "Snow Slavs" of the Randler group was informed that valuables are merely registered upon entry, not confiscated.

as of now we don't know a lot, but it's been aired as an alternative. one of the government's proposals is to make them pay for their stay beyond the 90 days it's allowed to do that at the present. in addition, this registration of valuables is supposed to make it easier for the state to seize said valuables to pay for housing. since nobody is going to have enough money on them to pay for housing and since the bureaucracy is insanely overworked yielding long processing times, it basically means "come to denmark, we take your poo poo"

from
http://www.stm.dk/publikationer/Asylpakke_15/%C6ndringer%20af%20vilk%E5r%20p%E5%20asylomr%E5det.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

CommieGIR posted:

What the flying gently caress happened overnight in the France thread, it went to hell in a handbasket.

events stopped unfolding, now they're discussing just how much islam is to blame for the attack

• Locked thread