Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
ad 1: christ isn't born

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I've got a whole bunch of driving lined up for thanksgiving and the following days:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

comes along bort posted:

you really shouldn't tell strangers on the internet your travel itinerary

they are free to try to narrow down the hundreds of matching partial addresses in each city/town in a mad race to try to egg my car or whatever the gently caress

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

Those roads won't be busy at all

the route already takes into account past thanksgiving traffic for optimal driving (hence why the boston to brigantine is routed by going out to the thruway rather than risking connecticut or the tappan zee or gwb)

Volkerball posted:

16 hours of driving and you're never not on the east coast. sounds like some kind of sick game.

it's a more pleasant 16 hours of driving then going from illinois to wyoming or whatever

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

comes along bort posted:

someone's never driven through delmarva

delmarva is the same landscape repeated for like, 2 hours tops.

driving cross the middle is the same landscape repeated for a good 20 hours if you speed, more if you don't, with only the brief interruption of the immediate mississippi crossing area.

Spaceman Future! posted:

amen to that, driving through the middle is torture. Theres always good sights if you're tracing either of the coasts though.

the ny thruway path down the valleys is pretty sweet. as is the masspike and a good deal of the garden state parkway.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spaceman Future! posted:

We have thought a few times of moving back to colorado to cut costs but I would just miss this area too much, the hudson valley is my favorite place for weekends and I dont want to leave it behind.

To be fair the i70 up,over and back down the Rockies to the west is rad as hell

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
When I drove cross country and back, I made sure to pull 1000-1200 mile days to minimize time spent in the boring areas

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spaceman Future! posted:

Yeah but its so DRY. I love it here in the east, its lush, things grow thick and pretty. I cant leave it, even if I do miss that butterscotch smell from the pines.

Living in the lands of plentiful water is pretty rad I do agree

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
On the day I was supposed to get from Cheyenne to Portland, i-80 was closed west of Cheyenne due to blizzard, and so were any paralleling surface roads.

So I had to detour through Denver, go across i70 deep into Utah, and come up through salt lake city. Finally just grabbing a hotel in Boise due to exhaustion.

But that whole section of i70 from the tunnel approach to the 120 mile stretch in Utah with no human habitation, to going down through lush snowy canyons for a surface road to i15 - it was loving gorgeous in the November snow

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Rye bread is great

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spaceman Future! posted:

Its pretty crazy when you pass green river and an hour later realize that there has been nothing, nothing at all anywhere around you for a very long time and if anything happened you would likely be super stone cold dead by the time a helicoper could get you to the hospital.

You can see dinosaur fossils in some of the cuts though, it's rad.

And the cell service is surprisingly good

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Volkerball posted:

anything that bitter better get me drunk or it can get out of my face

I've never had bitter rye bread. Only some that's a bit sweet

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paranoid randroid posted:

why the hell are you doing 16 hr days on the road, youre going to die

The alternative was more days in The Boring Middle.

Also back then I was on add meds so alertness wasn't an issue.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The best rye bread is from this Lithuanian Jewish bakery in Newark imo.

Also I have a friend who lives in Arcata and it sounds pretty bad, albeit a step up for them from "outlying former Plantation guest house on a compound outside Fayetteville, NC"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gravel Gravy posted:

Fayetteville isn't even the worst area of NC though

The owner of the property got arrested for trading drugs with the kkk and biker gangs on the land, which was a former slave plantation like 15 20 miles out of the city limits. It was pretty bad

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Hmmm... I have about 400mL of decent sake left after cooking a bunch. Does anyone know some kind of good mixed drink to use it up on, or should I just got out my cup and start downing it like water?

Use it in a marinade

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

PupsOfWar posted:

I think matt bevin aspires to national office, and it will be fun to watch him get crushed in a GoP presidential primary 4/8 years from now

bevin is simply not a trustworthy name.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fallout 4 sold 1.2 million copies on Steam in its first 24 hours of release.[59] With almost 470,000 concurrent Steam players on launch day, Fallout 4 broke Grand Theft Auto‍ '​s record for having the most concurrent online players in a Steam game not developed by Valve Corporation.[60] The game grossed $750 million in shipped sales, with the total number of units being 12 million, also in the first 24 hours.

for gta v

Within 24 hours of its release, Grand Theft Auto V generated more than $800 million in worldwide revenue, equating to approximately 11.21 million copies sold for Take Two.[110][n] The numbers nearly doubled analysts' expectations for the title.[112][113] Three days after release, the game had surpassed one billion dollars in sales, making it the fastest selling entertainment product in history

so fallout 4 is slightly more first 24 hour sales, but slightly less 24 hour revenue

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Berke Negri posted:

i think they finally managed to make a city feel like it was a city pre-war in fo4

like Boston is pretty huge

probably helps that boston itself ain't all that big irl, and inherently pretty densely packed.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kalstrams posted:

oh, eastern flavour of babychoom, i see

clipalippus is an italian who thinks mussolini did nothing wrong.

riso is an austrian who thinks hitler did nothing wrong

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Berke Negri posted:

well yeah, Vegas and dc werent nearly as huge in the 50s either though in vegas' case I think it was engine limitations and dc they kind of hosed the geography up

yeah i mean fallout 3 and new vegas both had to fit on the 360 and ps3 and still work, so there was additional constraints on what could be done. but even still there's just a lot more stuff in boston so even a cutdown version for 360/ps3 fitting would have probably felt better.

ThirdPartyView posted:

I thought he admitted that he (mostly) is trolling?

he is trolling in the same way that a guy who says "kill all blacks" but actually only wants to kill 99% of blacks is trolling

kalstrams posted:

all is left is to determine that horselord is from ex-ussr

sadly no, horselord is british and just really dumb.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

He's so god damned close.

reminder that boon is the guy who claims that he does "tom clancy stuff" in the navy as justification for claiming north korea is a real threat

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jagchosis posted:

lmao hes in a loving jdam crew

idk what that is but it sure doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would have access to classified data that says the north koreans are totally great at war after decades of not being near that.

does this essentially mean he loads missiles onto things?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh yeah he was the guy bragging about being rear end deep in classified information.

i mean he pulled the "my uncle works at nintendo and" thing, except he forgot that saying "i work at nintendo" screams bullshit even more

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sinnlos posted:

How much trouble could he get in?

a court martial and military jail

not sure how much trouble he can get into for bragging about classified info when the only thing classified is how many missiles he has to lug over to the planes each day, though

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't dislike steely Dan, but I sure couldn't name any songs though I've surely heard them hundreds of times

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Did the old red ones not have the same kind of range? It just seems like a recent concern

They had the range, but less people used to have lasers.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
northern europe consists of five countries: england, wales, scotland, ireland, and northern ireland

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gravel Gravy posted:

Who cares if the Happy Birthday song has been around forever, Disney incorporated the rights so :shrug:.

uh no, it was warner music who owned it, and then a court ruled earlier this year that the happy birthday copyright is unenforceable.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kalstrams posted:

that's why i wonder about t-x hours or whatever since i dont keep half of the globe memorized wrt the time zones

just remember that eastern us time is 5 hours behind whatever time it is in london (for all but like 2 weeks a year)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

PupsOfWar posted:

like everyone knows the most heavily liberal campuses are tiny, ideologically-active liberal arts colleges like reed and davidson

so you'd assume the most conservative campuses would be, correspondingly, various tiny christian schools

but nope, it's like A&M, baylor, auburn,

hows the opioids scene

well a buncha small christian schools these days are actually pretty progressive sects, while formerly small but real conservative ones often get sponsored by some conservative wackjob with money and get big.

ain't no megachurch dollars for like a mennonite or a moravian college

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paranoid randroid posted:

wait scratch that, wallace apparently won a bunch of the south. huh, did not know that.

"heritage not hate"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

As opposed to lieberman

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jagchosis posted:

madoka is about girls selling their souls to become magical child soldiers and immediately regretting what an extremely lovely decision they made. also the apocalypse is coming. it's worth watching because its got a great story, soundtrack and amazing mind gently caress acid visuals, particularly during the fight scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhAqw9OFs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNmQqqPB-U

rozen maiden had better battle sequences

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tesseraction posted:

I don't really remember them and I watched all three seasons

that's the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid