Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Sinnlos posted:

Ground Floor.

Welcome back MIGF

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

What gimmick does he have left?
being a microscopically short, annoying fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

full communism....now!
:agreed:

Oh, and lurkers scared to post in in D&D

:justpost:

It's really easy, I did it

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

god loving drat it, AA 24-hour probated Smoothrich, overriding the 100,000 hour probation he had just received
drat it

oh and MIGF, please stay the gently caress out of the Middle East thread, the I/P thread, USPol, and whatever else besides chat thread that you wish to "grace" with your wisdom

seriously, post here in chat thread but don't gently caress up a bunch of other threads, they're mostly readable now, especially the Middle East thread

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Also Sinjar is liberated, Al Hawl is liberated, and "Jihadi John" got killed in an airstrike in Raqqa:toot:

really bad week for ISIL

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=157766

PROBATION 11/13/15 10:56am Smoothrich Fixing the 100k hour probation I broke. User loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours. Cowcaster Cowcaster

Cowcaster fixed it.:toot:

now back that that old standby:
permanban/permaprobate MIGF

he obviously hasn't changed a bit, and everybody hates him

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

Gah what happened today
many things happened today, please specify

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

I was at a trial all day in Pittsburgh

So I've seen nothing
smoothrich was permaprobated

MIGF is back and needs to be permaprobated

Kurds kicked ISIL out of Sinjar and Al Hawl, and "Jihadi John" was killed in an airstrike on Raqqa

Lots of stuff about Fallout 4

MIGF is back and needs to be permaprobated, seriously he hasn't changed his posting at all

Trump compared Ben Carson to a child molester

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

has there been anybody from ye olde SA that was probated for 100000 hours and came back, 11 years later?
Probations were only implemented after SA had been around for a while, so I don't think the first one that was given out is done yet

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I mean it's not that bad of an explanation, it's just really, really dumb

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

visceril posted:

I never have, nor will I ever, play a fallout game

I have no loving clue what any of you are talking about.
same

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

I would use the M/E thread as an RSS but I don't like skipping pages so now I'm like three massacres behind the current information
just skim to get caught up

hell a page yesterday was mostly joking about metal-sounding operation names, or a lack thereof

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jagchosis posted:

suddenly paris is in the middle east i guess
when in doubt, blame ISIL for a terrorist attack

odds are it'll probably turn out correct

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Middle East thread is now being used as a livestream for the Paris thing, if anyone feels like embracing oblivion and horror

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
as is this thread, apparently

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
gently caress off MIGF, important and terrible things are happening right now

Luigi Thirty posted:

reports indicate they've taken hostages at a disco. Welp
gently caress:suicide:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

R. Mute posted:

the dedicated thread is already gbs af
what does this even mean?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

did you apologize for trolling the guy who is worried about his brother in paris

R. Mute posted:

no because it's still dumb as hell but at least he has a good reason
you probably should

it's like yeah people are freaked out, some of them have friends and family in Paris

I mean hell, didn't Petey have someone he knew killed in an attack?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

fits my needs posted:

What is the D&D justification and defense of the France terrorist attacks?
gently caress off

nobody is defending this

hell more than a few posters have friends and family in Paris, or are in Paris

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

fits my needs posted:

Um do you see what's going on in France right now? I wonder who did it......
ISIL or ISIL affiliated groups possibly/probably

we should help the people fighting ISIL, maybe even help the Yazidis kick ISIL out of Sinjar

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Pro-Assad rear end in a top hat in the Middle East thread

Was banned from the thread for a while, then came back

I yelled at him and it actually seems to have mostly worked, he generally stopped trolling the thread

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Berke Negri posted:

someone posted in the live thread that this is the largest terrorist attack in Frances history but that doesn't sound right to me
depends how you consider the stuff that happened in WW2

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Hollande, not Sarkozy

Oh yeah, doing a good job e-marx:
PROBATION 11/13/15 04:59pm Aspergeoisie Shut up. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Exclamation Marx Exclamation Marx
PROBATION 11/13/15 04:46pm L-Boned Shut up. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Exclamation Marx Exclamation Marx

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

I think he knows where, it's the quantity that trips him up

he must think some firecrackers are dropped and the Pres. dusts his hands and says "welp, that's good enough for the US"
show/tell him about Sinjar

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Berke Negri posted:

first glance I was like woah poo poo fade5 is really starting to push the envelope rn bit then remembered migf is back
not sure if I should be insulted or not

I already said I hated the MSF bombing, and that it was terrible

ThirdPartyView posted:

Pining for another month-long vacation, eh? I'm sure ExMarx can set you up with one if you want...
MIGF really needs another month vacation, or rather a 100,000 hour vacation

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Berke Negri posted:

it was more confusion than expectation
oh, that's okay then

Aeryk posted:

it's fine, euph didn't take his Metamucil this morning so he's all backed up
lol

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Soup du Jour posted:

jesus christ and a tsunami alert in japan. hell of a day
and it started out so well too

kalstrams posted:

ugh, come here wikipedia... :smith:
short version: Gaddafi was most likely responsible, and the day after Libyan rebels killed Gaddafi, the newspaper The Sun posted a picture of him injured/dead with the caption "That's For Lockerbie, Gaddafi"
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3884974/Thats-for-Lockerbie-Gaddafi.html

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

Unless I misread it long ago saying Gadaffi was most likely behind Lockerbie is like saying John Wayne Gacey most likely took his clown routine a little too far.
I'm a little hazy on whether it's been confirmed that Gaddafi personally ordered the attack, but he's definitely responsible no matter what

unrelated:

Joementum posted:

"When we pulled back we allowed the energy to form to create ISIS. Hopefully this will be a catalyst to the president to lead." ~ Jeb! Bush
gently caress off and die Jeb!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
:smithicide:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Why France?
apparently in this case it's specifically because France is intervening in Syria (and Iraq, and sub-Saharan Africa)

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah, again it was apparently in response to French action in syria.
https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/status/665323872422486016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

So are a lot of countries. Is french security poo poo or are they worse to their muslim citizens than other countries?
well there was that bombing in Lebanon

as scary as it is to realize, there's only so much that can be done to prevent terrorist attacks without going full totalitarian

R. Mute posted:

welp my attempts at cynicism were unsuccessful and now i 100% care damnit
welcome to the care zone

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 14, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

i am not sure how to respond to this other than rightous anger
I'm more sad than angry.

In a way I'm also slightly glad this still depresses me after following so much stuff in the Middle East.

Gravel Gravy posted:

hillexplodey.jpg
like seriously did this dumbfuck not see all the Sinjar stuff literally yesterday and today?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

corn in the bible posted:

he also said that this was inevitable because "some kurds still don't have guns yet"
I give up, this is short-circuiting my brain

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

seriously e-marx can you probate MIGF already, he's just back to his usual dumb poo poo

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

i'm just waking up and :stonk:
welcome to hell, friend

ThirdPartyView posted:

Mayhaps let him join his best bud Smoothrich in permaprobation?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Exclamation Marx posted:

i'm just doing the idiots who are saying that muslims at large are to blame atm
then do us a solid and knock MIGF, please

for six hours at least, please

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

I was gonna watch Beasts of No Nation tonight, but I think I've settled on the less depressing Rosemary's Baby
Probably a good call.

Also MIGF is still lacking a probation.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
So ISIL officially claimed responsibility for the Paris attacks, and released statements in Arabic and French
https://twitter.com/siteintelgroup/status/665480883596587008

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
oh yeah, some good news:

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Word on the ground is Daesh is considerably weakened from their losses. The pesh believe the ISIS guys they're seeing now are just common grunts and locals who joined up, not the more elite fighters they saw at first. They have no doubt that there are still plenty of daesh guys around in some of the bigger cities and leading the smaller units, but the majority aren't what they used to be. Capturing Sinjar was "Way too loving easy" in the words of one of my contacts on the ground.
Looks like the "degrade" part of "degrade and ultimately destroy ISIL" is working

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh yeah, democratic debate tonight, and uh
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/us/politics/democratic-debate-to-get-new-terrorism-focus-after-paris-attacks-cbs-says.html

quote:

In the hours after the deadly attacks in Paris, CBS News significantly reworked its plans for the Democratic presidential debate it is hosting here on Saturday night to focus more on issues of terrorism, national security and foreign relations.

Steve Capus, the executive editor of CBS News and the executive producer of “CBS Evening News,” said in an interview late Friday that he was in the middle of a rehearsal for the debate when news broke about the slaughter in Paris.

The CBS News team immediately shifted gears and reformulated questions to make them more directly related to the attacks. Mr. Capus said it was important for the debate to go on because the world looks to the American president for leadership during international crises.

“American leadership is put to the test,” Mr. Capus said. “The entire world is looking to the White House. These people are vying to take over this office.”

“This is exactly what the president is going to have to face,” he added.

Mr. Capus said the news team had planned a different debate, but “there is no question that the emphasis changes dramatically.”...

...“It is the right time to ask all the related questions that come to mind,” he added. “We think we have a game plan to address a lot of the substantive and important topics.”

“Last night’s attacks are a tragic example of the kinds of challenges American presidents face in today’s world, and we intend to ask the candidates how they would confront the evolving threat of terrorism,” said Christopher Isham, CBS News vice president and Washington bureau chief....
It's gonna be foreign policy. I mean I like Bernie, but foreign policy is not one of his strong points, and so he may just spend quite a bit of the debate agreeing with a lot of what Hillary says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

oh boy rsf is going to be a loving shitshow

more than it is already even

9 PM eastern U.S. time
On the plus side, Bernie can always bring up "I voted for Kosovo and Afghanistan, and I support airstrikes on ISIL" which will help shore him up somewhat, but the Bernouts will probably hit the ceiling on being constantly reminded that Bernie is not an isolationist.

• Locked thread