Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

also she killed that guy in the car accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i bought fo4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do you talk to someone about lovely language usage and not have them shut down about it

Rape seems to be a big one on like 'c'mon man don't say that'

there is no way to do this that it doesnt become a whole thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

basically don't laugh at their bad racist jokes until they confront you about it and then you just shrug and say i don't find rape jokes funny sorry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

it's pretty cool

yesterday i was in power armor attacking a super mutant compound when a helicopter crashed into the structure as I was in it, raining fire down on me as I'm dodging missile attacks from mutants

I was like "nice"

heh.

so are you supposed to just make one of your settlements very nice or all of them very nice at once. sanctuary is fukken huge and id rather just deal with the gas station tbh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hmmm

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i gotta get an xbox controller for my pc tho, don't like how it works w/ keyboard and mouse

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

i do have two sets of power armor suits now though, one for T45d armor in minutemen paint and a raider set that looks like something out of wh40k

do you have to do a specific str build to take advantage of power armor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

also how locked in to builds do you get, rn i'm doing a gunslingerish build with gun perks and high percep and agility but who knows if thatll be any good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

so i guess yall have probably lolled at russia accidentally revealing a secret weapon on TV but did you guys see what the weapon was

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i couldnt figure it out exactly, was it an unmanned submarine or a small underwater drone with a single nuke attached

it's a torpedo w/ a cobalt tipped HE warhead to depopulate costal cities

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

oh so a somehow even deadlier nuke

its a dirty bomb

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

okay, other than giving non-ballistic subs a nuclear strategic purpose, why is this a big deal when slbms exist

making a city unihabitable for 10k years is crazy ivan poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but this capability already existed with submarine launched ballistic missiles

i thought that radiation from a modern nuclear weapon was generally short termed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nuclear bombs are terrifying but also insanely cool

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

whats yalls fave nuke explosion

mines castle bravo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

this is slate as all gently caress

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

crossroads able is #2 because of the Demon Core

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

did you ever read Hickman's Manhattan Projects because I feel like you might dig it

waitin on a sale

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aeryk posted:

gentlemen, what if would blew up a bunch of our own ships. would it be as cool as I'm imagining? -- some general

we had so much ww2 surplus poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

the_paradigm_shift posted:

PROBATION11/13/15 09:34amSmoothrichI told you not to post in Games you dumb racist weirdo gently caress. User loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours

Lol

got 'em

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i dont really want to politicize cancer research but movember smacks of when's-white-history-monthery to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sharkie posted:

unselfaware straight men.

yeah they're targeting where the money is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

idk why we have to have dumb gimmicks for cancer research

cancer is bad enough

because komen stacks ridiculous amounts of cash by being a lifestyle brand

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

marketers aggressively masculinize yogurt and diet soda

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R. Mute posted:

men are pathetically insecure

well marketers think they are i cannot imagine that Man Tools Skin Care branding actually works on people

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finally I can drink Dr Pepper without being gay, the worst possible thing to be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

women though, super not insecure

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

when are they gonna feminize beef jerky

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aeryk posted:

beef herky

:crossarms:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zeal posted:

it comes from some of his surviving captives. he was part of a group of four ISIS dudes with British accents that they called the Beatles

Jihadi Jorge, the quiet ISIS kidnapper

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Everything is made up, collective OP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

Guillaume DaretVerified account
‏@GuillaumeDaret
1er tour #Présidentielle2017

#LePen: 28%
#Sarkozy: 23%
#Hollande: 21%
#Bayrou: 12%

Sondage @IfopOpinion pour @lyoncap

Gonna be a fun run off

lePen is the fascist national front party right

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

it was no shave vember and then a canny marketer at some cancer research fund was like, lets monetize this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sharkie posted:

One difference is that masculinity to valued more highly than femininity; men's fragility is associated with keeping power and maintaining gendered roles whereas women's insecurity can be seen as a reaction to having to obtain power and survive within imposed gendered roles. Plus men are insecure about their masculinity whereas women tend not to be insecure about their femininity, though of course some can be I guess.

Also "women are insecure" is a stereotype, whereas men are generally told they're not insecure or should not be at the risk of not being manly, therefore pointing out that men are super insecure is both true and also useful.

also i've met more insecure men than women

sure thing bud

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

sharkie i thought the whole critique of the cosmo-axis cottage industry was preying upon and reinforcing women's widespread insecurity about their femininity

have i completely misunderstood this?

no, all humans are insecure, it's the loving human condition

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

anyways i thought the consensus on breast cancer awareness month is its just a big fundraising plot by komen and the real issue for women isnt random screenings which doesn't change much and women being able to afford actual treatment when they find out they have breast cancer

that is the consensus yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

it turns out people have rediscovered rubio wanting to do immigration reform once so he's out i'm afraid

rubio's the only one im even remotely nervous about, but i dont see how he survives actual probing into his financials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

incidence of colorectal cancer is 65 in 100k

• Locked thread