Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Just for fun, I decided to go back and look at all the coaches the Bills have had since their last good coach, Marv Levy to show you what we're basing this on

Wade Phillips
1998-2000

Record with the Bills: 29-19
Playoffs: Lost 2 games

Gregg Williams
2001-2003

Record with the Bills- 17-31
Playoffs: lol no

Mike Mularkey
2004-2005

Record with the Bills- 14-18
Playoffs: bitch please

Dick Jauron
2006-2009

Record with the Bills- 24-33
Playoffs- gently caress this guy, deserved to be fired

Perry Fewell
2009-2009

Record with the Bills- 3-4
Playoffs- No but blame Jauron for this, since he was just the interim for the rest of the season, no hate for this dude

Chan Gailey
2010-2012

Record: 16-32 (.333 win rate, the worst of the lot)
Playoffs: nooooooooooope (but he was a classy dude and honestly i wish him the best)

Doug Marrone
2013-2014

Record: 15-17
Playoffs: two wins away from making the playoffs in 2014, since they went 9-7 (the first winning season the Bills have had since 2004 under Mike Mularkey) But gently caress him anyways.

Rex Ryan

Record: 5-4
Playoffs: wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Awesome win for the Bills.

When we first got McCoy I didn't know what to think especially with our history of amazing players at that position but holy gently caress is this guy good. Running for over 100 yards against the Jets is amazing and each one those runs at the end just broke them.

Hell of a game for him. Karlos is studly himself but a different style of runner. All I can say is I now understand why he is special and was so loved in Philly.

Defensively the Bills secondary and the Jets Dline were great.

It's easy to watch the game and complain about the ugliness of it but good defense creates ugly football just as Nike creates ugly uniforms.

Good competitive game that actually had some scoring in it. Hopefully week 17 will mean something for one or both of us.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Just for fun, I decided to go back and look at all the coaches the Bills have had since their last good coach, Marv Levy to show you what we're basing this on

This is the same justification that Raiders fans used to try and defend Bruce Gradkowski as a good quarterback

Rex is an okay coach

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Chan Gailey
2010-2012

Record: 16-32 (.333 win rate, the worst of the lot)
Playoffs: nooooooooooope (but he was a classy dude and honestly i wish him the best)

Counterpoint from a Georgia Tech fan: gently caress Chan Gailey

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Something about Gailey's press conference when he had been fired was one of like one of the most sad things. It was like he like personally walked up to every Bills fan and was filled with real remorse and said that he was sorry that he failed them. He also said that the Bills were the only team that fired him that he would still root for.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yeah well he also had Calvin Johnson in college and didn't do poo poo with him so no remorse from tech fans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Big Jesus posted:

Yeah well he also had Calvin Johnson in college and didn't do poo poo with him so no remorse from tech fans

Hard to do much when your QB is Reggie Ball

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yeah its hard to find an average qb in four years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pasaluki posted:

Something about Gailey's press conference when he had been fired was one of like one of the most sad things. It was like he like personally walked up to every Bills fan and was filled with real remorse and said that he was sorry that he failed them. He also said that the Bills were the only team that fired him that he would still root for.

yeah it was really sad

i mean he sucked as a HC but he was a stand-up guy. Can't really blame him for failing when so many others did the same.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also wade phillps looks stumpy as gently caress in the picture i posted of him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Big Jesus posted:

Yeah its hard to find an average qb in four years
average would be a monumental improvement on what georgia tech has fielded at qb over the past decade

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Since Paul Johnsons arrival: Nesbitt and Thomas have been great option QBs and while fans were split over Washington he was at least average. Van Lee was the only qb I'd call below average. That covers the last 7 years or so.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Bills Bitch.

Even when Taylor can't make the big plays due to the Defence, McCoy makes the difference.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

As an unbiased observer the bills are cool and Jets are lame

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

PrinceRandom posted:

As an unbiased observer the bills are cool and Jets are lame

this is true. i also like how mcmagic thought i was a bills fan last night :lol:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
As a biased observer, I thought Rex leaving would cause me to get less enjoyment from watching the Jets blunder around. I was wrong, and I think mcmagic is part of the reason why.

Shine on you crazy, bitter, salty little diamond. :allears:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

In victory, Rex Ryan was still the biggest loser

Ian O'Connor, ESPN Senior Writer posted:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- No matter what was written or said about Rex Ryan, football coach, as his New York Jets program came undone, this generous qualifier was usually attached to the thought: At least Rex is a nice guy.

Ryan was a nice guy when he failed to honor his money-back guarantees, when he put his quarterback in harm's way in a preseason game, when he pieced together four consecutive non-winning seasons and when he attended a Florida MMA show and gave the finger to some Miami Dolphins who wanted to meet him.

Article goes on about how "Ryan exposed himself as a not-so-nice guy after all by walking his talk and sending out IK Enemkpali as one of his captains for the coin toss. "

lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
LMAO what the gently caress, how did the NFL not see that those uniforms would be indistinguishable to like 5% of the male population?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Petite Dinklage posted:

In victory, Rex Ryan was still the biggest loser

Article goes on about how "Ryan exposed himself as a not-so-nice guy after all by walking his talk and sending out IK Enemkpali as one of his captains for the coin toss. "

lol

Bitchmade fuckboy detected :siren:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Please do not post pictures of Gregg Williams wearing a gold Fleur-de-lis, tyvm.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I enjoy getting kicked in the dick; thus Jets fandom.

Ivory is trucking in the 2nd half and Gailey/Fitz kept checking to loving bubble screens. Bubble loving screens. That pisses me off. No problem with Bowles going for it on the 4th downs though. I want him to be aggressive in those situations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wade Phillips has a nice gut, a Head Coaches gut.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

The Bills are better than the Jets and the Dolphins.

Rex Ryan is a good coach.

I hope you really believe both of those things so that you will be as disappointed this season and for as long as Rex is the Bills' coach as us Jet fans were in his 6 years here.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 13, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

bills schedule
@NE L
@KC W
HOU W
@PHI W
@WAS W
DAL L
NYJ W

10-6 whats up

jets schedule

@HOU W
MIA W
@NYG L
TEN L
@DAL L
NE L
@BUF L

7-9 see ya later

The Bills will be lucky to win 3 more games this season, same for the Jets.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Oh man this is so much better than my wildest dreams.

This is on the front page of ESPN they should title it:

"Rex Ryan is a meanie-poo who beat my favorite team and I'm sooooo mad about it!"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Ravens will be awarded a first down after gaining 28 yards on 4th and 29 again and get a wild card

Agreed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

ladies and gentlemen, your 9-4 buffalo bills
lmao if you think the bills will beat the pats

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pasaluki posted:

"Rex Ryan is a meanie-poo who beat my favorite team and I'm sooooo mad about it!"
Ian O'Connor has consistently been making GBS threads on Rex for about 5 years.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

As much as I love mocking him, unless Rex Ryan was responsible for acquiring Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith there is only so much I can blame him for the Jets not being better than they were.

I mean, Mark Sanchez was literally the worst quarterback to keep his starting job at least 4 seasons in the history of football. And he got 2 good playoff runs out of that poo poo anyway.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/8/4598028/mark-sanchez-jets

And then Geno Smith was worse.

Brian Schottenheimer is an OC punchline, but what do you do, fire him after 2012 so you can win the bidding war with the Eagles for Pat Shurmur or some poo poo, because what good OC wants to work with that garbage pile?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rex 100% wanted to move up for Sanchez. That was his guy. He has just gotten the Jets gig and wanted to draft his franchise QB. He got a goddamn tattoo of Sanchez. Rex was also behind the Tebow acquisition, although not as starting QB. He just wanted to run Wildcat with him.

He made a lot of horrific decisions regarding the offensive direction of the team. No need to whitewash it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Wade Phillips
1998-2000

Record with the Bills: 29-19
Playoffs: Lost 2 games

The Titans shocked the Bills so badly on that kickoff return that the Bills don't want to go to the playoffs ever again :(

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
That was hard to watch, seeing as we almost blew a 19-point lead. McCoy owns, Baccari Rambo lived up to his name, and we have our first winning strike of the season, so it worked out well.
In summation: CIRCLE THE WAGONS GO BILLS BITCH!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ozu posted:

Rex 100% wanted to move up for Sanchez. That was his guy. He has just gotten the Jets gig and wanted to draft his franchise QB. He got a goddamn tattoo of Sanchez.

No he didn't.

He got a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey :staredog:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Rex 100% wanted to move up for Sanchez. That was his guy. He has just gotten the Jets gig and wanted to draft his franchise QB. He got a goddamn tattoo of Sanchez. Rex was also behind the Tebow acquisition, although not as starting QB. He just wanted to run Wildcat with him.

He made a lot of horrific decisions regarding the offensive direction of the team. No need to whitewash it.

And his in game coaching (just like it was last night) was an utter embarrassment.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Rex's teams are always right on that cusp of being really good, but will do some dumbass poo poo during games and the season. Rex is like 80% a great coach, he needs to find an assistant to figure out whatever the issue is with the jankyness of every team he coaches.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

And his in game coaching (just like it was last night) was an utter embarrassment.

Much like Toilet Bowels

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

No he didn't.

He got a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey :staredog:

Which he then changed to a tattoo of his wife wearing the jersey of our punter ...which is a thing I guess.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pasaluki posted:

Which he then changed to a tattoo of his wife wearing the jersey of our punter ...which is a thing I guess.

Uses his feet

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Much like Toilet Bowels
Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Much like Toilet Bowels

It wasn't good but Bowles has been a HC for 9 games, not 7 years. We'll see what he is...

• Locked thread