Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I do not know how to process the Dolphins sucking mildly less than the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They can't run a play, surely?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
This set of games was the best set of awful games we will see in some time.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

I have to give Dan Campbell props for continuing to run the ball despite getting down big early. If Philbin is still in charge the Dolphins have 8 carries total on the day.

I didn't get to see the game so I don't know if the lack of vertical passes was due to good coverage or crappy game plan but it's normally the gameplay.

What happened to the read option? A game like today's would have been perfect to unleash that a couple times when you're having trouble running and throwing the ball for any positive gain.

Couple of deep balls, one connected, one off target, one perfect throw awful drop.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

commieB posted:

everyone who deserved to win this week won

Counterpoint: the Miami football Dolphins won despite giving up a safety for the third consecutive week, having their entire defense outrun by Brent Celek and being fooled by the same play four times in four drives.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

sometimes you just run into a powerhouse team like the miami dolphins and it's a reality check

The Dolphins are the Three Mile Island of powerhouses.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Elephanthead posted:

Nooooooo! Not sure any team is going to fall for the Ryan charm and bring back my sure fire gamboling strategy.

Dolphins will whiff on Payton and then hire Ryan.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

DariusLikewise posted:

the Rams ran 28 pass plays and 8 runs plays

Are you sure they haven't hired Joe Philbin as an offensive consultant?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Magicpants posted:

Patriots remaining schedule:
vs Bills
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Texans
vs Titans
@ Jets
@ Dolphins

Panthers remaining schedule:
vs YouLikeThats
@ Cowboys
@ Saints
vs Falcons
@ Giants
@ Falcons
vs Buccaneers

Can't for the 19-0 Super Bowl

I look forward to the 8-7 Dolphins welcoming the 15-0 Patriots with some momentum and a three game winning streak, needing a win for a chance at the last wildcard.

And I look forward to them getting utterly shithoused 62-0 and Bill Belicheck grinning like a smug-rear end fucker as he calls flea flickers with 2 minutes left.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TyroneGoldstein posted:

You really want little Jimmy G to be kneecapped like that? For shame.

I am confident that whoever was under center, be it Brady, Garroppolo or Doug Flutie, we'd still get crushed, go to 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins are an eternal disappointment to a good family.

So no wonder I root for them :(

• Locked thread