Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

troofs posted:

Finally got to watch the giants game. Compared with how I was expecting the game to go (the patriots scoring 100 points), losing to the best team in the league by a point sounds fine on paper but what a way to do it :sigh:

It's good to see them play well against a quality opponent, though. And the division is awful, so there's still a chance to make the playoffs. Silver linings.

Well, once you start your 2nd year center as right tackle you are probably no longer the best team in the league on that day. Not to mention the fact Coughlin seems to be some kind of Belichick cryptonite.

But after 7 dark years of uncertainty and strife a hero has arrived from Vicksburg, Mississippi, not only to break the curse of the 4th ring for Brady but also to slay the Giant named Eli. If only the blood toll on his team were not so high, we might be looking forward to the 5th ring.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
LoL

Andy Dalton is such a soft little bitchboy. After JJ Watt said they made "the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB gun"

he said

quote:

"I am disappointed in him for the integrity of this game," the Bengals quarterback said. "I have a lot of respect for him. He's a really good player. And so there's a lot of kids and a lot of people that look up to him. And for him to make comments like that, it just shows that it's acceptable to do that kind of stuff and say that kind of stuff. So I mean, it's disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that.

"I think J.J. is a good player but for him to be one of the best in this league and just show that integrity and show that type of -- you know it shows what he's about, which is disappointing."

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

tarbrush posted:

I look forward to the 8-7 Dolphins welcoming the 15-0 Patriots with some momentum and a three game winning streak, needing a win for a chance at the last wildcard.

And I look forward to them getting utterly shithoused 62-0 and Bill Belicheck grinning like a smug-rear end fucker as he calls flea flickers with 2 minutes left.

To be honest, I'd rather have Bill send out the practice squad and keep our people healthy. God knows what someone like Suh would do in the last 2 minutes in such an situation and I'd rather have Brady healthy for the play-offs.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
I guess JJ Watt will now get suspended for 4 games to protect the integrity of the game?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Can't we all just root for not-the-Patriots?

I guess you don't like winning do you?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Ehud posted:

What does it profit a fan to gain a Lombardi trophy but lose his soul

worldly pleasure

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

troofs posted:

I dunno dude, their schedule isn't that scary. There's maybe a random loss to Denver or a divisional loss in there but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they went undefeated in the regular season.

The postseason is another question. Looking back on it now, their schedule has been kind of a cupcake outside of the steelers game and the bills and jets, maybe the pats aren't quite as good as we think? nope they're going undefeated

Who should we be afraid of in the post-season pre-Super Bowl? We already beat the Steelers and Colts, the AFC East is our bitch anyway, the Bengals are the Bengals and the Broncos might have a QB situation that's about as bad as it gets (well, not Houston/Browns level sad but still) so that leaves probably 1 WildCard spot open, but who is going to get that and challenge the Patriots?

And in the Super Bowl? As long as it's not the Giants I feel confident that Goodell will have to give the next Lombardi to Brady.

19-0 here we come.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Pats will not make it to the championship game because they are a FRAUD (trademark) team and thus will fail.

But we are actually good at cheating. Maybe if the Bengals were as good at cheating as we are they would have won a play-off game in the last 24 years*. Just a thought.

*During that time the Patriots won 4 Super Bowls and 7 AFC titles.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 19, 2015

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

WugLyfe posted:

kneel every down, no injuries to starters or backups

Can you even imagine what would happen if Bill did that?

It would be glorious to see.

But he won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Nouveau riche though. For anyone over 30 with an acceptable level of breeding, the word "Patriots" immediately conjures images of a trash-caliber franchise and tepid crowds more concerned with the latest Johnny Damon gossip than anything happening on the foot-ball pitch or whatever it's called. The Pats know this is how the real aristocracy views them, which is why they always come across as so grasping and desperate. Maybe in a decade or two they'll find acceptance and lose the insecurity. Who can tell.

What are the 49ers or Raiders than?

Families that lost all their riches and whose daughters now work as hookers?

• Locked thread