Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

pasaluki posted:

Your joke reminds me of something interesting. The red Bills helmet that some people wanted them to wear last night actually exists because of colorblindness. Our quarterback during that time, Joe Ferguson couldn't see certain colors and was throwing a poo poo-ton of interceptions because all of the AFCE teams had white helmets including the Patriots.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Untold-uniform-stories-Fergie-behind-helmet-color-change/363e8e60-8573-42ac-8f4a-2bb56169e127

I didn't know there was an actual colourblindness issue involved, I thought it was just because all the white helmets made picking out your receivers difficult, and the red helmets would make them stand out.

(Bring back the red helmets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Do colorblind people also have problems with the USC - UCLA games? They are the only other two solid color matchups I can think of.

Most colourblindness affects the ability to see red or green. So they might have trouble seeing the USC unis, but the UCLA unis should be alright.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

More teams need to go matte helmets, like the Vikes or 50% of the Jags.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

fsif posted:

I'm fully preparing myself for a Jets victory in Week 17, thereby knocking the Bills out of the playoffs. This world exists to punish Rex Ryan for his hubris.

But I'll ride this high until next Monday.

Bills breaking the drought would be good enough, to be fair.

Would would be the new drought if they did?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Raiders and Browns are tied at 12 seasons.

In that case, ahahah get hosed Browns.

(This post is going to come back to haunt me when the Raiders lose the WC game, isn't it?)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's a night of contrasts. On one hand, I want a stone tablet carved only with the words "gently caress THE PATRIOTS".

On the other hand ahahahahahaha get hosed broncos.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The Raiders offense is poo poo-hot. However, a rad offense means nothing if you're letting guys make 80 yard runs.

I can only imagine Reggie McKenzie is currently working out just how many defensive backs he can take in a single draft.

Murray carrying 4 Vikings with him to pick up a first down was :krad: though.

Also, Cooper is the best rookie in the league.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 16, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Peyton is retiring after this year. He has his record, and is presumably richer than god. Why should he care anymore.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

The announcers and me and everyone I saw the game with yesterday were trying to figure out what the hell happened on that kick. The replays showed it wasn't blocked so everyone just assumed it was somehow the holder, but to get your own hand in the way of the kick is probably something you don't even consider happening :laffo:

It's not even mentioned in coaching because one would assume "DON'T BLOCK YOUR OWN KICK" is a given.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Don't forget Kirk Cousins getting a defensive coordinator fired

Also Saints firing Rob Ryan and replacing him with a man the Raiders left behind in London last year after 4 games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Rob Ryan is the defensive coordinator he was referring to :ssh:

It's me I'm the idiot :downs:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Can't we all just root for not-the-Patriots?

Anybody But The Patriots is the default fanbase.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

In comparison, the Raiders are the old money fallen on hard times. Except now, the youngest son has a promising career again.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NC-17 posted:

But he's probably going to piss it away on strippers in LA.

Then end up in prison for DUI doing burnouts in a Walmart parking lot.

C'est la vie.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

fsif posted:

Those Super Bowl rings are basically stone lions in front of a New Jersey McMansion.

This is what I will tell myself.

Buffalo Bills: The Lower Middle Class of the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hmmm, ok. Tom (Gates)"if I cheat my way to enough super bowl wins, they'll be forced to love me as much as they love Peyton(Jobs)"

I'll allow it

I presume Eli is Wozniak in this situation.

• Locked thread