Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

lol they'll beat you by 24 in the playoffs
it's almost impossible for the patriots to match up with the bengals unless you assume the bengals win a playoff game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Crimson Sox posted:

Edelman has a broken foot :smith:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Well, that makes 16-0 harder but that can be gotten over by the playoffs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hahahahaha I guess Eli didn't watch the super bowl

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Man I can't wait for Tom Brady to fall apart. Maybe then you'll finally stop being so :smug:

no then we get to continually measure every quarterback in the league against the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time, Tom Brady, and find them wanting

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's not even mentioned in coaching because one would assume "DON'T BLOCK YOUR OWN KICK" is a given.

the patriots also struggled on what not to do when returning a punt this week too

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Febreeze posted:

You'd be surprised how quickly winning spoils you

I mean, I would be devastated if my team was 9-1 after next week.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm sorry the bengals lost to who? Did ESPN get hacked?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magnetic North posted:

There is a contingent in the local media that wants the Pats to lose a game just so that this won't happen. As you might imagine, they are being crucified by the 19-0 TB12 Revenge Tour fans.

Losing a game won't make winning the super bowl any easier, and a fifth super bowl ring is nowhere near as great as a 19-0 suck it goodell ring.

I mean, it's still good and I will not be sad if they go 14-2 and win the super bowl, I just won't be as happy as if they don't lose those games.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'll say it again. No fanbase deserves the success they have had less than patriot fans.

hey, find me one team that would rather their team lose some games than not lose some games

well, you know, besides lovely teams competing for draft position

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

What does it profit a fan to gain a Lombardi trophy but lose his soul

pfft, we gained more than one

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Athanatos posted:

Who the heck remaining is going to beat them? None of their remaining games will even be within 25 points.

The Broncos defense is still good and could make it a low-scoring game. Who knows, Brock could also be good.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

Julian Edelman: The Real MVP

he really should have been the super bowl mvp

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Parmesan Basil posted:

You will try that on a smart team and you will be caught and have your titles stripped and Brady will be banned from the hall for life. As he deserves.

we DID get caught, yet here we are :smugdog:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

going to be mighty sad if the colts don't make the playoffs this year and we don't get to continue the tradition of getting a freebie playoff game where we pound them into the dirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Nouveau riche though. For anyone over 30 with an acceptable level of breeding, the word "Patriots" immediately conjures images of a trash-caliber franchise and tepid crowds more concerned with the latest Johnny Damon gossip than anything happening on the foot-ball pitch or whatever it's called. The Pats know this is how the real aristocracy views them, which is why they always come across as so grasping and desperate. Maybe in a decade or two they'll find acceptance and lose the insecurity. Who can tell.

buncha captains of the steel and shipping industry laughing about that upstart bill gates

• Locked thread