Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Enjoy it bills fans. You got the win but you have THAT as your coach for the forseeable future.

A coach that beats the Jets all the time?

Sounds like a good deal imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

PrinceRandom posted:

As an unbiased observer the bills are cool and Jets are lame

this is true. i also like how mcmagic thought i was a bills fan last night :lol:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
sam bradford is our only hope to be competent on offense.

let that sink in.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
also we somehow, despite being 4-5 are still right in the thick of the nfc east hunt.

assuming the giants lose to the pats and are 5-5 (if they're 6-5 just add one game to all these)...

washington is half a game out at 4-5. philly is too but washington has the tiebreaker.

dallas is only 2.5 games back at TWO AND loving SEVEN

our division is garbage.

Febreeze posted:

And a pre-emptive :smith: about the Giants

bill belichek's dark magic can't work against the giants. its his one weakness. giants will win.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Neither is losing to the Jags by 53-yard FG with time gone because Dumervil committed a facemask on a last-second play

(congrats JT Jag)

just the first piece of the puzzle that leads us to the afc south champion jaguars at 6-10

shyduck posted:

I was given tickets to the Eagles/Bucs game next weekend for my birthday. Any joy I had leading up to this is kinda gone now. I'm sure it'll pick back up, but holy poo poo, what a kick to the teeth. This was putrid.

i had tickets to the game against the saints after we blew it against washington. they came out and went nuts so uhhh...there's hope?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I wish Washington would change their name and get rid of Snyder so I could root for them

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/666002199667941381

as a dc resident, dc sports deserve nothing but pain and futility. and i say that as someone who likes the Caps and Wizards

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Packers status: Aaron Fraudgers

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SmokeEater posted:

Why do people keep saying this? The 2015 Packers are not a good team. Rodgers has been misfiring for the last four weeks now, defense has been a major liability, and after the Vikings win today will be in the lead for the North.

I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs at all. If they get in, it'll certainly be a first round exit.

would you say it's a...lost season?

also this eagles season is maddening because if they just weren't such loving poo poo when it's late and close they'd be like 7-2. ugh. get healthy bradford.

on the plus side, dallas might actually lose every single game romo didn't play in. actually, if he comes back next week they will have lost every single non-romo game. drat.

axeil fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 15, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rasczak posted:

If Dallas shuts Romo down for the season would it be possible for him to win MVP after not playing football

i'd vote for romo as the mvp. dallas is a super bowl team with better than weedan/cassel-tier QBing

also peyton manning is done

5/20, 35 yards, 4 INT

against THE CHIEFS

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
apparently bill's black magic does apply to the Giants now.

Well hey now we're only half a game back of them! :smithicide:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

At the end of the day the NFC East still sucks

i like people booing landon collins when he clearly gave up on the ball from getting hurt

except for Washington.

The whole division is within half a game of each other except for Dallas because Romo returned to his home planet.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The NFC wildcard race is gonna be amazing. I have no idea who will get the last spot and there's an argument to be made why none of these teams deserve it.

Also I can't believe we lost to a Dolphins team playing that sloppy. Ugh. I miss Bradford already.

Speaking of Bradford, he can't remember any of the first half of the game. So yeah. :rip:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Trast posted:

Katie Nolan is going to be beside herself.

She already is, check her Twitter.

On the upside, it'd be way easier to get him on an episode of Garbage Time if he was unemployed!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

On one hand, everyone wants their team to win every year and seeing your team with high expectations flop on it's face would cause anyone to complain. Can't blame them for being unhappy about it.

On the other hand, tears are delicious, especially coming from fans of a team still likely to make the playoffs and another still with a pretty decent chance to claim another spot.

eagles fans thought we were going to the super bowl this year. instead we are starting mark sanchez on thanksgiving. again. for the second year in a row.

but at least it's been really loving hilarious. I Love Chip Kelly And His Wild Ride.

we've gotten quite good at laughing at our terrible misfortune instead of whining. because the eagles are cursed and will never win the super bowl. it warms my black, evil santa-claus-hating heart to read the lament of all these packers fans. i hope all fans of good teams get to experience the decades of darkness the browns have lived in.

or even worse, decades of "almost good enough". like the bills in the 90s. or the eagles in the early aughts.

Febreeze posted:

You'd be surprised how quickly winning spoils you

as an eagles fan who started watching the team when we went to back-to-back-to-back NFCCGs and lost this is very true. i shudder to think of what sort of monstrosity i would have been had we not constantly gotten our hearts broken.

in a way, andy reid was saving me. from myself.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 17, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

You dare think that the wild ride doesn't end with Sanchez raising the Lombardi

nah more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PI55OCfFEU

edit: not a real accident in case anyone is worried

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

What's not shown is Mariota carefully catching the ride into his arms

so the titans win the super bowl on a game-ending sanchez int?

that would be so perfect. chip might actually kill himself as the confetti falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i saw the score and did nothing but laugh.

poor bengals

edit: like i seriously didn't even bother watching because of course the bengals were gonna win.

but then i forgot about PRIMETIME ANDY and welp.

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 17, 2015

• Locked thread