Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Halo 3 was the best online multiplayer I've played on a console.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hell, Reach was great too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i miss playing the halo 1 demo all the time in middle school

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Me and my cousin conquered Halo 1 Legendary co-op by abusing respawning. I'll never forget finally escaping the Pillar of Autumn in that run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My weapons of choice:

Halo 1-
The badass pistol
Shotgun
Needler
Plasma Pistol + my fist

Halo 2-
Beam rifle
Rocket Launcher

and of course Plasma Grenades in both games.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 13, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i've literally only played the Halo series once, and it was maybe 5 minutes. It was the original game, and this guy was like hey let's co-op lol. Legendary ok? Even after I told him I'd never played it before. So I died instantly and got to watch him run around half a screen playing Halo while I wished I was back home with my PS2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

halo was never my thing but it got a lot of people excited to play games so good on bungie for that and its earlier body of work.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've literally only played the Halo series once, and it was maybe 5 minutes. It was the original game, and this guy was like hey let's co-op lol. Legendary ok? Even after I told him I'd never played it before. So I died instantly and got to watch him run around half a screen playing Halo while I wished I was back home with my PS2.

Ah, to be young and owned.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Here's the earliest screenshot of Halo, back when it was being made in the late 90s as a Macintosh exclusive

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i always thought the alien pistol in halo 1 resembled the power beam in metroid prime kinda, and you were p much fighting space pirates so it was the only gun i ever used. both in mp and sp

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i never use laser/energy/plasma weapons in any shooter games if i have an option because bullets are cooler

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

rediscover posted:

i never use laser/energy/plasma weapons in any shooter games if i have an option because bullets are cooler

Please refer to the Advanced Warfare section of the CoD thread to know why this is wrong.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like games with rail guns or gauss guns because they're kind of like lasers and bullets combined.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the laser musket in Fallout 4 is cool though.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Reach was probably my favorite. I remember having more fun with Halo 4 than any other Halo for like 3 weeks and then suddenly losing all interest in a way I never have in a Halo game before. Hopefully 5 isn't the same but it'll be a long time before I can afford an Xbox One so I guess it's a moot point.

rediscover posted:

Same, though I make an exception for Fallout and Advanced Warfare.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Here's the earliest screenshot of Halo, back when it was being made in the late 90s as a Macintosh exclusive

Reminds me of Halo DS

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Reach was probably my favorite. I remember having more fun with Halo 4 than any other Halo for like 3 weeks and then suddenly losing all interest in a way I never have in a Halo game before. Hopefully 5 isn't the same but it'll be a long time before I can afford an Xbox One so I guess it's a moot point.

Same, though I make an exception for Fallout and Advanced Warfare.

Do not buy an Xbox One

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

metricchip posted:

Reminds me of Halo DS

Want

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its lame that they dont make Halo for PC anymore, but last I played like 5 years ago lol, they had made a Halo Custom Edition thing that didn't require your CD key & people had managed to find a way to replicate most of Halo 2 and 3 in the Halo 1 engine, including extra grenades, perks, damaged vehicles, the new gamemodes, etc. So it almost doesn't matter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The version of Halo for the 2600 is cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo 1 PC had pre purchase rewards for Reach.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I played Halo 3 on the Xbox 360, and i enjoyed my time spent in the online multiplayer.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the time when the singleplayer, coop and multiplayer mode were all very win

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Love the Spartan Laser

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Halo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tfw you finally perfect the superbounce up to the top of the level on halo 2 matchmaking

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

tfw you finally perfect the superbounce up to the top of the level on halo 2 matchmaking

Getting hit with some serious middle school feels right now.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Just noticed that the Halo DS hud includes a "Score".

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Gauss warthog was the best vehicle followed by the scorpion.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Skylark posted:

Just noticed that the Halo DS hud includes a "Score".

Here lies MaDSter Chief
He never scored

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Halo 3 online was cool, especially when everyone charged for the Energy Swords and would get owned by anyone with a gun immediately after.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
was 3 the one with the 32 player mode with huge maps and multiple objectives that changed each time? i liked that mode.

i liked that brute motorcyle in 3 as well.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Action Tortoise posted:

was 3 the one with the 32 player mode with huge maps and multiple objectives that changed each time? i liked that mode.

i liked that brute motorcyle in 3 as well.

big team battle was a hoot

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I played a lot of halo 1 and 2 at lan parties and had a lot of fun, but then made the mistake of trying to play the singleplayer campaigns, which were not as fun.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

reach was really cool because the alien designs were quite interesting and made it clear what skill level of enemy you were fighting. Also no flood.

Odst was good for that same reason.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
My friend Jim had Halo 1 when it was new and we played local mp and I shot a warthog off a cliff with a rocket and Jim remarked on how incredible games had become by allowing such a tactic to be used.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is one of my favorite videos of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQIQljaAc0

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Warthog ramming contests in halo 1 ftw. When they hit one would just stop dead in its tracks and the other would fly in the air and do a hundred flips. Then you had the other 2 guys on the ground try and shoot the flying one down using rocket launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In college my roommate bought Halo 2 at midnight release and we stayed up all night playing through most of the campaign co-op

• Locked thread