Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Played through a couple levels of Halo 5 and enjoyed it. Gonna play more later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's what Halo 2 should have been.

I'm too blinded by nostalgia to dislike Halo 2... The only thing about it that hasn't aged so well imho is how there's something like 5 or 6 segments where you're fighting off waves of enemies on a slow moving gondola/elevator, which is especially odd considering how there aren't any sections in Halo 1 or 3 where you do that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Throw your rear end into a slow moving gondola.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

The Resident Evil 4 thread is that way.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm too blinded by nostalgia to dislike Halo 2... The only thing about it that hasn't aged so well imho is how there's something like 5 or 6 segments where you're fighting off waves of enemies on a slow moving gondola/elevator, which is especially odd considering how there aren't any sections in Halo 1 or 3 where you do that.

Some of them weren't so bad if you brought a sniper rifle since the enemy usually didn't have snipers so it gave you a chance to soften them up. But elevator/rail car/whatever segments are really bad in every game

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Isn't there a whole level of fighting guys on elevators in halo 1?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

Check this out: goondola

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Flannelette posted:

Isn't there a whole level of fighting guys on elevators in halo 1?

You fight guys in hallways and go up elevators, but not both at once.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Some of them weren't so bad if you brought a sniper rifle since the enemy usually didn't have snipers so it gave you a chance to soften them up. But elevator/rail car/whatever segments are really bad in every game

There's a good one in RE4

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You fight guys in hallways and go up elevators, but not both at once.

Is halo 2 the one where you ride a elevator going down and lots of enemies fight you on this tiny elevator?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Flannelette posted:

Is halo 2 the one where you ride a elevator going down and lots of enemies fight you on this tiny elevator?

Yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Those loving elevators that are huge platforms going up and/or down a slanted shaft are a sure-fire way to tell when the game is going to get annoying (if it hasn't already).

e: I don't remember if Halos had any. Maybe they're not futuristic enough :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Those loving elevators that are huge platforms going up and/or down a slanted shaft are a sure-fire way to tell when the game is going to get annoying (if it hasn't already).

e: I don't remember if Halos had any. Maybe they're not futuristic enough :shrug:

The ones in Metal Gear Solid 1 were cool.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jerry Cotton posted:

there was one in half-life 1. it dropped headcrabs on you. took maybe 30 seconds, though, so idk if that counts.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

PleasingFungus posted:

there was one in half-life 1. it dropped headcrabs on you. took maybe 30 seconds, though, so idk if that counts.

It was early in the game and the headcrabs were easy to kill so it wasn't terrible.

Xen and On A Rail were worse.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Xen was cool, and I liked the jumping puzzles.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Hey, remember that part in Halo where they were gonna blow up the galaxy with Halo but then they didn't blow up the galaxy with Halo?

Or that part in halo 2 where they were going to blow up the galaxy with halo, but then they didn't?

Or that part in halo 3 where they were going to blow up the galaxy with halo, but then they blew up that other thing with it instead?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ikanreed posted:

Hey, remember that part in Halo where they were gonna blow up the galaxy with Halo but then they didn't blow up the galaxy with Halo?

Or that part in halo 2 where they were going to blow up the galaxy with halo, but then they didn't?

Or that part in halo 3 where they were going to blow up the galaxy with halo, but then they blew up that other thing with it instead?

I remember, because I played and enjoyed those games and wasn't a loving human being trying to sarcastically mock one of the greatest videogame series of all times. Jackass.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

:smugmrgw:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ikanreed posted:

durr

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ikanreed posted:

Yes, because Master Chief saved the galaxy all three times. #LockTheTopic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know the Halo games had an actual Halo in it until like, Halo 3.

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I remember, because I played and enjoyed those games and wasn't a loving human being trying to sarcastically mock one of the greatest videogame series of all times. Jackass.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

"I want to make a web discussion forum where people can complain about cool games" - lowtax, 1986

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ikanreed posted:

I remember all of these and they were loving awesome!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Halo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just beat Reach again for the first time since it came out... Bungie's message at the end of the game, with the intro of Halo CE going on in the background, really brings home the feels.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Current objective: Survive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Epic final stand update: I shot one grunt before getting stuck immediately by the first Elite I came across

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I loled when this cutscene came up in game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should put the Master Chief Collection on PC so I can play all these games.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

They should put the Master Chief Collection on PC so I can play all these games.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never play Halo 3/Reach/ODST. Maybe I'll hook up the ol' 360 one of these days

• Locked thread