Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Thanks for the info, that makes it a lot easier kitting out my fleet, especially my new premium Connecticut.

e:
The 'machinegun' slots on the Connecticut are taken up by the 37mm guns, because the manual AAA is already filled with 76mm guns. The secondary armament is impressive and it comes with 4 torpedo tubes, don't see them but wikipedia lists them as submerged so I guess those are old-school forward firing tubes like you find on some of the old (pre-)Dreadnaughts. This might turn into my new favorite boat.

e2:
also changed my ingame name to Feindfeuer, don't know what I typed before but the chatfilter either doesn't work while renaming or it's not containing bad words at all.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are tier differences this brutal above tier 1-2 as well? there is not much I can do against destroyers with twice my health that can kill me with guns alone before I can even get into torpedo range.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What are you in that a destroyer has twice your health.

Oh you are comparing tier 1 and 2, haha

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 16, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Which is weird, cause my Tier 1 Destroyer has no problem sinking any tier 2 destroyer. The only thing it really lacks is depth charges.

Also trip report after my first round in the BB18 Connecticut, the Torpedotubes are placed at the front and back of the ship firing sideways, allowing you to combat any uboat that thinks your lone BB is an easy target. The primaries are not that great as half of them are only 203mm guns with only the forward and rearward turret featuring 305mm barrels; but they still get the job done. The secondaries are awesome, the 12 x 176mm guns fire fast and accurate and will decimate anything that dares to close with you and the 8 x 76mm manual AA allows you to clear the sky of any plane formation you might encounter at that tier.

And you do all of this while rocking the white/golden paintjob of the great white fleet. Including golden trim between the white part of the hull and the red waterline part and black barrels sticking out from your golden turrets. It's beautiful. :allears:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 16, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Feindfeuer posted:

Which is weird, cause my Tier 1 Destroyer has no problem sinking any tier 2 destroyer. The only thing it really lacks is depth charges.

Also trip report after my first round in the BB18 Connecticut, the Torpedotubes are placed at the front and back of the ship firing sideways, allowing you to combat any uboat that things your lone BB is an easy target. The primaries are not that great as half of them are only 203mm guns with only the forward and rearward turret featuring 305mm barrels; but they still get the job done. The secondaries are awesome, the 12 x 176mm guns fire fast and accurate and will decimate anything that dares to close with you and the 8 x 76mm manual AA allows you to clear the sky of any plane formation you might encounter at that tier.

And you do all of this while rocking the white/golden paintjob of the great white fleet. Including golden trim between the white part of the hull and the red waterline part and black barrels sticking out from your golden turrets. It's beautiful. :allears:

Pre-dreadnoughts are amazing.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The German tier 3 BB has something like 8 secondaries per side with a less than 4 second reload time. Mega critted an Omaha with one full secondary broadside into oblivion. I was in a tier 5/6 match where a Pennsylvania (Tier 6 US BB) nuked a Kong from 3k HP down to 200ish HP in one volley.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Between this and Armored Warfare, I imagine all sorts of :supaburn: in Wargaming's headquarters.

Then you remember that Wargaming is basically the most utterly abusive fuckers in the FtP circuit (not including Koreans, which have a tier all of their own.) and smile gently.

I shall :getin: with all due haste.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Definately going to try this out, looks like a fun wows!

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I saw something about needing to pay gold to go above tier 4 in more than one line per nation, can anyone confirm/deny?

edit: yeah it's the "ship blueprint" items but it's badly translated, anyone know what those do?

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 16, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I think they role split the ships better than any other similar games out there. Although 50% of playerbase are subs right now haha. I think it's due to the fact that it's a new fun concept, they don't seem to be OP.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

James Garfield posted:

I saw something about needing to pay gold to go above tier 4 in more than one line per nation, can anyone confirm/deny?

edit: yeah it's the "ship blueprint" items but it's badly translated, anyone know what those do?

"If a Lv4 ship has been developed, you can develop other Lv4 ships of the same country"

This means if you have a T4 BB, you can buy these for gold and get a T4 SS or CA or CL or CV

You don't have to do this. It is an option.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It also unlocks all of its parts.

All parts are unlocked, but you still have to buy the boat and parts.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 16, 2015

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Ok after seeing mention about this game somewhere else tried it, and its bloody brilliant.

Its Navyfield but modern day, and with a good F2P model as well! Seriously seriously impressed so far. Ok the ship models aren't that pretty but thats willing to be overlooked for what is a really fun game and what really is Navyfield 3D.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I applied as Duckaerob1cs because my name has naughty words in it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rad Russian posted:

I think they role split the ships better than any other similar games out there. Although 50% of playerbase are subs right now haha. I think it's due to the fact that it's a new fun concept, they don't seem to be OP.

Yeah. Subs, if played well, are a pretty hard counter to BBs and CVs, which is a good and useful niche. But cruisers (at least of the light variety) and especially destroyers are small and nimble enough to evade their torpedoes all day and hunt them down pretty easily, especially if they have torpedoes themselves in addition to the depth charges. It's just really difficult to score a torp hit on something that's much quicker than you and is actively evading. Case in point: http://giant.gfycat.com/ResponsibleElaborateAsianconstablebutterfly.webm :smugdog:

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Applied as Jaroslav

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, I cannot find some decent gameplay videos of this without some idiot talking all over it an extremely annoying and false personality.

Panzeh posted:

Pre-dreadnoughts are amazing.

They really knew how to paint ships lovely back then. :allears:

Shame the drive for pretty ships often resulted in subpar performance. Doing crazy things like quietly dumping practice ammo over the side so they didn't actually have to shoot it and ruin the paintwork, or that time the British so obsessively grinded and polished bulkhead doors to a lovely shine that it was discovered they were compromised and would collapse during flooding.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
How grindy is this game compared to WoWS? I really liked WoWS but just couldn't deal with the grind after they made it way longer. All I want to do is bomb things in a Carrier and tool around in a Destroyer.

E: Also do people play the respawn gamemode because I like respawning since I'm bad and die a lot

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 16, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I have all game-modes selected and I get into a respawn match on a regular basis. So either people don't know how to opt-out of it or there are actually people enjoying it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The grind is about the same. Slows down tier 4/5 which by then you'll know if you want to play the game for fun, or just to watch numbers go up :)

Griz
May 21, 2001

I applied as FATMOUSE

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got room for 3 more people, so donate what ever when ever and we can get room for 10 more.

MadMusician
Oct 16, 2010
I didn't even realize other goons were playing this until I found the fleet tag. Also, yes. Most sub players are really bad.

I applied as Hatecaster.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We upgraded the fleet again. Room for 12 more people.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Invite as Klaus-47 please.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Apply to the guild then.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 17, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

TRIPPLE POST COMBO

British Ships on the 27th. Mods on steam said december for us at some point.
http://hz.changyou.com/hz/news/20151112/102567.shtml

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Can you transfer flags to a different ship or is it just stuck to whichever one you bought it for?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is stuck on that ship. 200 gold for a single flag is 2/5ths of a dollar. 1/5th with a package.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Third World Reggin posted:

TRIPPLE POST COMBO

British Ships on the 27th. Mods on steam said december for us at some point.
http://hz.changyou.com/hz/news/20151112/102567.shtml

Does that include Western/English users? Or is it universal updates/servers or whatever?

Didn't realize the Brits weren't in this yet, what nations are? US, Germany, and Japan? I doubt they have :italy:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Some dev said it was december for the US server, but who knows, it may come early.

It is the US, Japan, and Germany. You also can't say jap so we can call it nippon, or nip for short, and say those nip ships.

The only french vessel in is the surcouf and it is pretty expensive, like 40 or 90 bucks based on if you get a double gold package or not. There is also a chinese gold ship but lol at that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm not surprised there are no Italian ships, their navy was pretty rubbish at least in the crew quality. The ships themselves were fine and quite lovely.

Also lol that you can say Nip (which always seemed much more racially charged to me) and not Jap. From what I understand, many Japanese don't even consider "Jap" offensive.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Italians would own if we could get that high visibility paintjob so Italian bombers don't accidentally bomb us.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Jap/Japs was used primarily derogatory during and a little after WW2, even in things like newspapers and so on while Nip(s) wasn't really used as such so I can sort of understand why they would filter the one and not the other.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Italians would own if we could get that high visibility paintjob so Italian bombers don't accidentally bomb us.

No mistaking that. :v:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Junkozeyne posted:

Jap/Japs was used primarily derogatory during and a little after WW2, even in things like newspapers and so on while Nip(s) wasn't really used as such so I can sort of understand why they would filter the one and not the other.

The filter blocks "pee," I don't think a great deal of English fluency went into its development.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
The word system is blocked. The word night is blocked as well.

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Speaking of, are night battles just really rare, or do you only start getting them at a certain tier?

• Locked thread