Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Nothing I hate more in this game then losing to really mediocre platoons because they have a spotting/numbers advantage. With the BR balancing change you really can't solo queue anymore can you, it's just a nightmare at 8+ now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Mazz posted:

Nothing I hate more in this game then losing to really mediocre platoons because they have a spotting/numbers advantage. With the BR balancing change you really can't solo queue anymore can you, it's just a nightmare at 8+ now.

It really is a nightmare, even just getting one daily win in my Revenge is turning into :goonsay:

sukhoi_vegas
Apr 8, 2014
Matchmaking can be pretty bad, and the playerbase is really devoid of 'average players' since you have hardcore 70% win rate players, noobs, and the dedicated idiots who have 3000 matches but 43%...

The latter are the ones that really ruin the game for me.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The Admiral Hipper does not deserve the designation of heavy cruiser.

I just sailed straight in a Somers and shot it to death while only suffering about 800 HP damage.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Danann posted:

I just sailed straight in a Somers and shot it to death while only suffering about 800 HP damage.

The Admiral Hipper is 8 guns on a rickety, leaky rubber bote.

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005

Danann posted:

You forgot the best game, the night battlest night battle. Me taking my Kongo and ramming an Ise after we couldn't depress our guns enough. Turns out the Kongo is a champ at running around and ramming things.

sukhoi_vegas
Apr 8, 2014
I do like that ramming is a legitimate tactic.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

sukhoi_vegas posted:

I do like that ramming is a legitimate tactic.

Nobody expects the 37 knot Iowa.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I got to fight Elder Lee in the Hyper KitKat in my Repulse.

He sailed straight which gave me hits from the Repulse's main battery, for some reason he insisted on sailing at about half speed, and he couldn't wall me in after I've been pinned to the border.

I topped the team in damage and got 90 merit from wining two Overlord matches thanks to Lee.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The new monthly reward is 900 merit instead of a random commander. :eyepop:

Granted the commander rolls may be crap but still.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
:siren:You can now obtain 150 Qualification(not merit actual Qual!) per tier from 2 to 6 from rebuying one ship per tier:siren:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So I need to buy a ship in a tier then I get 150 or do I need to sell then buy same one?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

tater_salad posted:

So I need to buy a ship in a tier then I get 150 or do I need to sell then buy same one?

Just buy any ship. It just also works if you buy a ship you already went through, which is hilarious.

sukhoi_vegas
Apr 8, 2014

Groggy nard posted:

Just buy any ship. It just also works if you buy a ship you already went through, which is hilarious.

I keep pretty much all my ships, so this is actually kind of frustrating to go through, but the merit is worth it.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
The "gg close" lives on

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General
Is the match maker still poo poo?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Lee Outrageous posted:

Is the match maker still poo poo?

It seems to be less so now, but it's still not as good as a proper three man team.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ping location of enemy submarine. Friendly team DDs proceed to ignore and go in the opposite direction. They later get sunk trying to torpedo enemy battleships and a heavy cruiser at maximum range.

:psyduck:

sukhoi_vegas
Apr 8, 2014

Danann posted:

Ping location of enemy submarine. Friendly team DDs proceed to ignore and go in the opposite direction. They later get sunk trying to torpedo enemy battleships and a heavy cruiser at maximum range.
:psyduck:

A bad DD player can lose the game for your side all on your own. It's why I scan the list to see how hard I need to work in the match. If I get a good DD, I'm safe. Also, I've noticed Voland from DarkJudge will throw the game intentionally if all his DJ buddies are on the other side. Word of warning.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Been playing this a little bit again, feels really dead even compared to before, but at the same time a lot of the good players left too so when I can get a tier 7+ game it's generally pretty easy again.

The fletcher still feels like a piece of poo poo compared to the Akizuki, especially solo queuing.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 13, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Got back into the game with Kommy and Night, first thing I did was kill Drac0's DD with my submarine. He then bitched at me and told me to "git gud".

Some things never change.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I missed shoot bote.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

New update dropped with new events. Two are basically play any two matches to get four rangefinders total, 7 day premium, and the commanders Stephan Beatty and Luckner. The other series of events reward a pile of commander XP books and anther 7 day premium. To finish the latter series of events, you just need to buy tier 2 ships up to tier 6 ships.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Applying to fleet as Num 1 Sxy Dad

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Applying to fleet as Num 1 Sxy Dad

Welcome to the deadest goon guild in the history of dead goon guilds

I still like this game :colbert:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Groggy nard posted:

Welcome to the deadest goon guild in the history of dead goon guilds

I still like this game :colbert:

It's pretty fun.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
In other news, it seems like weekend mornings have lots of players at higher tiers. Like the 8/9 8v8 where my Iowa was everyones first priority to shoot, even my own teammates :yaycloud:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Game Release Reward ! posted:

In order to british Department battleship version update. , every ship will gain triple EXP after its daily first victory.

Doubleposting to let people know.

Also new events for buying ships from Tier 2 to 6 gets you Naval Tactics Books.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Groggy.png

Good work, best DD man.

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
When are you guys on anyways?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Irregularly, sadly. I've been resuming planefight and ratfight and it's eaten into my botefite time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i've come to the controversial conclusion that this game is good.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

i've come to the controversial conclusion that this game is good.

Too bad there's like no one playing it.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Too bad there's like no one playing it.

did they ever put out an english website?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
AFAIK literally nothing has changed. It's even the same small group of awful people in game, just even less of them.

Shame really, some good times in those fleet battles and/or wrecking everyone with goons for hours on end.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Italian ship a'Comin'. Also British BCs.

Might be time to come back when they show up.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Italian ships? Which ones?

Please say my beautiful Littorio. :italy:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Italian ships? Which ones?

Please say my beautiful Littorio. :italy:

They called it the Livorno, but I can't find any mention of a ship of that name.

I'd kill for the RM line. The RM are cool boats and they actually did have a fleet.

It might be the Littorio, as they advertise it having 'powerful 381mm cannons', just with their special translating.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
It looks a bit like the Caracciolo. Pretty much a Yorck, but a bit smaller and better armored. Searching Livorno mostly turns up hypothetical ship websites though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Still, the RM really does have a full line of ships. They even have a historical weakness and strength you could use for the gameplay: Their electronics sucked but they had great secondary layouts and extremely long range high velocity guns.

• Locked thread