Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Downloading now. When you score hits with dive bombers, do they actually do more than tickle the enemy ship like in WoWs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
First real game, in the opening rush:
1) A teammate does a PIT maneuver on me, driving me into an iceburg.
2) He's hung up on me, and our two-destroyer raft ends up catching no less than five other teammates who can't stop or get past.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This game has the Surcouf, yes? :france:

Any good gameplay videos so I can see what this is like?

It is the only French ship currently in game. It's only purchasable for the real money currency, and costs about $90 USD.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I'm sort of digging the differences for torpedoes from WoWs. Significantly larger arming time and no lead indicator means there's a real reason to launch spreads. With the single torp option, you can basically make a custom width spread pretty easily to hedge your predictions. Large but not excessive limited ammo, so you can't just spam them on longshot blind guesses, but you can take the occasional low-probability shot.

What are the damage possibilities for a shallow sub? In my second game I took off alone for the back lines submerged, and had three enemy subs and two or three flights of dive bombers launching torps and bombs at me for about half the round, and nothing hit. Is it possible to get hit by torps or aircraft bombs while at the shallow submerged depth?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Sounds fun and exciting. Is ther a guide to getting on Mumble for this for the antisocial who can't figure out what the "CTS" server means?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Third World Reggin posted:

submarines that run deep and stop moving are completely invisible

Someone tried to do this to me today, while my Mahan was directly over them. I just dropped three loads of depth charges on them and sunk them.

It is astounding how many players want to stand stock still as battleships. I put a load of torps into one which was stationary at max range. They moved about 0.5 km and stopped again for a full minute, which let me reload and send another full load into them. Even 1/4 movement makes torp shots quite a bit harder.

Bonus tip: Submerged subs are by far the slowest thing in the game. If there's one creeping up on your carrier or battleship you can just run away and they can't possibly catch you.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Donate more.

I promise once I buy my Atlanta, the fleet will have all my silver.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Subs are not even remotely hard to detect. Diving forces the enemy to try to torpedo and depth charge you and even on the surface, you're not easy to hit with gunfire. You can still do amazing things in a sub because about half of the battleship players think you have to stop moving to shoot and have tunnel vision for whatever they're firing at.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
See, subs are cool and good....

...up until Tier IV or so when players learn how to deal with them.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
KeepaTierIIIshiparound.jpg

Oh wait, there's a second page of awards!

P-P-P-P-P-Pentakill :smugdog:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
e: Database fuckery. Anyway, you should totally try driving a Mahan into the back ranks of a Tier III match sometime.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
The trident was for killing 2 carriers and 2 battleships in the same battle. I think it was called "Giant Killer"

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:captainpop::respek::cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Crash74 posted:

The chinese website for this game is gold, Video with the courageous but lovely chinese navy going it all alone against the odds to defeat the japanese that are literal chickens with hitler staches to try and stop the rape of nanking.:
http://event.changyou.com/hz/201508/suspense/pc/index.shtml

first video has lots of bushido spirit:
http://hz.changyou.com/video.shtml

main chinese website:
http://hz.changyou.com/main.shtml

They really need to get a loving english website. Thats pretty bad when they don't even do enough marketing to even hire some shlubs to poo poo out a poorly translated engrish website.

Anime girl Hitler.

• Locked thread